SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#4486064 08/13/19 04:35 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,214
Likes: 3
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,214
Likes: 3
Has anyone else had any experience with the Epic browser? I have been trying it out for the last few weeks and I really like it, So far it seems to block pop ups and auto videos very well. It has a built in VPN and you can chose the general location you are seen as coming from. Examples: Eastern US, Western US, Canada, UK, Germany, Netherlands, India & Singapore. I kind of have to stick to the English speaking countries as it defaults to the native languages, currency and news. Sort of using a Tor browser it is supposed to be the securest browser out there. One issue I have encounter is the local radar won't run but I guess that is the point of the browser not running auto play.

Epic Browser


The road less traveled is filled with fewer needy people.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Chef #4486067 08/13/19 05:00 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 17,481
Likes: 8
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 17,481
Likes: 8
This should solve your radar problem Chef.

https://www.wjhg.com/templates/2015_Fullscreen_Radar


'After about twenty years of having one, I am now convinced that, for the most part, smartphones may be the dumbest thing man has ever invented!"

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

Chef #4486073 08/13/19 05:24 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,214
Likes: 3
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,214
Likes: 3
Oh...that's a nice radar and it will play on the Epic browser. Weather Underground radar gets stopped dead by the Epic browser. Thanks!


The road less traveled is filled with fewer needy people.
Chef #4486133 08/14/19 02:19 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,450
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,450
I use Firefox with some add-ons and have no pop-ups, no video ads, etc. I haven't seen a commercial on You Tube in several years. My wife doesn't use Firefox and has to sit through the ads.


4H_V-man

System Specs:
MSI 870 A-G54
AMD X4 Phenom II @ 3.4 ghz
8 Gb DDR3 1333 RAM
1 Tb Western Digital
250 Gb Western Digital
320 Gb Seagate
Radeon HD 6970 graphics
Thermaltake 650 Modualar power supply
Thermaltake Element V full tower
Chef #4486134 08/14/19 02:31 AM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
J
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
Works great in Firefox for me.
Bookmarked to. Thanks.


Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
Chef #4486135 08/14/19 02:32 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
I'd be a little suspicious of a "built-in VPN". Probably just me though..

To block ads/popups try 'privacy badger', it's a browser plug-in. Someone mentioned it here on simGQ and it's golden.

Last edited by piper; 08/14/19 02:34 AM.
vocatx #4486177 08/14/19 01:44 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,768
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,768
Originally Posted by vocatx
I use Firefox with some add-ons and have no pop-ups, no video ads, etc. I haven't seen a commercial on You Tube in several years. My wife doesn't use Firefox and has to sit through the ads.

Hmm, which add-ons do you use with FF? I use several but commercials are still running wild on the tube sigh

Chef #4486204 08/14/19 04:08 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
Tried to use Epic to connect to my Netflix account to see if I could spoof being in the UK and access programming not available in the US. No joy.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
piper #4486206 08/14/19 04:13 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 17,481
Likes: 8
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 17,481
Likes: 8
Originally Posted by piper
I'd be a little suspicious of a "built-in VPN". Probably just me though..

To block ads/popups try 'privacy badger', it's a browser plug-in. Someone mentioned it here on simGQ and it's golden.


wave


'After about twenty years of having one, I am now convinced that, for the most part, smartphones may be the dumbest thing man has ever invented!"

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

F4UDash4 #4486221 08/14/19 06:46 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,214
Likes: 3
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,214
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by F4UDash4
Tried to use Epic to connect to my Netflix account to see if I could spoof being in the UK and access programming not available in the US. No joy.


Did you set the proxy to the UK? It's the icon in the upper right-hand corner beside the umbrella icon.
[Linked Image]

I tested it on Absolute Radio from my vivaldi browser i am blocked from listening live. When I go through Epic set to the UK proxy it gets me to the login screen to sign in.

With vivaldi I get this when clicking on Listen Live:
https://player.absoluteradio.co.uk/geo/

With Epic I get this after clicking Listen Live:
https://absoluteradio.co.uk/account/?action=rpregister&url=http%3A%2F%2Fplayer.absoluteradio.co.uk%2Far%2F


The road less traveled is filled with fewer needy people.
Chef #4486225 08/14/19 07:37 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
Yes, set proxy to UK.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Chef #4486226 08/14/19 07:58 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,214
Likes: 3
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,214
Likes: 3
Oh well, it was worth a try.


The road less traveled is filled with fewer needy people.
Chef #4486227 08/14/19 08:12 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,450
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,450
I use Duck Duck Go as my default search engine, and have Privacy Badger and Bluhell Firewall 2.7 running on Fire Fox. To get rid of You Tube commercials I have AdBlocker for You Tube.


4H_V-man

System Specs:
MSI 870 A-G54
AMD X4 Phenom II @ 3.4 ghz
8 Gb DDR3 1333 RAM
1 Tb Western Digital
250 Gb Western Digital
320 Gb Seagate
Radeon HD 6970 graphics
Thermaltake 650 Modualar power supply
Thermaltake Element V full tower

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,958 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1