SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 97 of 122 1 2 … 95 96 97 98 99 … 121 122
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Talked it over with Mrs. and she agrees that our stay-at-home concert dates have been so much fun that we're going to spend some $ acquiring a more serious collection of DVD/Blu-rays.

Starting right here...
Police: Synchronicity Concert

...as well as replacing some VHS tapes...
Van Halen: Live without a Net

Already have all things Rush, a Journey and ZZ Top concert and a few others. Would like to expand with artists like SRV and more MTV Unplugged.

++++++++++

Meanwhile, I'm unboxing and dusting off tapes I haven't watched in decades while hooking up a VHS player in the living room until I replace those with DVDs (at the best price I can find)...

Van Halen (1986 Live Without a Net ) - There's Only One Way to Rock


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kii3lt-3Jg


Van Halen - Summer Nights (OFFICIAL VIDEO)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coDVcuVoINU

++++++++++

On the one hand I'm sad that we're all but retiring from the live music scene (Molly Ringwalds have so few dates these days and not much else in town anymore) but aging happens (to the listeners and performers). But man it was fun while it lasted, as posted in many threads on this board. Glad we did it.



The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
W
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by MarkG
Talked it over with Mrs. and she agrees that our stay-at-home concert dates have been so much fun that we're going to spend some $ acquiring a more serious collection of DVD/Blu-rays.

Starting right here...
Police: Synchronicity Concert

...as well as replacing some VHS tapes...
Van Halen: Live without a Net

Already have all things Rush, a Journey and ZZ Top concert and a few others. Would like to expand with artists like SRV and more MTV Unplugged.

++++++++++

Meanwhile, I'm unboxing and dusting off tapes I haven't watched in decades while hooking up a VHS player in the living room until I replace those with DVDs (at the best price I can find)...

Van Halen (1986 Live Without a Net ) - There's Only One Way to Rock


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kii3lt-3Jg


Van Halen - Summer Nights (OFFICIAL VIDEO)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coDVcuVoINU

++++++++++

On the one hand I'm sad that we're all but retiring from the live music scene (Molly Ringwalds have so few dates these days and not much else in town anymore) but aging happens (to the listeners and performers). But man it was fun while it lasted, as posted in many threads on this board. Glad we did it.

I wore out my VHS copy of Live Without A Net. I saw the 5150 tour. There's Only One way To Rock was a great opening song. That was a great band, having a good time, and it showed.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by WangoTango
I wore out my VHS copy of Live Without A Net. I saw the 5150 tour. There's Only One way To Rock was a great opening song. That was a great band, having a good time, and it showed.


Oh man, lucky you! I saw only the Balance tour, but glad I got to see them at least once. I wish there was a DLR VH full concert DVD but I'm still looking (1984 would be great, album released right before wife and I started dating so it was THE new album to listen to, followed by Purple Rain a few months later).



The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
W
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
Saw them 4 times, all with Sammy. 5150, f.u.c.k. twice and Balance.
The 2007 reunion with DLR just made me sad. Dave was a shadow of his former glory. I watched YouTube videos and decided not to go.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
From 1938 (skipping 40's to mid-50's) to 2018.

My recognition starts getting spotty in the late-90's and drops completely at #60+ except for #61 and #64...

TOP 80 GREATEST GUITAR INTROS


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le9v4F7NXEI

Last edited by MarkG; 08/22/22 11:10 PM. Reason: correction


The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,525
Likes: 2
L
Hotshot
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,525
Likes: 2
That's what I imagine it sounds like working in a Guitar Center store. lol. Lots of intro's to songs.

This guy is funny.


Last edited by LB4LB; 08/22/22 11:35 PM.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
^Lol.

Liked his RHCP intro and recognized the Oasis song from also being in my video above yours.



The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
LB4LB, from reading the YT comments, I think the guy I posted above gets kudos for playing 80 intros in one take. I do like how it chronologically shows the evolution of Rock.

Which had me thinking, I am at the perfect musical age. I'm young enough to have enjoyed and appreciated early-mid-90's Grunge/Alternative, but old enough to recognize just how beyond awesome 70's music was (Rock and R&B)!

And right in the middle is the partying 80's with a fun factor right off the freaking scale!

Van Halen - Panama (Official Music Video)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuKDBPw8wQA

Plus The Fixx, Metallica, Prince, etc. etc, etc. and a bajillion 1/2/3-hit wonders, and so on...

Musically we hit it lucky, I tell ya. And all before the internet and cell phones.



The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,525
Likes: 2
L
Hotshot
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,525
Likes: 2
No doubt, the dude can play. I especially like that he is a Fender Strat and Tele guy. Those were my choices back when I was a hack guitar player in a band that played the occasional party. Besides, he played the intro to Hendrix's Little Wing. I have always loved that song. It always makes me think of my wife.
He played the intro to Oasis's Wonderwall. That is now right up there with songs like Smoke on the Water and Stairway to Heaven, which are forbidden to play at guitar store.



And yes, I do think guys are age, I'm 57, grew up during the best time for music in America. We had the classics from the 60's and 70's all the while great stuff in the 80's and early 90's was coming out. I can't tell you happy it makes me when I see younger people discover this music and fall in love with it too.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by LB4LB
He played the intro to Oasis's Wonderwall. That is now right up there with songs like Smoke on the Water and Stairway to Heaven, which are forbidden to play at guitar store.


Also "Dust in the Wind"? Gotta put Wayne's World in the movie queue.

++++++++++

I hope one day to find a small outdoor venue similar to your cousin's gigs that you've posted here. That would be perfect!

