SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Greetings All,

I was out shoveling this morning after our latest snowfall and had a photo op, so I thought I'd share it with you folks. It may be frigid outside but it's nice and cozy warm inside our 1887 prairie farm home.

[Linked Image]

Gotta love winter, I mean, what are the options.

Cheers!

Lou

.

Attachments
Lou_home_winter_2019_001.jpg


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,106
Member
Member
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,106
Lou,

Lovely spot. Today finds me working in the office in Moncton, NB, Canada, while everyone else is home enjoying a snow day. Here's the view outside.

[Linked Image]

On days like this I realize that there are people whose butts I could have kicked in school and university who are making a living chartering yachts in Tahiti. Why am I here?
Attachments
20190213_121025_resized.jpg

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

It builds character, Raine. Or at least that's what I've always been told. Personally, I think the ones telling us that are the ones living in Tahiti chartering the yachts.

Thanks for sharing the photo, it looks like we live in very similar situations, weatherwise at least. By the way, that bungalow in the forefront on the right side of the street looks identical to my neighbor's house down the road.

.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Lovely pic Lou!

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,106
Member
Member
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,106
Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert
. It builds character, Raine. .


Lou, I'm starting to think I've just built enough *&&^%%& character for one winter!

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Raine, same here, enough and then some. So I guess that means we are both a couple of characters.

.

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Thanks Trooper, glad you like it!

.

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 601
Likes: 2
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 601
Likes: 2
We've been having off and on blackouts from the wind here for the last 17 hours. Is it spring yet?
Attachments
IMG_0953.jpg


I got fired as the door man at a sperm bank.
Apparently it's in poor taste to tell leaving customers "Thanks for coming."

Former U.S. Army Medic - SGT.
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Not yet, AceMedic, much as I wish it were as well. Thanks for sharing your photo with us, you've got your share of winter too. Hope your power gets steady soon..

Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696
At least you guys can SEE through your windows.

[Linked Image]
Attachments
Winter Is Still Coming.jpg


"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Lou, Love the house! I do like a snow every now and then. But I'll take what we have, just sayin.

[Linked Image]


Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696
MFair, is the snow behind the horses? Because I can’t see it.


"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Originally Posted by Fullofit
MFair, is the snow behind the horses? Because I can’t see it.


Yes it is, but Unless you can see a few hundred miles north it’s kind of hard to spot. I have been in a tee shirt the past few days!


Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696
Heh heh! I'm also wearing a t-shirt and then another one on top of that - this one with a long sleeve, then a sweater and than a jacket.
Lou, what are you wearing?
I can see this thread go kinky very soon.


"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 419
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 419
Live in Kentucky and watch the weather act like a yo-yo! A couple of weekends ago it was cold then went up to 60F I flew some RC sailplanes that Sunday) then an overnight low to 4F to hover around 15F a few days then to 72F then back down to 29F and now back up to 45F. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 52F.

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Just shoot me...
Member
Just shoot me...
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Fullofit, now, don't try to fool us - that's the privacy glass in your bathroom, isn't it? wink I thought it nearly heartless the way MFair horsed around with us of the more frigid climes. Of all y'all Lou wind the photography award - it seems AceMedic88 screened his picture a little too well before posting! (where's that smiley that ducks a flying rock? oh, there he is - - duck ) Raine makes us all wonder what it would be like to have the big office upstairs... (better duck again, I've heard that story!) Nice place, Lou.

ARUP, we've been up and down that yo-yo with you - it was 60°F a few weeks ago, and withinn a couple of days we hit -10°F, never got anywhere near freezing for a couple of days, then back up to 50°F over the weekend... We've had almost two inches of rain since the beginning of the week, switching with snow... I'm hoping my landslide from last year doesn't slip anymore, and so does the water authority - a 6" diameter, 150 psi water main goes through there!


Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 208
Likes: 2
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 208
Likes: 2
Very nice Lou we had that here earlier I used my side by side to push it out of the way. ARUP I know what you mean it has been even worse here in northeast Missouri. The temperature swings have been crazy all winter long. We had ice that just melted the other day. I do not mind the cold and snow, but I hate the ice storms. I can get most anywhere I want in snow, but ice is another matter. My son in law has just gotten home from playing Army down in Texas near Waco he said the base had less than an inch of snow and sent everybody home and shut down. He told the commanding officer that this was not snow but just a dusting. Thanks for sharing gentlemen.
John

Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696
Originally Posted by HumanDrone
Fullofit, now, don't try to fool us - that's the privacy glass in your bathroom, isn't it? wink

No fooling you HD! When the weather hits the fan, my house gets a lot more private.


"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,558
Likes: 20
JFM Offline
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,558
Likes: 20
"Winter" in Naples. Took these last week.
Attachments
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,743
Member
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,743
I see General Winter doesn't spare you North American folks either from his attacks! (Except some people living in the tropics...) frosty

Here's a midwinter shot from my corner of the globe:

[Linked Image]

Great photos everybody! As to building character, I'm not entirely sure what kind of character a lifetime spent living in Arctic conditions has built for me. biggrin

Last edited by Hasse; 02/14/19 02:43 PM.

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,565 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1