SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 146 of 442 1 2 … 144 145 146 147 148 … 441 442
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,790
B
Old Scroat
Senior Member
Old Scroat
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,790
Originally Posted by Chucky
Originally Posted by BD-123
Watched 'Hurricane' for the second time; t'was even worse than the first viewing. Very weird aerial CGI, looked like animations from the 1940's.


I picked up on that from the trailer,thinking they would improve for the full release. That's a no then. I'll give it a miss I think.


It's on Netflix now, so maybe worth a gander Chucky. Have hopes for the soon to be released 'Lancaster' movie, I recall your Mum has an admiration for the Lanc!

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/world-war-ii/lancaster-skies-upcoming-wwii-film.html



Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
Just watched "A Star Is Born" - I liked it, Lady Gaga was actually really good in it.

Also seen "Widows", really good as was "Bohemian Rhapsody".

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
"Bohemian Rhapsody" is definitely on my watch list.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Still watching Band of Brothers. On Episode 7 now.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
Still watching Band of Brothers. On Episode 7 now.


Wheels


Cannot pick my favourite episode of that show. Any one with Spears in it is up there though. Best TV series ever made IMO.

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Last night watched "The Day The Earth Stood Still " The original black and white one with Michael Rennie not the newer one with Keanu Reeves..I generally like the older versions and not the remakes like True Grit,,with
The Duke and The Beguiled with Clint Eastwood are just two I've seen recently


Russ
Semper Fi
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
Do yourself a favour rwatson,NEVER watch the remake with Keanu Reeves. I want to punch my screen right now just thinking of it.


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Spot on there Chucky ..I've seen it and it indeed sucked ,,The origional was a classic for me ..Came out in 1951 and I was 2 years old ,,Saw it in later years on a black and white TV and was hypnotized as a young lad would be


Russ
Semper Fi
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
As a general rule, film remakes simply don’t work but there are a few notable exceptions:

The Fly
The Thing


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 839
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 839
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
Still watching Band of Brothers. On Episode 7 now.


Wheels


That's funny, me too! The fourth time around now, I feel that the second half of the series is where it shines the brightest. I hope by the time I watch The Pacific for the fourth time, The Might Eighth will finally be out. biggrin

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Reading the posts from Wheels and Blur Heron and a wet weekend moved me to get the tin with the CD's out..Called for a pizza and starting on Band of Brothers,,I usually read the book every winter then the movie,I'll read the book next month,,It will be tonight and tomorrow watching the movie..


Russ
Semper Fi
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 839
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 839
Well done, sir!

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
I saw it before but Shhindler's list is on Ovation at 2:30 worth a break from BOB's to me


Russ
Semper Fi
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted by rwatson
I saw it before but Shhindler's list is on Ovation at 2:30 worth a break from BOB's to me

Schindler's list is one of those movies I can't watch again.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,151
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,151
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
Originally Posted by rwatson
I saw it before but Shhindler's list is on Ovation at 2:30 worth a break from BOB's to me

Schindler's list is one of those movies I can't watch again.


Wheels



I can watch "Schindler's List", but I will never again watch "Boy in the Striped Pajamas". But everyone should, once.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Galveston. Gritty and good.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,503
P
Hotshot
Hotshot
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,503
"Do yourself a favour rwatson,NEVER watch the remake with Keanu Reeves. I want to punch my screen right now just thinking of it."

Holy Smokes, that was bad!

Saw "The Man Who Killed Hitler, Then The Bigfoot." Not sure it would have worked if it hadn't been for Sam Sheperd. He made it worth seeing.


"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659
C
Hotshot
Hotshot
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659
I watched the remake of Overboard the other night. Big Mistake. Then went on the internet and watched an episode of Hornblower TV series. Cheered me right up.

Last edited by carrick58; 02/24/19 11:17 PM.
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Pooch it's too late saw it once and that's why I was glad to see the old one,,, Another one was the remake of "The Beguiled' The first one had Clint Eastwood as a wounded Confederate Solider in a girls school.The second one was with Colin Farrell bloody TV guide thing described the first one but ran the 2017 version it stunk


Russ
Semper Fi
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
J
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
Just finished watching "Mortal Engine"

Do yourself a favor, not worth it. Story line is beyond confusing. Mixed into the mechanical monsters they are in. Had a hard time watching it.
Kept stopping and coming back later to see if got any better. That was 2 days.


Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
Page 146 of 442 1 2 … 144 145 146 147 148 … 441 442

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,652 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1