Our favorite venue (Varsity at LSU...where I took those up-close Fixx pics) is dead...
https://varsitytheatre.com/upcoming-events/

...and I don't see anything locally on the horizon that I'm interested in.

Besides, we try to stay out of Baton Rouge as much as possible these days (to everyone, please no PWEC commentary...it is what it is)...

==========
These are the 10 cities in America with the highest murder rates per capita:

1. St. Louis, MO
2. New Orleans, LA
3. Detroit, MI
4. Baton Rouge, LA
5. ...

https://www.roadsnacks.net/murder-capitals-of-america/
==========

sigh



The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
<DIE DIE DIE red ants and weeds (although they tore me up with brutal revenge)!!!>

++++++++++

I'm in a weird mood today, and I don't know how that's going to translate to date night (and I need a break from concerts and movies)...

Joe Walsh - Confessor


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quVERH404pA


Billy Thorpe - Children Of The Sun (Exclusive Video)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR2oct3zeTM


EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - TAKE A PEBBLE ( album version) HQ sound


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVz35uXqFYw


Echoes - Pink Floyd


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuBqE9xGtiQ

++++++++++

Meh...I'll figure something out...

"I'm not gonna lie to you. It's gonna get weird." Lol! biggrin

STARSKY AND HUTCH DRAGON SCENE


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSXx6MIpB4M



The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Oops...I forgot this bit of weird awesomeness...

Rush - The Necromancer Music Video (With Lord of the Rings Footage)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXbAS_HJugg



The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Friday evening I was racking my brains trying to come up with an original date night idea, and was about to give up and just go with the regular concert or movie. Women love it when you use some imagination and get creative, even if you both know that all you really want to do is poke her. Wait an minute, THAT'S IT!... biggrin

[Linked Image]

Frantic pace to set things up (mainly finding my poker box in the attic and creating a mostly Country-based playlist...kitchen already in a country style). No time to run out for Jack and Coke, but after a couple of wet weekends in a row (although very moderate), it's time for some dry ones. It was fun teaching her how to play (and a good refresher for me).

Kenny Rogers - The Gambler


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hx4gdlfamo


The Jack [AC/DC]


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq_GSIw0X0w

++++++++++

Next up...board games? I found a like-new Risk + Castle Risk at my local Goodwill. Classical playlist for this one, I think. What would Napoleon listen to?
Attachments
Poker.jpg



The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585
P
I am just a cowboy
Member
I am just a cowboy
Member
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585

Last edited by Phoenix54C; 08/30/22 11:56 PM.
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
W
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
Teenage Head, Canadian punk rock.


Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585
P
I am just a cowboy
Member
I am just a cowboy
Member
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585
Originally Posted by MarkG
Friday evening I was racking my brains trying to come up with an original date night idea, and was about to give up and just go with the regular concert or movie. Women love it when you use some imagination and get creative, even if you both know that all you really want to do is poke her. Wait an minute, THAT'S IT!... biggrin

[Linked Image]

Frantic pace to set things up (mainly finding my poker box in the attic and creating a mostly Country-based playlist...kitchen already in a country style). No time to run out for Jack and Coke, but after a couple of wet weekends in a row (although very moderate), it's time for some dry ones. It was fun teaching her how to play (and a good refresher for me).

Kenny Rogers - The Gambler


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hx4gdlfamo


The Jack [AC/DC]


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq_GSIw0X0w

++++++++++

Next up...board games? I found a like-new Risk + Castle Risk at my local Goodwill. Classical playlist for this one, I think. What would Napoleon listen to?



You rock...

At least you speak your mind...

Just make sure that she dont check your posts lol

Or your dinner will will go to the Dog.lol...

Know you from frugals but u gat a diff call sign now.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Phoenix54C

You rock...

At least you speak your mind...

Just make sure that she dont check your posts lol

Or your dinner will will go to the Dog.lol...

Know you from frugals but u gat a diff call sign now.


Lol. I think I posted under MGonzales on FW, but I was much more of a lurker than poster there.

Wife normally just rolls her eyes at my nonsense, but any woman who gives permission to post your refrigerator door weight race has a high tolerance for tomfoolery... biggrin

[Linked Image]

I'm 5'-9" with a medium build so I need to be close to the bottom and my little blue arrow magnet is going in the wrong direction again (what happens when I don't listen to my inner Gunny)... eek2

"Weird Al" Yankovic - Fat (Official Music Video)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2mU6USTBRE

...and two other Weird Al favorites...

"Weird" Al Yankovic - Amish Paradise (Official Parody of "Gangsta's Paradise")


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg


"Weird Al" Yankovic - White & Nerdy (Official Music Video)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw
Attachments
DSCF0051.JPG



The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
^ Why would the official "Fat" video...

==========
#WeirdAlYankovic #Fat #Vevo
"Weird Al" Yankovic - Fat (Official Music Video)
71,559,089 views Jul 27, 2010
==========

...not be link playable when the other Weird Al videos are? I hate YT sometimes. frown



The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585
P
I am just a cowboy
Member
I am just a cowboy
Member
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585
Wife normally just rolls her eyes at my nonsense, but any woman who gives permission to post your refrigerator door weight race has a high tolerance for tomfoolery... biggrin

LOL.

Good for you ...

My Frubles are all yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omfz62qu_Bc&list=RDMMlOfZLb33uCg&index=12

Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,525
Likes: 2
L
Hotshot
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,525
Likes: 2
Found this cool tune on You Tube. They are from Denmark. Cool video too. Good mellow headphone song.


Page 97 of 122 1 2 … 95 96 97 98 99 … 121 122

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,551 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1