SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 35 of 37 1 2 … 33 34 35 36 37
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Yeah interesting. I bet it works that way probably. And I think it also doubles their attacks on you. If it does the latter then that's valuable to me.

So like rather than wanting to have 100% enemy netrunner time to give me more time to hack them (which I will take, sure) I am hoping it makes them take longer to hack me. If it does both all the better.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
I am playing on hard, maybe that makes the assault rifles extra crappy.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
B
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
im about to pick the game again. did they fix the enemies wall hacking you ? (Seeing you even behind a wall)

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
I am playing on hard, maybe that makes the assault rifles extra crappy.

They're still crappy on the default difficulty. Waste ammo, but it's not fast enough like an SMG which makes up for it in DPS. The SMGs just don't have the accuracy or recoil, but at medium range it doesn't matter. Pistols and rifles are so much slower firing and controlled that you actually hit your target.

As for the Operating system my netrunner is using, it's the Biochem one. Adds 10% to DOT damage, but outside of instakills like takedown or suicide, when in combat I use !!!!!!. Also adds time for combat quickhacks, I don't really use those so just there.
Then there's the Arisaka one, which I think my ninja uses, with the added time to be detected, lower cost to use covert quckhacks and recover RAM on takedowns. Works for a ninja.
The Militech Paraline, adds 10% to quickhack damage, nanowire damage (personal preference, but I don't much care for them) and hitting enemies with a smart weapon makes quickhacks load faster. I don't like smart weapons either so it's not an issue.
Then there's the Tetratronic one, this one has more RAM than the others, but the bonuses is just you deal more damage to someone under the effect of a noncombat hack. Combat hacks do more damage when queued after noncombat hacks. That 5 (i think) extra RAM is very tempting for a netrunner though.
Then there's the Raven one, this is kind nice because hacks that spread do so right away rather than waiting for it to finish and they have 40% more range.

It also seems you can still target people through walls, you just need a high level deck with a high level ping to do it.
And yes, you can use turrets and cameras to remotely do that as well, but those require LOS from that point still.

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ
im about to pick the game again. did they fix the enemies wall hacking you ? (Seeing you even behind a wall)


Maybe, how high is the wall? Did a netrunner track you down? Because if they have one, and are alerted or they tracked you through your hacking, they'll know where you regardless of their or your locations.
I haven't noticed much of an issue with being seen through walls.

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Sometimes Cyberpunk looks like a painting...

[Linked Image]

The main stories are really good.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
The skip ahead prompt is Y. On my game it says skip ahead but no prompt. Weird. Nice shot Blastman, and useful too!

Originally Posted by wormfood

Then there's the Tetratronic one, this one has more RAM than the others, but the bonuses is just you deal more damage to someone under the effect of a noncombat hack. Combat hacks do more damage when queued after noncombat hacks. That 5 (i think) extra RAM is very tempting for a netrunner though.
Then there's the Raven one, this is kind nice because hacks that spread do so right away rather than waiting for it to finish and they have 40% more range.


I'm currently using the Rippler, which has the +5 RAM and it lets me do the Ultimate hacks now. That additional RAM plus the proximity RAM-cost reduction perk means I can do stuff like Cyberpsychosis which is a lot of fun. This one makes the target attack his closest ally, and if none are around he suicides. Came across a rough looking bunch led by a skull with a bat and he proceeded to wreck his friends. Having gotten to 20 in both Tech and Cool I'm now dropping points in to Intelligence as the revamped hacking side of the game is a lot of fun (and powerful) isn't it? This also means I can use Detonate Grenade, need the mats to craft it, but I gotta watch the proximity on that one. I went to a netrunner shop and bought tier 4 hacking components for 48k but I didn't see them in my inventory. Reloaded until I know what I'm doing. I'll start hacking access points now and I think I can get components that way.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
I was playing and it suddenly struck me that the reason probably was there is nothing assigned to it, which he set to Y. Derp. Sorted.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
One more comments about the decks.... there are two similar, but different, bonuses on some of these decks related to enemy hackers. One says 40% trace time. The Mircocyber though has 100% enemy netrunner time, and obviously these two are not the same thing. But the netrunner time may be old news and it no longer works this way. I have yet to find the Mk4 to check. I'm level 40 now and honestly it's getting to where it no longer matters. Feeling quite strong, and there's still twenty levels left to go So far the build went 20 Tech, 20 Cool, now 12 Intelligence since you get +1 RAM for every four points here (giving my V 24 at the mo). Now I'll start dropping points in Body. How many do we get overall, 81?

