SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#458652 01/06/03 04:12 PM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,463
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,463
I was testing the "new" trim function and it behaves a little odd on my system, especially the elevator trim.
Foremost it works very precice and smooth. Then one or some seconds after I have it settled, it react as if it is suddently overdone and the plane starts i.e. a steep climb?
Also, the rudder trim is way to sensitive imo. I have to trim it to the farest position to counter the torque in any aircraft (I'm on realistic setting at the moment).
Which plane should have working aileron trim in BoB? I've found none. I know that the Me109 for example has only elevator trim...

Woulnd't it be the best to be able to assign a joystick axis on the control page for trim?


Back for simming after 6 years...
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#458653 01/06/03 09:09 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 850
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 850
Now I'm very glad you've brought this up, Saimon!

I've been trying to stop my aircraft rolling to the left when I take my hand off the joystick, but none of the keys seem to work. I take it that it is the Rudder which should adjusted, but Rudder Trim Left or Right?

It is really academic for me, because, as I have said, none of the keys seem to work.

I am using BDG 090.

------------------
Wizard prang!
Biggles


Biggles

#458654 01/06/03 09:19 PM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,463
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,463
depends on your setting in the controls section. If you have it at sim, then the plane tends to roll to the right wich is not correct. In this case you have to apply rudder to the opposite side, thus to the left.
If you have your joystick setting at realistic then the plane rolls to the left which you have to counter with right rudder or aileron trim if available.


Back for simming after 6 years...
#458655 01/07/03 12:08 AM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
We discussed this some time ago in the pub at the bdg-site... aileron-trim should be fixed for 095, I�ve never heard about problems with non-existant rudder trim (yet )


Mr. Zorg: If ya want something done...do it yourself!!
#458656 01/07/03 08:41 AM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,463
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,463
Quote:
Originally posted by Retro:
I�ve never heard about problems with non-existant rudder trim (yet )


???

Hm, at least in the british planes, the rudder trim wheel is turning.
Or is it that my BoB keycard has something mixed up?


Back for simming after 6 years...
#458657 01/07/03 10:15 AM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 2,722
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 2,722
SaimOn !
The lack of a rudder trim on the 109 is well known. English Test Pilot Eric Brown complained about the lack of it, in his book.
Happy Landings
Benny

#458658 01/07/03 10:51 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 850
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 850
OK Gentleman, so have I got this right?

I can't stop the roll to left until vers 095. When I have it, I adjust the Aileron Trim.

But up or down?



BTW I'm talking about Spitfire/Hurricane.


[This message has been edited by Borton (edited 01-07-2003).]


Biggles

#458659 01/07/03 11:35 AM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,463
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,463
Quote:
Originally posted by BennyTJorgensen:
SaimOn !
The lack of a rudder trim on the 109 is well known. English Test Pilot Eric Brown complained about the lack of it, in his book.
Happy Landings
Benny


as I had stated already in my first post

>>I know that the Me109 for example has only elevator trim...<<

P.S. He, he, I've just ordered Eric Browns Book a few minutes ago...


Back for simming after 6 years...
#458660 01/07/03 12:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aha someone else who thinks elavator trim doesn't behave like it should. BoB elevator trim bears no resemblance to using elevator trim in a real plane in my opinion, based on my own personal experience. I have mentioned this several times in previous threads.

Hengist.

Hengist's MiG Alley Site

#458661 01/07/03 12:17 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 9,189
O
Hotshot
Hotshot
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 9,189
Borton, I can stop the roll in the Spitfire, using the joystick.

SaimOn, did you check your mail account ?

#458662 01/07/03 01:38 PM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,463
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,463
Quote:
Originally posted by Osram:
Borton, I can stop the roll in the Spitfire, using the joystick.

SaimOn, did you check your mail account ?


Sure
You will get a first report soon...


Back for simming after 6 years...
#458663 01/07/03 02:01 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 2,722
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 2,722
SaimOn !
Be sure to get both Eric Brown's book's : "Wings of the Luftwaffe" and "Duels in the Sky", they are invaluable on this subject.
Happy Landings
Benny

#458664 01/07/03 02:07 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 2,722
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 2,722
Osram !
Are there any difference on how the trim work's on FFB and non-FFB joystick's ???
I'm reasonably happy with the working's of the elevator trim.
Happy Landings
Benny
PS I'm using a CH FighterStick with the elevator trim programmed onto the toggle-switch.933

#458665 01/07/03 02:25 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 9,189
O
Hotshot
Hotshot
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 9,189
Quote:

Are there any difference on how the trim work's on FFB and non-FFB joystick's ???


I do not think so.


Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,298 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1