SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 37 1 2 … 20 21 22 23 24 … 36 37
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Is the world as alive and interesting as Kingdom Come Deliverance?

I have 130 hours in KKD and still haven't willed myself to beat the main quest. So wonderful. I know I need to uninstall to free up space for other games, but I don't want to.


Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 01/21/21 04:37 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,030
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,030
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Is the world as alive and interesting as Kingdom Come Deliverance?





Never played KCD but I'm pretty satisfied with the open world of Night City. There are some odd AI-controlled auto traffic issues that I see from time to time but Night City itself is very immersive and there is a LOT of detail to explore.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Visually at least, the Cyberpunk world is easily the most impressive I've ever experienced, it's just too bad it isn't more interactive and responsive to the player.

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
Visually at least, the Cyberpunk world is easily the most impressive I've ever experienced, it's just too bad it isn't more interactive and responsive to the player.


From the screenshots I've seen, Cyberpunk looks equivalent to Star Citizen, graphically.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,030
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,030
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
Visually at least, the Cyberpunk world is easily the most impressive I've ever experienced, it's just too bad it isn't more interactive and responsive to the player.


From the screenshots I've seen, Cyberpunk looks equivalent to Star Citizen, graphically.



I've not played Star Citizen but the graphics are definitely top rate and indicative of an A++ big budget title. It looks even better than Doom Eternal or Jedi: Fallen Order.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman


From the screenshots I've seen, Cyberpunk looks equivalent to Star Citizen, graphically.


Cyberpunk might have a slight edge graphically, but where it shines is in its very detailed and plausible depiction of a busy city.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
I liked Night City, it's really cool. But having played through, I still prefer Los Santos. Purely subjective, but Los Santos gives me a better city vibe.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
Star Citizen currently blows Cyberpunk 2077 out of the water in terms of graphics and little details everywhere. Cyberpunk is still an actual completed game though, so it wins there.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,030
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,030
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by wormfood
Cyberpunk is still an actual completed game though, so it wins there.



And I would make an educated guess and say that about one quarter of the money spent on Star Citizen was spent on making Cyberpunk. biggrin


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
DBond #4553105 01/21/21 06:53 PM
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Originally Posted by DBond
I liked Night City, it's really cool. But having played through, I still prefer Los Santos. Purely subjective, but Los Santos gives me a better city vibe.


Night City feels more grungy and lived in.

It actually reminds me of my first few visits to Montreal, which is definitely an urban experience.

The only thing I think they could have done better is give it more of a noir feel.

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573
Likes: 11
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573
Likes: 11
Quote
Cyberpunk 2077 Is the Biggest Digital Launch Ever; Refunds Didn’t Substantially Affect Aggregate Sales, Says SuperData

according to SuperData, it was the biggest digital launch of all time and the game's extended refunds didn't substantially affect aggregate sales.

Cyberpunk 2077 had the biggest game launch of all time based on digital revenue and digital units sold (10.2M)*. A successful marketing campaign and the reputation of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt provided the hype necessary for the CD Projekt Red title to break records despite issues including performance problems on consoles, widespread glitches and the indefinite removal of the game from the PlayStation Store. An extremely high share of digital sales (80%) were on PC, likely due to the delisting on PlayStation and overall state of the console versions.

These estimates do include digital copies that have been refunded, but our data shows that refunds did not substantially affect the game's aggregate sales.


Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 24"P (180hz/1080p) + Samsung 32" Odyssey Neo G7 4K 1000R Curved (165Hz/4K/2160p) + 24"P (180hz/1080p), AMD R9-9950X, 64GB [email protected], GIGABYTE X870E AORUS Master MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~58TB storage, 1300W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, EVGA X20 Mouse, W11 Pro
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
B
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Is the world as alive and interesting as Kingdom Come Deliverance?

I have 130 hours in KKD and still haven't willed myself to beat the main quest. So wonderful. I know I need to uninstall to free up space for other games, but I don't want to.


not at all, its archeture is pretty, and that is all.

Allen #4553323 01/23/21 02:31 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
B
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by Allen
Quote
Cyberpunk 2077 Is the Biggest Digital Launch Ever; Refunds Didn’t Substantially Affect Aggregate Sales, Says SuperData

according to SuperData, it was the biggest digital launch of all time and the game's extended refunds didn't substantially affect aggregate sales.