I've dropped about 60 hours in to run number two and Cyberpunk is a better overall experience. More fleshed out, new conveniences. Like the apartments and romance dates. I've bought all aside from the Corpo one, and I'm a corpo! smile

The revised skills and perk system works very nicely. The hacking side is way better. There are too many NCPD hustles dammit.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4641080 01/14/24 02:43 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by DBond
Like the apartments and romance dates..



What "romance dates" are these exactly? Do these involve your primary love interest or do they involve the locally available prostitutes?


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
The second might be possible, I saw a lady who was offering her services. But yeah, you can have your romance come to your apartment, and this can be repeated as often as you like. Not much to do. Shower, cuddle, chat really. But I remember thinking in the first run after the Panam quest line was over that it seemed silly I never saw her again. So this gives it all some permanence and it's a nice touch. The Glen apartment is nice and it's cool to return and have her there. You can also send flowers and gifts for nominal fees. These can happen every 48 hours in game, or whenever you're ready.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Finally got around to starting Phantom Liberty. Really liked the opening (which takes a couple hours). The atmosphere is cool, a war-torn mojo. As I was walking around I felt Promethea from Borderlands 3 vibes. The opening act was quite cinematic and if the rest of the DLC maintains that level it looks to be well worth it. I'm too high level already (42) and I'll cap out before the end of the game which is always a bad thing.

Has anyone gotten the achievement for buying all the cars? I think it is about 1.7m total, and the free stuff like the cave Caliburn doesn't count toward the total. Are motorbikes needed?


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
I started Phantom Liberty over the weekend. I don't know how far I got, but I met Songbird in the flesh....err, chrome? Liking it so far.
I like the Dogtown side gigs. Crappy setting and crappy situations the characters get into. Kind of reminds me of the Witcher where sometimes there isn't a clear good option. No Easy Way Out in particular comes to mind.
Mr Hands was reading The Chessmen of Mars, so he's got good taste in old sci fi.
And the mocap performances and animations of the main cast in Phantom Liberty are good.


I did get the achievement for buying all the cars and I think motorcycles are included. What isn't required is the ones you don't buy, like Caesar's car from the Beat on the Brat quests, other quest reward cars and the few random barn finds. I cheesed crafting in early version of the game to get the eddies needed to do it. You can still do that, it's just a bit tougher that it used to be. Also, since you have Phantom Liberty, do those car stealing missions. You get discount bonuses on buying the cars. Do a couple of them and it amounts to 50% off. Very helpful if you want to buy those supercars that are 200K+.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Thanks for the tip to get vehicle discounts. I'm richer in the second run I think than I was in the first, so it got me thinking about going for that one. I'm sitting on a cool million without even trying to get rich, so if I want to it shouldn't be too tough. You can clear 100k easy every 20 minutes just icing random gangs and selling the drops.

Speaking of gangs.... I read in one of the patch notes, probably, that gangs can now get bent out of shape over your actions that they start hunting you down. Now, I don't know what is supposed to tick them off, but I've laid flat a few thousand and this has not triggered as far as I can tell. How do you reach gang-target status?

The radio constantly coming on is annoying. Most of this music is trash to my ears and I want to turn it off. Read to turn down radio volume so if I remember I will try that. Makes sense but I had music off so....

Are there tier 5 suppressors? I'm seeing lots of new stuff in Dogtown so maybe I'll find one.

Hacking is fun. I tried it in the older, pre-2.0 version and found it useful, but not so compelling. Now, I really like it. So many options, and the queuing is cool. I prefer to shoot it out if I'm honest, but I've found so many ways to employ the hacks and other 'runner options inside and outside of combat. Very useful indeed. Running a tier 5 Rippler now. When I started looking at this side of the game I started hacking access points (too easy once you know what you're supposed to do) which nets a lot of hacking components so I can craft top-tier hacks to install. Like I said, didn't give this much focus during the first run, but now, with the changes, I'm having a good time with it. You can clear mobs without pulling a weapon. Make the bad guys do your work for you.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
For a while I didn't shoot any gangs. Now I shoot every one I see. I'd rather be running and gunning than walking around.

