SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 21 1 2 … 10 11 12 13 14 … 20 21
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
That was a really interesting session
Looking forward to the next one smile


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Switching drives and logging in at GR wink

First mission completed smile

A ground started intercept of B-24s

The map screen indicates the time between take off and clear visual contact:

Take-off at 11.43:
[Linked Image]

Attack run started at 11.49- six minutes in real time:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by MrJelly; 07/10/21 04:10 PM.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Here we go again smile

Theatre: Palestine(Old Map or MPOnly exe) PS: Mediterranean Late


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
A bit last minute I realize but I am on GR right now. I believe I'll be available tomorrow as well.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Switching drives I will be there soon


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Sunday game on wink


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
Eating lunch now and then I'll join! smile

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Saturday afternoon, and siesta time for me. However, when I am back at the desk I will log in wink

OK here we go again smile
Logged in Running a test with my "eaw.ini" set with ExtraSquads=17.

Theatre: Spain Multiplayer
PS: EAW default




Last edited by MrJelly; 07/31/21 03:34 PM.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
Wish I could join today. /Maybe/ tomorrow but might also be busy. Next weekend is not good either but then I think I might start having time on the weekend more consistently again.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
We just finished- hoping to see you tomorrow, but if not "à la prochaine" smile


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Just about to head over to GameRanger.
There is a download available of the exes I would like to test there.

New UAW160 exes August 1st 2021

Run the downloaded file in your UAW160 folder. I will use the MP only version (1st August1st 2021MP.exe).

wink Jel


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Logged in at GR but I may be away from the PC at various times smile


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Hopefully I will be able to fly later today smile

I have made a new exe so here is the download link:

21st August 2021 EXES
A new feature has been added to the August 1st version which you may find trivial, but I like it smile

If you select an enemy plane to target you will get the type and the range and a little target box.
Each of these three can be toggled on/off with a double keypress set in the ini file. In my case:

TARGET BOX DISPLAY ON/OFF=ALT O
TARGET ID DISPLAY ON/OFF=SHIFT UP
TARGET RANGE DISPLAY ON/OFF=SHIFT DOWN

The original EAW had the two cockpit types, and F8 could be used to toggle between them.
As most modders only made the 'pit files for new skins they rarely bothered to supply the files for both types, and the version that could put bullet holes and oil splashes became redundant. It cannot be displayed in later versions of the exe.

So I have used F8 in a hard coded routine that toggles the target box, plane ID and range display "on" or "off".

When they are displayed and you head after a particular target plane I find that the red text gets in the way when you are closing in to shoot. It becomes a real nuisance if you are trying to aim at a particular point such as an engine.
You can now can turn all three off with F8.
If you stall or spin and the plane goes off-screen, so that you lose it you can turn the red text on again when you recover, and find the plane. It will be the same one, unless something has happened to it.

The F8 key is not set in the eaw.ini file, so you cannot opt for a different key.
The display of the target box, plane ID and range is set to "on" by default.


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Game on wink


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
Hope you guys have some fun games! Wish I could join today.
This coming Saturday is looking promising currently. Hopefully see ya then!

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Look forward to it . Two good games so far today smile


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
I am logged in at GR smile


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
Gotta scrape some lunch together and then I'll be there! smile

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Results of the first mission today:
[Linked Image]

It was in an area of Moggy's IRAQ that we have not flown in before wink


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 7,496
Likes: 9
EAW Old Timer and Bodger
Hotshot
EAW Old Timer and Bodger
Hotshot
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 7,496
Likes: 9
Oh yes, down near Shaiba Basra and Kuwait.

Page 12 of 21 1 2 … 10 11 12 13 14 … 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,279 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1