Cyberpunk 2077 had the biggest game launch of all time based on digital revenue and digital units sold (10.2M)*. A successful marketing campaign and the reputation of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt provided the hype necessary for the CD Projekt Red title to break records despite issues including performance problems on consoles, widespread glitches and the indefinite removal of the game from the PlayStation Store. An extremely high share of digital sales (80%) were on PC, likely due to the delisting on PlayStation and overall state of the console versions.

These estimates do include digital copies that have been refunded, but our data shows that refunds did not substantially affect the game's aggregate sales.



obviously, refunds only happend on last gen, and the majority of sales were on pc and steam were you couldnt refund in due time to realize this game is apiece of #%&*$#. otherwise the story would be another......steam also wants their 30 cut of a pie so they are not going easy on refunds either, even the courtesy first refund doesnt work

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Is the world as alive and interesting as Kingdom Come Deliverance?

I have 130 hours in KKD and still haven't willed myself to beat the main quest. So wonderful. I know I need to uninstall to free up space for other games, but I don't want to.




I loved that game too. I finished it, got about 140 hours out of it (same as Cyberpunk). One of the best game worlds around. It feels so authentic. I remember writing in a KCD thread about how I never used the fast travel, as just riding through the amazing countryside was so great.

It's a tough comparison to Cyberpunk. Night City's so much more dense, and vertical smile NC feels more 'alive' at a glance to me, but as we've talked about it's like a facade. KCD felt authentic, anything you saw was there, concrete. NC feels like you're surrounded by holograms in a sense.

I like both worlds, and of course GTA's Los Santos too, probably still my favorite. And I've spent 700 hours in Los Santos.

Blastman, Cyberpunk seems to be the embodiment of the things you post that you don't like in games. I'd be surprised if you liked it.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4553401 01/23/21 08:35 PM
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573
Likes: 11
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573
Likes: 11
Originally Posted by DBond
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Is the world as alive and interesting as Kingdom Come Deliverance?


I loved that game too. I finished it, got about 140 hours out of it (same as Cyberpunk). One of the best game worlds around. It feels so authentic.


Thanks for "hyping up" KCD. You reminded me I may have it. Got me looking in my Steam Library. I purchased it long ago on sale and played 19 minutes smile
I wondered about the story. I guess I'll have to play longer the next time biggrin


Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 24"P (180hz/1080p) + Samsung 32" Odyssey Neo G7 4K 1000R Curved (165Hz/4K/2160p) + 24"P (180hz/1080p), AMD R9-9950X, 64GB [email protected], GIGABYTE X870E AORUS Master MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~58TB storage, 1300W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, EVGA X20 Mouse, W11 Pro
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
I don't want to derail the Cyberpunk thread, but yeah, it's worth a look. I had a great time with KCD. Good story, great world, beautiful countryside and the best (in my view) sword fighting combat in any game.

Here's a thread I started when I played the game, and as I am wont to do, gave my thoughts and opinions on it smile

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4482406/1


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,030
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,030
Likes: 66
I found out that the level cap in Cyberpunk is 50. I'm level 27 now so I guess that means I'm roughly a bit more than halfway done with the game.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
I had designs on 50, had all my points and perks roadmapped, but I ran out of steam near the end. And by level 40 I was ready to get to the end.

When it became evident that it was unlikely I would get the achievements for finishing all hustles and gigs I decided to cross the point of no return. I could still go back in and keep going having chosen that option after the credits, but for now at least I moved on. Let's see if they release any expansions or DLC.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,030
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,030
Likes: 66
So my understanding is that the only characters you can potentially romance are Panam, Judy and River?

I wanted to romance Evelyn Parker but then a major story wrench got thrown in those plans. LOL


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
That's almost all,

Kerry is an option for males that roll that way.

Meredith Stout is available for a one night stand. I did this, but don't recommend it lol

There's an interesting melee weapon in the room you can grab (or not) before leaving




To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Page 22 of 37 1 2 … 20 21 22 23 24 … 36 37

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,072 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1