Yeah, like that suit you are in in that screen above. What is that?
A Samurai armor suit.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Stylish. One of these times we bump in to each other we should go clear some location, like West Tek or something. Do some ass kicking. Or if you have a better idea. I'll have to drop by your camp too, to see what it is like. By the way, my survival tent has been down behind the Watoga train station for a while now. Use it if you need it.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Stylish. One of these times we bump in to each other we should go clear some location, like West Tek or something. Do some ass kicking. Or if you have a better idea. I'll have to drop by your camp too, to see what it is like. By the way, my survival tent has been down behind the Watoga train station for a while now. Use it if you need it.
Sounds like a good plan! I'll search for you tonight.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
OK yeah, I'll be on. Gotta take advantage of that double XP.
For Wigean.... we need to coordinate getting together to get your new rifle, This thing weighs 17 and I need it out of my stash! Haha just joking.
So we need to do a little prep beforehand since there is no voice chat (but SimHQs Teamspeak is always an option). What I would like to happen is to know when you'll be on, and then I can work out when we will intersect. From the friends list I'm guessing you can select 'join' on my username in your list. I'd ask you visit my camp and I'll meet you there, which is why we need a rough time window. I have some stuff I'd like to give you. Once there, we cannot talk, but can jump up and down and salute and wave hello and stuff. It will take a couple minutes for me to gather it and then I will drop a loot bag at my feet. What's in it is yours. Once you have it and have admired the magnificence that is my puddle camp, feel free to carry on and do your thing. No obligation other than grabbing da loot.
My camp is just southwest of vault 76. There's a crashed vertibird there near a small pond. I built my camp alongside that pond. Nice view from the campfire chairs
If there is anything you need let me know here. Water, food, ammo, explosives, plans, weapons, whatever is on your wishlist, let me know.
And for Panzer... I doubt there is anything you don't already have after a few thousand hours in 76, but is there anything you are looking for? I'd like to return the favor of your generosity if I can, though I doubt it is possible. Even ammo or grenades or whatever, just list it and I'll see what I can do. If you don't have Demo Expert maybe I can fill that gap and craft you some grenades or mines or whatever.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Thanks DBond. I have left Morgantown and I`m on my way to the Nuka Cola factory . I have to be careful because I am short of medical aids. I had to stop half way to do some real life stuff. I will try to finish my doings at the factory tomorrow, Then I will try to move towards your camp. Now when I have started this mission I will try to complete it to get the awards. I did a Google search for Nuka factory and there were some notes that there was hidden some armour nearby. I guess I will try to find it if it`s not to crowded with mutants. Now it is almost 3.00 am here so I think I will call it a day.
Anyway I did finish Huckleberry tournament. Thought it was nice to finish it now instead of doing it in a rush. Not that you have to do it. The level race in Skyfall 76 seems a lot more interesting for the moment.
Again , thanks for the help.
Nice screenshot btw.
“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
Yes that's the spot! You'd be standing on my front deck right there if my camp were placed.
Not that you intended to but don't build there or one of us wouldn't be able to place his camp if we were on the same server.
Too bad I didn't know you were on so late last night or we could have gotten this done. I found Panzer last night by clicking his name in the friends list, and clicking Join. that took me to his server and then I just fast traveled to his camp. So if you're on late tonight, look for me in your list after midnight. If we can pinpoint a time then it will all be simple. There is a low chance that one of us cannot build his camp when we join the same server.
Thanks for the plans Panzer, very much appreciated!
I have another nice surprise for you too Wigean. Don't hesitate to list anything you are looking for, or want and I'll see if I have it. Make sure you have space in inventory when you visit.
I played the first two rounds of our golf tournament last night and should finish over the weekend.
What is the rightmost icon in the lower right of your screen? Is that broken armor? If you drop your pieces I can fix them up while you're there. Unless they require ballistic fiber for repairs and then I regretfully can not.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
I want to nail down a time to make this loot drop. Thing is, I might be on, but if I'm off on a mission I won't notice you at my camp. So tonight I'll hop on and will be hanging around my camp at 6pm New York time. I think that is midnight Oslo time. So if you're still up at that late hour, just click my name in your friend's list. Click Join and you will go to the server I am in. I imagine however that the server can be full and you'd need to try again a little later. You now know where my camp is, so on the map you will see my camp icon and can fast travel to it. If I am on a team and you can join that team, you can fast travel to it for free.
I'll be there tinkering with crafting and stuff around 6. Give me a few minutes to gather everything once I see you are there. When I hop on I'm going to make a lead run, for crafting ammo, then return to camp. So if you get to my camp and I'm not there just make yourself at home. Flip on the radio, relax in the deck chairs, use my crafting tables or camp fire, go take out the raiders by the vertibird. Just beyond that vertibird is an old campsite that usually has some ammo, purified water and frag grenades among other things.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Ok Thanks. I will be there round 6 PM your time. I made an attempt to build a camp just west of you. ( think). I had so much stuff that I needed to store it somewhere. Not much of a camp, but I will learn later.
I`ve already killed those raiders twice.
Haha. Screenshot must be taken and posted.
“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
Thanks for dropping by Wigean. I hope you find some of that stuff useful.
