I really hope it’s not ruined by political correctness and modern day “sensibilities”.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
I really hope it’s not ruined by political correctness and modern day “sensibilities”.
The chances of that are slim.
US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars: 1925 - $153.00 2025 - $20,497.00
"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)
"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
I really hope it’s not ruined by political correctness and modern day “sensibilities”.
The chances of that are slim.
It's not an american series, so the changes of it being good is pretty, well, good. The germans have been good at depicting their past pretty accurately without spiraling down into PC-ness.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Watched the first episode, the feeling I get from it is good.
Starts with a scene that could have been straight out of the original series/movie.
Are you watching it with subtitles or do you know German?
I plan on checking it out as well when it's available on Netflix or Amazon.
Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 01/02/1907:21 PM.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars: 1925 - $153.00 2025 - $20,497.00
"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)
"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Its now on Hulu here in the states, I've made it to episode 4 and despite that scene in the last few minutes of episode 4 coming out of nowhere... its been pretty enjoyable.
Thank you EAF331 MadDog for the heads up! I enjoyed the 1981 Das Boot and saw episode 1 of this new series. So far so good! Gives me flash backs of playing Silent Hunter.
Not yet available in Hong Kong so I can't comment on the actual series but the trailer has left me bored. There seems to be so much happening on land, away from the sub itself, nope? A tortured pretty girl, a doctor jumping off a high floor, and a truck attacked by what could be the French Resistance, hmmmm....
I need Uboot Spezial Cocktail, Wasserbombe and acute claustrophobia !
Cheers, Slug
"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
I really hope it’s not ruined by political correctness and modern day “sensibilities”.
Having just finished the first season, I must say it was really good overall.
What I liked:
The boat part was good, obviously not enough of it, but really good. The Gestapo agent is a human, not a horrible nasty villian (though the last episode of the season took away some of his humanity in one scene). He is definitely complex and well done.
What I didn't like:
I just didn't buy the lesbian relationship, it came out random and seemed to be forced. Would have been much more believable if the resistance leader was a man and she fell for him.
Overall it was a good season, but I don't want to give anything away.
Keep Calm and Check Canopy
There are no ex-paratroopers, only ones off jump status