SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
RossUK #4608019 09/08/22 06:09 PM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
I Google Balmoral Castle cos being a bloody Yank, I do not know anything about it.

Get a job there as a servant so you can live there.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/08/inside-balmoral-castle-where-queen-elizabeth-is-under-watch/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balmoral_Castle

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

NoFlyBoy #4608022 09/08/22 06:14 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
I Google Balmoral Castle cos being a bloody Yank, I do not know anything about it.

Get a job there as a servant so you can live there.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/08/inside-balmoral-castle-where-queen-elizabeth-is-under-watch/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balmoral_Castle


Certainly not a castle of sieges, this would not be a prized medieval fortress from which to rule. The entire structure resembles that of a fancy robber baron mansion we find here in the States. Nice looking place, though. I wouldn't call it a castle, however.

RossUK #4608023 09/08/22 06:15 PM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
My Dad just said the same thing, he said the Queen and King are more for tourism. I told Dad that is so disrespectful.

NoFlyBoy #4608024 09/08/22 06:15 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
W
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
I Google Balmoral Castle cos being a bloody Yank, I do not know anything about it.

Get a job there as a servant so you can live there.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/08/inside-balmoral-castle-where-queen-elizabeth-is-under-watch/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balmoral_Castle

Kind of like on Downton Abbey.

Mr_Blastman #4608025 09/08/22 06:19 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
B
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
I Google Balmoral Castle cos being a bloody Yank, I do not know anything about it.

Get a job there as a servant so you can live there.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/08/inside-balmoral-castle-where-queen-elizabeth-is-under-watch/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balmoral_Castle


Certainly not a castle of sieges, this would not be a prized medieval fortress from which to rule. The entire structure resembles that of a fancy robber baron mansion we find here in the States. Nice looking place, though. I wouldn't call it a castle, however.


not all castles were made for siege,some were resorts vacays or even inns for nobles visiting the land on the way to somewhere. And the memes are already poping in brazil
with a picture of charles frowned with the caption, "imagine knowing you will start to work at age of 73"

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 09/08/22 06:20 PM.
WangoTango #4608026 09/08/22 06:19 PM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
Originally Posted by WangoTango
I think the Monarchy will lose a great deal of respect and admiration. Queen Elizabeth II was a very classy and likeable lady.


+1


If you had to have a monarch, you could certainly have had worse, but probably none better than Elizabeth II.

RossUK #4608028 09/08/22 06:23 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
God save the Queen. She maintained her high standards for 70 years, a remarkable run.


In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
Blade_RJ #4608034 09/08/22 06:45 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84




As a young man I never cared for them really. Apart from Diana. The older I got the more respect I got for them, apart from Andrew.

Charles in my opinion will be a stop gap King. William will take over in a decade or so.

No-one will top Elizabeth. I heard a story that's it's been calculated she has technically met over a third of the country with her tours etc. Classy lady, I hope she is with Phillip in peace.

Last edited by oldgrognard; 09/08/22 09:37 PM.
RossUK #4608045 09/08/22 07:25 PM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19

RossUK #4608046 09/08/22 07:25 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
W
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
Even the punk rocker, who sang "God Save The Queen", respected Queen Elizabeth II.

RossUK #4608047 09/08/22 07:30 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
I always liked this one.....


RossUK #4608048 09/08/22 07:38 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
W
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
Funny story RossUK.
All great people have a sense of humour IMO. It's sounds like the Queen did.

RossUK #4608050 09/08/22 07:43 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,159
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,159
Likes: 190
The world will never know another like Her Majesty.

Rest in Peace.

RossUK #4608058 09/08/22 08:26 PM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,039
Likes: 3
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,039
Likes: 3
RIP Ma'am.
We will not see your like again.

It seems that she went relatively quickly at the end & in a place that she loved, surrounded by most of her family - there are worse ways to bow out.




p.s. actually Charles is quite liked/respected by a fair chunk of the population but as monarch he will be held to a different, stricter set of rules with less freedom of personal expression.


"Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"

www.CombatACE.com SF P1/WOV/WOE/First Eagles flunky

abit forums
Blade_RJ #4608060 09/08/22 08:44 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,284
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,284
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ


to the british left on shq do you think charles reign could be the end of monarchy in uk ? no one gives a #%&*$# about him, guy life is not very liked, could this push them to finally get rid of if ?
i will say for myself.....have a king doesnt have the same ring as having a ruler queen for so long,almost sound diminutive now. also if the kings die all we get now are consorts ?


No, he won't see the end of the Monarchy in the UK. It might accelerate some commonwealth countries choosing a new, internal, head of state though.

RossUK #4608064 09/08/22 08:57 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 750
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 750
When I joined the military all those years ago I swore an allegiance to the Queen. When I joined the police I did the same. Sat here quite emotional, which is odd as I never met her and normally fairly blase about such things. RIP Boss.

RossUK #4608065 09/08/22 08:58 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
W
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
[Linked Image]

archermav #4608067 09/08/22 09:09 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
Originally Posted by archermav
When I joined the military all those years ago I swore an allegiance to the Queen. When I joined the police I did the same. Sat here quite emotional, which is odd as I never met her and normally fairly blase about such things. RIP Boss.


Get you totally. You've given service to her. As a 20 year copper I respect your service. She would too.

RossUK #4608069 09/08/22 09:11 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 19,381
newbie
Veteran
newbie
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 19,381
Never thoight i would see the Day Charlie would be King. God save the Queen.


My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships


RossUK #4608071 09/08/22 09:22 PM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,825
Likes: 13
T
Hotshot
Hotshot
T Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,825
Likes: 13
Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II.
Rest in Peace.


Intel i7-14700K, 32 GB DDR 5, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, AMD Radeon RX 9070 XT 16 GB
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,079,217 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1