About the rifles.... yeah, so I gave you a suppressed semi-auto Handmade to your specs. And I also gave you a suppressed Vampire automatic Handmade. I figured at this stage, since you haven't really specced in to commando or rifleman, you could have the opportunity to try both and see which way you want to go. That automatic is modified to be like what I carry, and the life steal makes it fantastic in events and tough fights. The problem is ammo. I find a lot and craft a lot, I sure do shoot a lot! But grab every gunpowder and lead you see so you can support that automatic when you use it. Pencils, aluminum cans, weights and barbells, combination wrenches, rat poison and paint cans all have lead. And in true Fallout fashion, toys (cars, aliens, rocketships, trucks), wooden toy blocks and baby rattles also contain lead. If you have a Luck point to spare -- and you should if you make a second camp loadout for crafting -- have a look at Super Duper which can really help when making stuff. I use this plus Ammosmith to boost the ammunition crafting yield.
I'm glad I got these to you before you turn 15, so that when you do you can go straight to them, if you want of course. It will coincide with the combat training wheels coming off in this game and should be perfect timing. Have fun and let me know what you think once you've given them a go. At level 25 these rifles should be replaced with new ones I reckon. Between 15 and 25 scrap every one you find so you can make good ones at level 25 after learning plans. You can get Handmade rifles at the lumber company off the free radicals, and cultists and blood eagles can drop them too.
I had to go because my dog was begging to go out. But don't hesitate to swing by whenever you're on.
And by the way, your camp location is fantastic. What a view. You could make a really nice camp there. Great choice.
Last edited by DBond; 08/12/2311:06 PM.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Punch card machine can only be built at level 25 or higher. They are at every train station and the Whitespring Mall, but maybe you can't use them until 25, and anyway, it's only very useful in your own camp. So at level 25, build one and make a camp loadout. I wish I had done it earlier than I did.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Welcome to the neighborhood. Do you have a stash box? For some reason I don't remember seeing one.
I said grab every lead you come across, but that is incomplete advice. For example weights and barbells. these range from 5 to 160 carry weight, but no matter which size it is it gives five lead. So obviously you want to focus on the smaller ones since carrying that 160 pound one doesn't pay off with more yield. Rat poison is probably the best value here, five lead for .5 weight, and even better with Pack Rat.
Yeah, you have to learn plans to build stuff. That'll come. My camp is pretty basic, but I have all the crafting tables, a place to cook food, I like the views, and I just set that vendor up a couple days ago to sell all of these Handmades I've been rolling. I could turn them in to scrip, but decided to see if they might sell. I've actually sold a few already. Thanks players! The fusion generator is way too big. I don't like how it looks in the camp, but it's worth 100 power so there you go. Maybe I can come up with a way to sort of hide it.
Yes, it was nice to see you in the game as well. With double XP you should hit level 15 very soon, and I want to know what you think of these new rifles. They should be a nice bump in combat effectiveness. I put a short scope on the semi-auto so you could use it at all ranges, but there are others you can use if you want more magnification. I had some plans to give you and forgot I think. Did I give you any plans? Next time I see you I'll give you some more stuff.
I got the ultracite power armor. My T-45 set outclasses it by quite a bit, but if I could modify the ultracite in the same manner it would be a lot better. I really like the Vanguard mod for armor. I'll put modifying the new PA on the to do list. But I think I should wait until I get the BoS PA, and then choose between Excavator, Ultracite and BoS. How it looks will be a heavily weighted factor haha. Gotta look good. Wigean as it turns out, has similar fashion sense
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
I've been scrapping combat rifles in order to learn the powerful automatic receiver. But I had scrapped like ten in a row with no plan learned. I thought I had reached a limit or something. Like for the Handmade, I don't think I can learn the night-vision plan, those can only be bought, or so it seems. But I kept scrapping them anyway and finally got it. I only got a Fixer recently as I was waiting for it to drop. But then I found you can kick off the quest chain to get it by reading the sheesquatch poster which can be found at train stations among other places. I wish I had gotten it earlier. It's shooting characteristics are really good. Good damage, fire rate and so on. Actually, virtually a match for the Handmade with the same mods. But maybe even better, it grants +100% sneak speed. And additional stealth in shadows too. The sneak speed though is really good if you're a stealth player. And it only weighs 9.5 with a short barrel and other mods.
Last night I decided to roll a legendary on it. First shot got Exterminator's with extra bash damage. Since I can't build Fixers because I don't know the plan, I had to roll over that disappointing result. So I hit it again and got this
This is the first time I've gotten anti-armor for any weapon. This thing shreds. I also have Tank Killer for 36% armor pen, so it makes sense I think to swap to Stinging magazine. I would guess you cannot have more than 100% armor pen. 50% for the AA effect, 40% for the Perforating mag and 36 for Tank Killer is 126%. So the Stinging magazine would give me an extra five rounds and AP of 106%.
I said I wish I had gotten it earlier, but it's probably best to wait to level 50, if like me, you find the plan hard to come by. I'd only do the Fixer quest before 50 if I had the plan already.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Thank you again DBond. I had some game time yesterday and the weapons you gave me make a big difference, Wow. I only had a short time , I have to use the rifles some more. I liked both. The Handmade automatic was efficient, but ammo is a problem. Likely so also with the Handmade semi-automatic , but the semi is more controlable. I got a mission of killing three wolf packs. Tracking them and firing from some distance with the scope is what I like. I went from level13 to 15 in a very short time.
I will try to get some time later today to learn more.
Again thanks. The weapons you made for me really make s the game even more interesting. Also was awarded some new armour which also was noticeable with regards to damage.
You were right. I had no stash boxes when you visited. That is fixed now.
“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
Let's see if all three of us can meet in the game some time this week., We can do one of the less difficult Events since Wigean is low level right now.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”