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
Unless they added new cars they could all be purchased for something just under 2 millions. The discount says it can be accumulative, but one time only. Doing 2 or 3 gives a 50% off. Plus each one gives 4-10K each, plus some crafting materials and a piece of gear or two. Shouldn't be hard to come up with the cash for it. If you're doing the hacks, they give you a ton of quickhack materials than can be crafted into quickhacks and sold for a nice sum. Money isn't too hard to come by in the game.

As for the gangs, when i see them I pull a Frank Reynolds and start blasting. Haven't noticed anything new with how they interact with me at all.

There are tier 5 suppressors. Tier 5 stuff starts dropping about when you get to level 40 and by 50 on my current run I'm swimming in tier 5 stuff. So if you haven't found one yet, just level up a bit more. If you're in Dogtown you can also head to red smoke. There's a container that'll be contested between random gangs and Barghest. You can kill them all, hack the container, and steal the contents. Which is usually some high quality gear and components.

The radio is obnoxious and I thought it was broken because it didn't turn off. Turns out they added a radio when you're walking around. Tap Z (by default) to turn it off. It usually doesn't turn on automatically. It will cutoff when you get or make a call and also when you near a mission area. Then, when that call is over or you leave the area it will then kick back on. Alternatively, you can hold the radio button down and there's a volume control at the top where it says what station and song is currently on. Set it to zero so if it does come on, you won't hear it.

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
Phantom Liberty was great. I think I'll go back to an earlier save and redo some of it to see the other branches I took. Was fun and went on longer than I though it would. I haven't done all the side missions or gigs for Dogtown, but most of them are at least slightly better than the average side missions in the base game.
Just for the main story line you get spies, politics, crashing parties, disguises, a couple neat set pieces. Some varied content in there, heck, I even got some Alien Isolation out of it.


I like how most of the characters have hidden agendas and are often straight lying to you.
It's because of some of the lies, betrayals, and blackwall stuff I sided with Reed then when witnessing her flashbacks I granted Songbird's request and killed her. Actually it's probably mostly the blackwall AI stuff was kinda terrifying and I kinda figured she'd have to be put down.
I'm not as well versed in the lore of Cyberpunk as some other sci fi stuff, but as far as I know that's some real boogieman stuff you don't want to encounter. The way Songbird just melted through everything is how I feel when playing a netrunner...then I witnessed that and realized V might be a big fish in NC (at the higher levels anyway) but a very small fish in the Cyberpunk world. That AI is dangerous and those MaxTac guys were no joke.

Felt real bad, the Prez and Reed were both pissed at me. Meyer's even threatened to charge me for damages done. Johnny seems to think it was the right call over letting her got back to being Meyers' lab rat.
It's a real sad and kinda grey ending. Fits right into the themes of Cyberpunk as far as I can tell.

I then reloaded at the point of going into the core and didn't grant Songbirds request and spared her. That somehow felt way worse. She pleads constantly. Even Reed didn't seem to like it much.
Meyer's gave me a medal that I refused.

I'll use the save where I killed her for the rest of the playthrough. At some point I may go through the other half and side with Songbird.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
I don't mind the radio when I'm driving but I never use it when I'm out of the car.


And I'll re-iterate again that the very end of Phantom Liberty is one of the most compelling and poignant endings I've ever experienced in a PC game.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 01/16/24 11:56 AM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
So I let a scav scammer scam me last night, and subsequently kidnap me to see what would happen. I woke up without my stuffs--the usual "uhoh they took your things now you have to ninja stealth escape or die!"

Except I didn't.

See, I have a level 4 prog on my implant called "contagion." Yeah. They spotted me, alright, but they were already digitally infected by then. I wiped out 30 - 50 guys without firing but a handful of rounds. Haha. That was pretty funny, and beats the snot out of forced stealth.

I stealth when I want to. The rest of the time I fry the fekkers.

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
Contagion is very useful against groups of enemies. I use it to knock out vehicles, just target the anyone in it and they're all affected. Half the RAM cost of targeting self destructing the car.

Page 35 of 37 1 2 … 33 34 35 36 37

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,049 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1