SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 … 5 6 7 8 9 … 12 13
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 10,118
K
Veteran
Veteran
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 10,118
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by KraziKanuK
There was a book and then a movie about aliens enslaving humans who rebelled but I can't remember its name.



Battlefield Earth?

Watch the movie if you want a great laugh.

Yes that is the name.. Read the book and watched the movie. The book is much better.


There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Originally Posted by KraziKanuK
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by KraziKanuK
There was a book and then a movie about aliens enslaving humans who rebelled but I can't remember its name.



Battlefield Earth?

Watch the movie if you want a great laugh.

Yes that is the name.. Read the book and watched the movie. The book is much better.


Written by none other than L. Ron Hubbard, grand wizard of alien usury. =)

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,042
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,042
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Originally Posted by KraziKanuK
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by KraziKanuK
There was a book and then a movie about aliens enslaving humans who rebelled but I can't remember its name.



Battlefield Earth?

Watch the movie if you want a great laugh.

Yes that is the name.. Read the book and watched the movie. The book is much better.


Written by none other than L. Ron Hubbard, grand wizard of alien usury. =)



I would not touch the book or movie since, IMHO, doing so would possibly contribute money to one of the biggest scams in modern times.


ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Originally Posted by Dart

I do like the Ancient Alien theory that people were genetically engineered to be slaves to Space Alien Overlords but quickly turned the tables on them and so they left. That would make us the assh*le species of the Universe, and that appeals to me on so many levels.


Any reasonable attempt to genetically engineer a population for enslaved labor would result in a kill switch being implemented in said genetic code.

So, if this is the case--say they are doing this now, there's nothing we may be able to do once they decide to put us to work. I wager that a civilization intelligent and crafty enough to pull this off would embed a switch in our genome that could not only kill, but potentially work to override our free will in our nervous system, placing us in a catatonic acquiescent trance.


The brain is a series of synapses, after all, and if they could engineer a protein(that could pass the blood-brain barrier) shaped to interfere with the right junctions, assuming they did their research, which I'm sure they would, I don't see this as implausible. Assuming the brain would not short-circuit and go haywire.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 06/27/19 04:42 PM.
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,155
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,155
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by KraziKanuK
There was a book and then a movie about aliens enslaving humans who rebelled but I can't remember its name.



One of my favorite "Star Trek Enterprise" episodes, "North Star", covers that also.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,875
Likes: 6
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,875
Likes: 6
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

Any reasonable attempt to genetically engineer a population for enslaved labor would result in a kill switch being implemented in said genetic code.

So, if this is the case--say they are doing this now, there's nothing we may be able to do once they decide to put us to work. I wager that a civilization intelligent and crafty enough to pull this off would embed a switch in our genome that could not only kill, but potentially work to override our free will in our nervous system, placing us in a catatonic acquiescent trance.


The brain is a series of synapses, after all, and if they could engineer a protein(that could pass the blood-brain barrier) shaped to interfere with the right junctions, assuming they did their research, which I'm sure they would, I don't see this as implausible. Assuming the brain would not short-circuit and go haywire.
...and the ST:TNG episode "The Game" covers this. Seeing all the people walking around staring at their phones seems to indicate we're well on the way.
Obviously not one of my favourite episodes as it's Wesley Crusher-centric. smile

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by Zamzow
Originally Posted by SUBS_17

Things to remember:
1 A theory is not science it is a theory.
2 While a theory is on the bench it needs to be proven in order to become science.


So if I take a course on DC Theory that's not science?

I'm glad you cleared that up for me!


I'll clear that up even further look up what Theory means.



"Trust me I know what I'm doing" Detective Sledge Hammer
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by Pooch
"A theory is not science it is a theory."
You completely misunderstand the way the Science community uses the word "Theory." Most people like yourself use this reasoning because they don't understand. I'm sure you believe in gravity, right? Then again, considering your mindset, maybe you don't. But, even though you aren't floating off into space, gravity is considered a theory.
Subs, please don't attempt to teach us science. You are not qualified.


How would you know my qualifications? You know absolutely nothing about me.



"Trust me I know what I'm doing" Detective Sledge Hammer
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by F4UDash4
Originally Posted by Zamzow
Originally Posted by Pooch
Admittedly, I'm guilty of having stepped over the line. The post went into an area that drives me nuts. I'm gonna bow out of the discussion since I don't believe it's going to head back onto it's original tracks. Apologies.



I do NOT apologize. If this is now "BibleHq" I'm done.


So you're the mirror image of Subs then. Right?

The ignore function works. I just added Subs and I'm a Bible believing Christian (and my Bible doesn’t contain any of the nonsense Subs is spewing so your blaming religion is off base. Subs is just "wrong" to put it in words I can use within the rules of the forum)


The reason why I mentioned Heaven is because some spaceships are actually from there including Tic Tac. Sentient Alien races do not possess that sort of technology, theirs is comparable to Earths fore they have a similar tech tree.



"Trust me I know what I'm doing" Detective Sledge Hammer
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
Subs,where is your proof? And don't point me to one of your idiotic youtube videos,thanks.


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Tic Tac? What do breath mints have to do with this thread topic?


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,875
Likes: 6
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,875
Likes: 6
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Tic Tac? What do breath mints have to do with this thread topic?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/5375283/ufo-aliens-pentagon-video-tic-tac-helium-balloon-eccles/

This is the internet, it's not supposed to be taken seriously....so the more idiotic youtube videos, the better. smile

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
LOL! Thanks for that info mikew.


Carry on gentlemen, this has been a fun thread to read.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,042
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,042
Originally Posted by SUBS_17
How would you know my qualifications? You know absolutely nothing about me.


Which is why I asked the question, which you have left unanswered.


ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
While all of you gents argue contentiously over aliens, Fallen Angels, breakaway civilizations and interdimensional travellers, I think the origin of these craft is obvious;

Florida Man!

I mean he's clearly capable of violating the laws of physics and probability, sometimes appearing in several places at once, perhaps this "tic tac" is one of his myriad means of travel?

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 17,481
Likes: 8
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 17,481
Likes: 8
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
I think the origin of these craft is obvious;

Florida Man!



Don't forget Florida Woman!


'After about twenty years of having one, I am now convinced that, for the most part, smartphones may be the dumbest thing man has ever invented!"

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by Nixer
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
I think the origin of these craft is obvious;

Florida Man!



Don't forget Florida Woman!



Too bad she’s batshit crazy because she’s pretty darn hot!


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,525
Likes: 2
L
Hotshot
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,525
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Nixer
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
I think the origin of these craft is obvious;

Florida Man!



Don't forget Florida Woman!


Maybe he just forgot their safety word. biggrin

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Originally Posted by Nixer
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
I think the origin of these craft is obvious;

Florida Man!



Don't forget Florida Woman!


She's an 8 hot, but a 10 crazy. That's the danger zone.




Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,409
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,409
Originally Posted by F4UDash4


The ignore function works. I just added Subs and I'm a Bible believing Christian (and my Bible doesn’t contain any of the nonsense Subs is spewing so your blaming religion is off base. Subs is just "wrong" to put it in words I can use within the rules of the forum)


Thanks for the tip - been around here since 2002 and never used it before. Will use now.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 … 5 6 7 8 9 … 12 13

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,374 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1