|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887 Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man Senior Member
|
|
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887 Likes: 3 |
. Greetings all, Since it's a holiday weekend and I've no travel plans whatsoever I started building another aerodrome for our much beloved sim. I have the basic bones of the place put together and can now start whittling away at all the many little bits and pieces. Bragging rights to the first person who can correctly identify the Entente camp I am working on. (right click on image and open in new window to view it full size) Cheers! Lou .
Last edited by RAF_Louvert; 07/11/20 03:05 PM. Reason: updated title
Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked._________________________________________________________________________ Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above. "pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 855 Likes: 1
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 855 Likes: 1 |
Have you pics of it Lou ? I might have a couple Cheers, shredward
We will remember them.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 752 Likes: 3
Artless Aide-de-camp Member
|
|
Artless Aide-de-camp Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 752 Likes: 3 |
I'm finally gonna get one of these. WooHoo!
More through deduction than any body of knowledge about aerodromes.
La Bellvue.
edit - Anciens aerodromes has a great aeriel picture but you already knew that I suspect.
Last edited by epower; 07/03/20 06:49 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887 Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man Senior Member
|
|
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887 Likes: 3 |
.
I have a few that I am working off of Ted, but I'll take any you might have. Can never have enough info when it comes to putting these together, as you well know. Thanks!
.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887 Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man Senior Member
|
|
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887 Likes: 3 |
. E, you snuck in while I was posting. You are correct Sir! And yes, I was aware. .
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!! Hotshot
|
|
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!! Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997 |
Way to go Lou, and I thought you wouldn't have anything coming for awhile.
Best Regards
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 115
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 115 |
He Lou, another masterpiece of your creativity! EP beat me to the name of the AF as, like usual I’m late to the party, yet again! Cheers my friend!
All the best
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,287 Likes: 108
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,287 Likes: 108 |
Wow!! This looks awesome! Thanks to you and RW this sim is becoming more and more alive everyday!!
The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!
I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 752 Likes: 3
Artless Aide-de-camp Member
|
|
Artless Aide-de-camp Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 752 Likes: 3 |
I must apologize, Lou. In my exuberance at being first identifier I omitted the obvious: Superb work.
I'll echo OVS in declaring that you've made WOFF a richer place thru your efforts.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659 |
RAF: Luv ur work. Hardly any trees, Great for aeroplanes
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!! Hotshot
|
|
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!! Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997 |
RAF: Luv ur work. Hardly any trees, Great for aeroplanes That's true Carrick, but don't get complacent when you land there! He has been known to let the pooches roam around in the middle of the runway on one other airfield he made. Not I nice experience!! Best Regards
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 855 Likes: 1
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 855 Likes: 1 |
Now, about those trees: Lou noted that he is whittling away at the little bits and pieces. Now, I happen to know that there was a very big old tree about 30 yards out in front of the main hangar line. I remain optimistic.
Cheers, shredward
We will remember them.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!! Hotshot
|
|
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!! Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997 |
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,287 Likes: 108
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,287 Likes: 108 |
Hiya Lou. I had posted this lost on RW's thread when he was working on his latest masterpiece. I hope some of these can be looked into and maybe produced. The first few would add some serious German history from these dromes if you could. I just live that you guys put so much into these works and it makes landing at them so much fun. Vaux Douai Cappy Metz Jametz Sivry Tallencourt Lomme Marckwbeke Bapaume Epinoy
Last edited by OvStachel; 07/07/20 01:35 PM.
The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!
I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!! Hotshot
|
|
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!! Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997 |
Hi OV
I haven't forgotten your list but I have been meaning to ask if they are listed by priority. Hopefully I will get to do some this year.
Best Regards
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887 Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man Senior Member
|
|
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887 Likes: 3 |
. So many airfields, so little time. OvS, we'll give it our best shot. Now as to the issue of trees, while I will do my best to keep them off the runways, you're going to have to live with the plethora of them along the southwest corner of the aerodrome. The tiny commune of La Bellevue is primarily orchards, farms, and hedgerow, so trees are just business as usual there. I'm still filling in the numerous farms, but you get the general idea. (right click on image and open in new window to view it full size) .
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,287 Likes: 108
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,287 Likes: 108 |
Certainly not trying to steal thunder on either of your threads by posting a request. It's great that you both are building these things and wow... So #%&*$# impressive!!
As for my dream list... Lol. Not in any order, but I think Cappy, Douai, Epinoy and Baupme would be higher.
Shred can definitely give better input on which would add more importance and atmosphere to the countryside. They all had specific Jastas tied to them at some point.
Keep up the amazing work!!
The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!
I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696 |
I think a deal should be made. Lou and Robert prepare new aerodromes and OBD rolls out new planes to land on them. Yes? No? Maybe?
"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys, The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain, From out of my arse take the camshaft, And assemble the engine again."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!! Hotshot
|
|
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!! Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997 |
Two weeks!!! 
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887 Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man Senior Member
|
|
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887 Likes: 3 |
. That would be two "WOFForian" weeks. . .
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|