Sometimes I check out some cover versions of well-known songs, preferably not copy'n paste covers but making their own thing out of it. Currently this version of Eye of the tiger is used in some comercials over here: Jenn Grant
Looking for that one led me to this band: Walk off the Earth This is their version:
Further checking some more of their videos, that was one of their more conventional videos, they can get fairly creative in their choice of instruments or how they play them... NFL playoffs halftime show - probably not a totally unknown band.
What really gets me are the songs that you thought were original from a particular artist but then it turns out it was a cover.
The most recent one to shock me was "House of the Rising Sun". Everyone knows the famous song by The Animals but they didn't write it! It was a cover of a 1930's Blues song.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Guy at the club sang this in his set on Wednesday night. The Covid Nazis running the country have banned dancing (!!!) but a lot of us were sorely tempted to get on the floor and feck it, when this came on.
I first heard their music on the radio at the far end of the radio spectrum like 88.8 . . .I was'nt even in HS yet., but yes I liked Joy Division! I'm still finding songs from that era that I liked but did'nt know the name of (credit youtube). That era left a mark on me that still lasts.