|
|
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,415 Likes: 12
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,415 Likes: 12 |
The Sound of Freedom.
Great film but hard to watch at times.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,415 Likes: 12
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,415 Likes: 12 |
I watched it online, didn't know about the shenanigans.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010 Likes: 47
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010 Likes: 47 |
The "types of people"(AMC/media/certain blue folks) don't like the movie because it does not support their child m0l35t4t10n fantasies.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66 |
Spider Man is gay in the 2002 version, as I shouted out loud in the crowded theater to much laughter at the final scene of the film. How dare he reject Mary Jane like that. I hope Tobey Maguire invested his big paychecks from those Spider Man films wisely because his film career mostly went nowhere after that trilogy was over.
Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 07/10/23 03:26 AM.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322 Likes: 19
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322 Likes: 19 |
Air Warriors S11E8 C-47 Skytrain
Don't think the Allies would had won WW2 in Europe against Germany without it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322 Likes: 19
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322 Likes: 19 |
The Food That Built America S04E14 Bring Home The Bacon https://play.history.com/shows/the-food-that-built-america/season-4/episode-14Presliced bacon, lunch meat, hot dogs and sausages, SPAM and other meats. How did humans survive before they were invented for consumers by Oscar Mayer and Hormel.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573 Likes: 11
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573 Likes: 11 |
Spider Man is gay in the 2002 version, as I shouted out loud in the crowded theater to much laughter at the final scene of the film. How dare he reject Mary Jane like that. I hope Tobey Maguire invested his big paychecks from those Spider Man films wisely because his film career mostly went nowhere after that trilogy was over. I thought he wanted her badly. He "turned her down" to "save her life". His future was going to be taking on the bad guys/gals. And, as he learned in this movie, the bad guys/gals would "stop at nothing" to get back at him. Regarding his future as an actor, I thought he definitely did not have the "superhero vib". But, he was well suited to the role he played.
Last edited by Allen; 07/10/23 09:23 AM.
Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 24"P (180hz/1080p) + Samsung 32" Odyssey Neo G7 4K 1000R Curved (165Hz/4K/2160p) + 24"P (180hz/1080p), AMD R9-9950X, 64GB [email protected], GIGABYTE X870E AORUS Master MB, ( 4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~58TB storage, 1300W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, EVGA X20 Mouse, W11 Pro
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66 |
How did humans survive before they were invented for consumers by Oscar Mayer and Hormel.
They had common sense and intelligence....
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66 |
Don't think the Allies would had won WW2 in Europe against Germany without it.
Hyperbole much?
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585
I am just a cowboy Member
|
|
I am just a cowboy Member
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66 |
It's an absolute crime classic right up there with Silence of the Lambs. I'm pretty sure that's the first film I saw with Gwyneth Paltrow and Kevin Spacey.
Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 07/11/23 10:36 AM.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585
I am just a cowboy Member
|
|
I am just a cowboy Member
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585 |
+1
Silence of the lambs is just awesome and i like the shining as well,
They are what i wud call "BOLD" movies for sure.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010 Likes: 47
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010 Likes: 47 |
I took some large risks last weekend and saw a couple (unconventional) movies:
1) "Woodshock" -- Like most arthouse cinema, filmmakers such as these are not afraid to deviate from traditional narrative structure. Gone is the hero's journey, and likewise missing is the typical thriller three act structure. Arthouse is the opposite of genre fiction--instead, the aim of a director is to capture a literary feel to their film. The average filmgoer may be perplexed by such a decision. For those of us whom have seen more movies than we could ever dare to count, this is refreshing. Like static art, the objective of an arthouse film is to simply sit and watch and absorb the scenes. These films take you on a journey, and you are there to experience them from beginning to end, with no expectations of what may occur, when, where and why. The rating on IMDB for this film is abysmal. However, I can assure folks that this was anything but that. I enjoyed this picture, and like that "Lost River," which I saw long ago, am glad I ignored the rating and went with my gut. This was a counter-culture film, and the audacious decision to be both anti-drug and anti-euthanasia clearly was behind many of these bad reviews. There's a left leaning segment of our society that simply cannot accept such brutal honesty. Regardless, I am glad this movie was made, and the journey was interesting enough. *** out of **** stars.
2) "Black '47" -- Being half Irish myself, and living in America, I often take for granted my heritage. Most of us are unaware of much of the horrors that our relatives may have faced from where they came from. Mine ventured to the United States in the 1700s, before the period from which this film was set. This is one of the only movies in existence that dares take place during the Irish potato famine that occurred from 1845 - 1852. Don't be mistaken--this is a revenge movie, plain and simple. However the period depicted was brutal and fairly accurate. My impression of the United Kingdom has tarnished somewhat after viewing. I can see why such movies are not made, as Britain has much to lose if they were to fund or allow a movie next door to their kingdom that portrays the stark horrors the once Empire forced upon their subjects. However, despite this, the complexities of protestants versus Catholics in Ireland still remains somewhat of a mystery. As a whole, this was a #%&*$# good revenge movie, but I add bonus points for daring to show such a terrible time to the world, on film. *** 1/2 out of **** stars.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585
I am just a cowboy Member
|
|
I am just a cowboy Member
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585 |
Keanu reeves best movie. Hes part of american swat team but he likes his vodka... Way better than john wick,,, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rFWEdF2qH8
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322 Likes: 19
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322 Likes: 19 |
Keanu best film is The Matrix
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66 |
Keanu best film is The Matrix I would go along with that. I'll also add that I think his worst performance was on "Dracula". I don't know what Coppola was thinking but Keanu was completely miscast. At least he had the smarts to get Oldman to play Dracula. THAT was a brilliant move.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585
I am just a cowboy Member
|
|
I am just a cowboy Member
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585 |
Yeh
Matrix is a great movie.
Stjll have it on dvd and watch it now and again...
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|