|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
Saturday 16th October. I am logging in shortly to test the set-up on my new HDD after applying the update posted yesterday. Then I will be back later for the games 
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
That was a great session testing the new scripts that were made for Carrier Air War. The battles were really enjoyable. More fun tomorrow 
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
Logged in with my set-up from yesterday patched with today's download. Check our PM thread for the link   Jel
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
I will be there after my siesta  As per the PM yesterday I will be using the new "UAW160 21Oct2021", but there may be a new little patch with some modified "EAW_RRD.dat" files which have additional convoys. Edit: There is a patch here: Updated railway file for Carrier Air War 23rd October 2021 Run the downloaded "CAW23Oct.exe" in your "UAW160 21Oct2021" folder. It is very small and will download almost instantaneously  Running it will replace the the "EAW_TTD.dat" file in the "CAW" folder and add a "TList02.mpf" file and a "TList03.mpf" file to that folder. These file contain the data for the convoys that run on the new railway lines that have been added to the "EAW_TTD.dat" file. They are sea convoys running on invisible railway lines, and targets for mixed interdictions.
Last edited by MrJelly; 10/23/21 01:38 PM. Reason: Download link added.
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
OK- siesta over, and game on 
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144 |
Grabbing the patch and some coffee and will be on shortly! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
Game on at 6 pm local time. Check the PM for a link to a new theatre that I uploaded a few minutes ago 
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
Logging in right now 
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
Gee it is Saturday again. I will be logging in later this afternoon 
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
As suggested after last night's games I have made a plane-set with the MB3 in three slots. The download is here: Additional MB3s Run the downloaded "MB3.exe" in your "UAW160 21Oct2021" folder. Let it overwrite existing files. There will be a new plane-set in the "PlaneSets" folder named "SPAW MB3" For the curious there is a problem in multiplayer. Each AI slot comes with a certain number of additional AIs. When players re-spawn they get one of them, but when no more are left they are out of the game. If I host and select an MB3 with 4 additional AIs the other players avoid taking an MB3. If one does the 4 AIs are shared, and it is easy to run out and leave the game. With the MB3 in three slots that would enable three players to take one, each with 4 AIs. As you can see they are numbered (0) (1) and (2) to avoid two people choosing the same one  ![[Linked Image]](http://mogggy.org/Jelly/GameRanger/PlaneList.png) This is an experiment that we will test later today 
Last edited by MrJelly; 10/31/21 10:44 AM. Reason: Picture added
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
Daylight saving has ended_ time for more games  Locally it is 6 pm and I will log on at 6 pm, and start with a test of the MB3 plane-set 
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
Sunday 7th November I will log on at 6 pm locally again 
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144 |
I should be on Game Ranger in about 30-40min if anyone wants to do a few sorties. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
Last edited by MrJelly; 11/20/21 05:11 PM.
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
I have replaced the Darwin Beta download after addressing some problems we found yesterday. The same link had been used. If you have installed the previous version then trash the Darwin folder before you run the new "Darwin_Beta.exe". I'll be at GR later this afternoon 
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
Trash your Darwin folder and download the new version with extra targets and good bump tiles. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WjLtAngDOt0QEIqayYAZAPmR04sHK81A/view?usp=sharingI will be making a few more scripts for the new "Darwin Nov 24th" script folder, but there are nine in there already  Jel
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
Friday morning 26th Nov I have just replaced the "Darwin24Nov2021.exe" file referenced in the previous post. The tilemap and a few tiles have been changed, and the unused tiles have been deleted. So once again trash your Darwin folder, download the new "Darwin24Nov2021.exe" and install it 
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
Checking some bases yesterday I found that what seemed to be a continuous land mass was in fact a chain of little islands, and that a few bases and targets were in the sea. So I moved them onto land. Hence, a patch is needed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MmA4PvfRnhBsLLTjud93AqXA_6ZKg3BB/view?usp=sharingwhen you run the "Nov27patch.exe" let it overwrite existing files. Other issues arose too. When I made some ground started intercept scripts I found that the Ju88A and He111 in the default plane set needed a long take-off run. By the time I got to the target area they had disappeared as a result of crashes. Running the same mission but with SPAW plane-set the Betties made it OK. So I tried some of Ray's plane-sets which had the Ju88-A and He111s. Some gave a CTD because of a missing file. I had the long texture mapping files loaded as "TextMap1.str" and "TextMap2.str" in the "EAWTM2" folder. Changing to the short versions fixed the CTD, and this time the German bombers made it to the target area safely. That is why a modified "EAWTM2" folder is included in the patch.  Jel
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
Another addition: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dowOeNPmlsii7weXZU1eJEGotbdpydmS/view?usp=sharingI have upgraded the quick mission maker program to cope with theatres of different sizes, and the Darwin SF1 theatre which uses different tiles. There is a checkbox which you tick if you are making a mission for the Darwin SF1 theatre: ![[Linked Image]](http://mogggy.org/Jelly/Darwin/QMM.png) Testing it I made more missions for the Darwin SF1 theatre, so I have included an update to the "MPData160" folder too.
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|