SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
Game still freeze leaving after flight session.

Last edited by SKIP2008; 04/14/20 07:33 AM.
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Originally Posted by SKIP2008
Game still freeze leaving after flight session.


are you running COHOKUM1161.exe, not COHOKUM.EXE?

I've tried to start campaign (random map), select random side, start mission, exit campaign, start new one - about 10 times in a row, no crashes.
Does not mean issue does not exists, but it may happen in very special conditions, or you have some buggy mod installed.

Last edited by thealx; 04/14/20 07:49 AM.
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 95
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 95
Originally Posted by thealx
Originally Posted by PatrykW
I remember in 1.15 overTQ would cause some damage fairy shortly after the overTQ alert.

No, it's not fair. Any helicopter can spent several minutes in maximum engine RPM mode without damage, especially US developed. Currently, overtorque state is taken not really from RPM value but from engines temperature. Higher temperature - more chance that engine will be damaged or get on fire (random modifier applied). In normal forward direction flight you may damage them in about 5-10 minutes. I've made some aerobatics on Ka-50 and get right engine damage notice after about 1.5 minutes of flight, then temperature of left engine raised dramatically - after 10 sec I've got it's fire notice.

So, it's not the same as in 1.15.0 but enabled overtorque dynamics option still cause some problems, sometime in a very bad moment.


My apologies. Tested this yesterday. Did a 5 min run, 120% TQ, one of the engines just died so I am well pleased with this. Thanks.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Cool, thanks for testing.

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
Hi thealx, it happens with both COHOKUM1161 and COHOKUM.EXE, i really don't know why. This happened with 1.16.0 also.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Originally Posted by SKIP2008
Hi thealx, it happens with both COHOKUM1161 and COHOKUM.EXE, i really don't know why. This happened with 1.16.0 also.

Can you please set debug_log=1 in INI file, next time when you will have such freeze - check /cohokum/debug_log.txt file, maybe it will contain some errors.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Originally Posted by SimonAlonso
Ka-50
-when I trim forward the ciclick and I go navigating when I pull the ciclick bak for avoid trees or mountains, seem dont raise like ka-52 or other helos. Same happends if I take the ciclick out, dont raise toó much, not like other helos.


Tried it myself - it's true that coaxial helicopters are heavy on controls, especially Ka-50, but can't say it so critical. You may try to replace \common\data\dynamics\ka50.dyn with hokum.dyn from same folder (so Ka-50 will have same dynamics attributes as Ka-52).
Another option is copy ka50.dyn file from 1.16.0 dynamics pack, as helicopters there much more maneuverable.

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
Ok, thanks Thealx

#4516397 04/14/20 08:03 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
If you find any issues about the latest release, post them here instead of the release thread.

Remaining issues from the release candidate thread have been moved here.

Last edited by messyhead; 04/14/20 08:09 PM.
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 50
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 50
Hi guys! Javelin made a fix that removed the hard binding of the joystick buttons 1, 2, 3. Apparently this fix is ​​not included in 1.16.1?

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
hmm I never seen he made it, at least nothing in the code. if it was really included in one of his builds, such change was not pushed into source code repository.
I have seen your request and made it my way - you can try to set unbind_jbuttons=1 in INI file
button #4 will be removed as well

Last edited by thealx; 04/15/20 10:35 AM.
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
I've messaged Javelin to ask if he knows about it too.

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 50
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by thealx

I have seen your request and made it my way - you can try to set unbind_jbuttons=1 in INI file
button #4 will be removed as well

thanks, it helps! have not seen this parameter before))

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 50
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by messyhead
I've messaged Javelin to ask if he knows about it too.

I still have this build if you need

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
Originally Posted by bunik
Originally Posted by messyhead
I've messaged Javelin to ask if he knows about it too.

I still have this build if you need


Do you know where he posted it on the forums?

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 50
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by messyhead
Originally Posted by bunik
Originally Posted by messyhead
I've messaged Javelin to ask if he knows about it too.

I still have this build if you need


Do you know where he posted it on the forums?

he sent it to me in PM

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
Originally Posted by bunik
Originally Posted by messyhead
Originally Posted by bunik
Originally Posted by messyhead
I've messaged Javelin to ask if he knows about it too.

I still have this build if you need


Do you know where he posted it on the forums?

he sent it to me in PM


Well we can't see it being put into the code repo, which is why it's not included.

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
I've just tried cockpit lighting for the first time, and it's pretty cool.

I think I've found an issue with it though, could someone else verify?

When in cockpit view (e.g. F1/F2), and I switch off the cockpit HUD (CTRL + K), then the lighting switches off. If you keep pressing CTRL + V it cycles through from being on to a few "off states" then on again. But it doesn't show the lighting in the same way as when the HUD is on.

It happens in all 3D cockpits on blue and red sides (except for Hind).

The attached images show HUD on in the left, and off in the right.
Attachments
apache.jpg blackshark.jpg comanche.jpg hokum.jpg kiowa.jpg viper.jpg

Last edited by messyhead; 04/18/20 06:30 AM.
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
I've fixed a small issue with the KA-50 gear and weapon lamps at night, they weren't showing as lit. Fix should be in the next bug fix patch.
Attachments
IMAGE023.jpg

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
1. lights was migrated from clickable Hind which has advanced electrics calculation - so there is no light when no power source available, or overload happen.
In key guide Ctrl-K calls HUD on/off, but in the code this function toggles "electrics" variable, so I have used it for lights as well. So it's not a bug when light goes off after Ctrl-K pressed, at lest for now.

2. I remember that someone complained that cockpit is too dark in the midnight on mission start (while electrics turned off), so I've added artificial dim light when cockpit light is turned off. and looks like I missed situation when cockpit light is selected but not enabled because electrics turned off, will fix it.

Last edited by thealx; 04/18/20 07:14 AM.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,498 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1