SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 301 of 442 1 2 … 299 300 301 302 303 … 441 442
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
I know Kurosawa’s non-Samurai films don’t get nearly as much attention but two that I highly recommend are “Ikiru” and “High and Low”.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
Ikiru I did see awhile back. That's the only non samurai film of his I've seen.
While good, it was a bleaker subject matter that I'm not in a hurry to rewatch soon.

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573
Likes: 11
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573
Likes: 11
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Ultimate Edition (2016). 3 hour extended version.

Probably the best movie (to me) I've ever seen. That's a visceral review. Just enjoyed it as it unfolded without intellectual analysis.

Before viewing, I had no idea what it was about, how it might end, etc. -- that probably mattered.


Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 24"P (180hz/1080p) + Samsung 32" Odyssey Neo G7 4K 1000R Curved (165Hz/4K/2160p) + 24"P (180hz/1080p), AMD R9-9950X, 64GB [email protected], GIGABYTE X870E AORUS Master MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~58TB storage, 1300W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, EVGA X20 Mouse, W11 Pro
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
Started «Ozark» with the wife. Three episodes in, we’re liking it so far.

Saw Top Gun 2 today. It was freaking awesome, that’s all I have to say about that.


In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
Ozark just keeps getting better and better so enjoy the ride.

And TG2, what a film. I actually think over time I'll prefer it to the original.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
Originally Posted by RossUK

And TG2, what a film. I actually think over time I'll prefer it to the original.


Yep. First movie in ages that I’ll go and see again in the theatre. It was made with a lot of love and care for the original movie, it is clear that Tom Cruise didn’t just do it as a cash grab.


In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Watched episode 3 of this tonight. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15017118/ Found it on AMC. The producer of Jack Ryan made this.



It's excellent. 100% on Rotten Tomatoes:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/dark_winds/s01

Now I need episodes 1 and 2.

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
W
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
Just caught up with Better Call Saul. Season six (part 1, 7 episodes) the final 6start July 11th.
Quite the cliffhanger.

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
Originally Posted by WangoTango
Just caught up with Better Call Saul. Season six (part 1, 7 episodes) the final 6start July 11th.
Quite the cliffhanger.


It is incredible isn't it. Cannot wait for the finale. I fear for Kim.

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
W
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by RossUK
Originally Posted by WangoTango
Just caught up with Better Call Saul. Season six (part 1, 7 episodes) the final 6start July 11th.
Quite the cliffhanger.


It is incredible isn't it. Cannot wait for the finale. I fear for Kim.

I fear for Kim as well. She is such a great character (actress). But we both know she is not with Saul in Breaking Bad.
The end of episode 7 was shocking. I did not see that coming.

I don't know what to watch right now. I am open to suggestions. We have Netflix, Amazon Prime (with Acorn & Brit Box), Disney + and Crave.

Not a Sci-Fi or Fantasy guy. I prefer drama's. I'm thinking maybe Ozark, it seems to be popular.

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
Definitely recommend Ozark. You'll be hooked. Especially if you like Breaking Bad and BCS.

Also recommend Candy. Not sure if you get it on your channels but if you do give it a chance.

I'm biased but if you can tolerate British humour then Breeders is insanely good.

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
W
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by RossUK
Definitely recommend Ozark. You'll be hooked. Especially if you like Breaking Bad and BCS.

Also recommend Candy. Not sure if you get it on your channels but if you do give it a chance.

I'm biased but if you can tolerate British humour then Breeders is insanely good.




Candy is not available to stream for me. Disney + has Breeders though. I like British Humour. I found Fleabag and Cuckoo to be very funny.
Thanks for the recommendations.

Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,525
Likes: 2
L
Hotshot
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,525
Likes: 2
I don't know if it has been mentioned before in this thread, but I highly recommend Peaky Blinders. I just got done binge watching it. What a masterpiece. I love that era being so vividly portrayed. The whole thing just blew me away, and I'm not a big movie, series watching guy.

Last edited by LB4LB; 06/27/22 07:57 PM.
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Originally Posted by LB4LB
I don't know if it has been mentioned before in this thread, but I highly recommend Peaky Blinders. I just got done binge watching it. What a masterpiece. I love that era being so vividly portrayed. The whole thing just blew me away, and I'm not a big movie, series watching guy.


Yep, badass show. I rated it I think 3.9 stars out of 4 when I finished the show a month or two ago. An unheard of rating as I either rate 3.75 or 4, but it fits right in there perfectly.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 06/27/22 08:20 PM.
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
W
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by LB4LB
I don't know if it has been mentioned before in this thread, but I highly recommend Peaky Blinders. I just got done binge watching it. What a masterpiece. I love that era being so vividly portrayed. The whole thing just blew me away, and I'm not a big movie, series watching guy.

Just recently watched the final season. Waited 2 years for it. Excellent show. In my top 5 or close to it.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
Peaky Blinders is on my list as well.

Might have to watch Justified again. The perfect show, in my opinion. Timothy Olyphant is über-cool as Raylan Givens, but Walton Goggins as Boyd Crowder steals every scene he’s in!


In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
Just about to start Justified tonight - watched one episode years ago and wasn't sure - worth a retry.

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
Originally Posted by semmern
Peaky Blinders is on my list as well.

Might have to watch Justified again. The perfect show, in my opinion. Timothy Olyphant is über-cool as Raylan Givens, but Walton Goggins as Boyd Crowder steals every scene he’s in!


I love WG in The Shield.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
B
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
i cant even remember the last series i actually watched, its been more than a decade ago......unless you count mini series then it would be moon knight but i always been a fan of the character and i consider marvel miniseries as long movies.
maybe rome ? or the pacific when it was on hbo.

im interested in stranger things but i will only watch when its all over.......i really hate,to be continueds show.....worked for xfiles so i have no problem with waiting.

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Orville lady commander has pretty curb appeal.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]


Why the crew address her as Sir and not as M'am?

Page 301 of 442 1 2 … 299 300 301 302 303 … 441 442

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,155 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1