SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 243
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 243
Referring to the recent German made version, that has several Oscar nominations. I guess it is only available on Netflix (which I do not have) so far.

Has anyone seen it? I am very anxious to see it (my German is very good...). I have a copy of what is arguably the best version so far, the one with Lew Ayres (sp?), from the thirties, or so.

Just looking for impressions, responses, and certain to be criticisms...

Thanks!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,021
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,021
Likes: 66
I've not seen it yet but based on a few reviews I've read it seems that this remake upped the "action movie" aspect and downplayed the introspective aspect that made the original film from 1930 such a classic. I guess you can say this remake was changed to appeal to current day audiences.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,633
L
Senior Member
Senior Member
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,633
Seen it, thought it was a good movie.

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
'All Quiet on the Western Front' wins Oscar for best international film https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/a...scar-best-international-film-2023-03-13/

Also wins Oscar for Best Achievement in Cinematography


Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,252 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1