SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 31 1 2 … 18 19 20 21 22 … 30 31
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 871
W
model citizen
Member
model citizen
Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 871
Originally Posted by - Ice
Originally Posted by Monnie Rock
and I got suspended

And I thought the ban hammer was given a break already? Guess not?

Is it just me or is Sith basically admitting that ED will release a known-buggy build just for the sake of releasing something?



no mate, their view is "something is better than nothing"

Yet at times....I much prefer nothing

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 797
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 797



Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,614
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,614
And with no single comment on if/what's been fixed?

"DCS 2.5 with new Caucasus map is available for public now! "

Not feeling too confident about this.
Guess I will notice when I launch DCS next time.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 42
_
Junior Member
Junior Member
_ Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 42
They couldn't fix the memory leak, so they just changed the minimum/recommended system requirements. biggrin
source

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,606
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,606
Well that's kind of a bummer.


Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, TrackIR 4, CH HOTAS and rudder pedals
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 22
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 22
As you can see by changelog, ED was really hardworking on fixing major bugs during these last weeks.
I don't get why so many negative coments on their work. It only take a couple of months to correct a major bug like memory leak. I know that fixing that by just changing minimum spec looks like nothing but hey, lets be positive and suport them by buying some more modules.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Wow, that's an extensive changelog!! ED has been hard at work indeed! Let us all rejoice!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Maybe ED can fix more of their bugs by increasing the minimum specs to a Core i7 Kaby or higher, 64GB RAM, 1TB free SSD space, SLI GeForce 1080Ti or better, 1080p monitors or lower. That way, they can safely ignore any complaints from anyone running under-spec'd PCs! Win!! Then they can concentrate on making the Hornet module!

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
You know, it is what it is. The flightsim enthusiast is number 3, on ED's list of 2. While I applaud what you're doing here, the only folks listening is yourselves. Unfortunately.

I've gone completely retro, and enjoying it. BMS Falcon is the latest sim I fly. damson got me interested in DiD's EF2000 all over again. Bought it off Ebay for $20 bucks.
Holy crap, what a sim. Graphics, ummm, but gameplay - remember what that is/was? - is tremendous! Yall should try it.

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,922
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,922
OMG

What clowns are running that business? A bug-riddled open beta with a memory leak (masked by higher requirements) has just had a name change and suddenly becomes the stable 'release' version. What an absolute farce.


On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Originally Posted by piper
You know, it is what it is. The flightsim enthusiast is number 3, on ED's list of 2. While I applaud what you're doing here, the only folks listening is yourselves. Unfortunately.

Still, it's good to vent smile

Also, you're not exactly correct there. ED is keeping an eye on us too.... as shown by my warning levels on their forums despite not posting there for years wink Others have been banned on there too, for statements made here or in other forums.

Originally Posted by piper
I've gone completely retro, and enjoying it. BMS Falcon is the latest sim I fly.

+1 to that. Thinking of trying IL2 BoS again as well, but I'm not much of a WWII simmer even though I like watching those airplanes in movies.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Originally Posted by Paradaz
What clowns are running that business?

That is an insult to clowns everywhere.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
@Ice , since Jason took over the IL2 BoX franchise is doing well. You being a jet guy, not sure how you would like the WWII birds.
Advise to wait on sale of Kuban though. Their latest, and it's fun.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Indeed, I've been hearing good things about it. I'm a jet guy, you are right, but I'm also looking to improve my dogfighting skills and my energy management and I was under the impression that flying and fighting in WWII birds would help with that. Am I wrong in that?

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,883
Likes: 1
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,883
Likes: 1
No fear, the "people jumped the gun on the System Requirements change" crowd are already out and at it. It's your fault for not keeping up with the changing requirements because of the more demanding builds. Also they are still working on the memory leak, that they've at least made a point of today. I give it one more update and then it's going to be vacant hard drive space. This is beyond ridiculous.


[email protected], 32GB Ram, RTX4070 Super 12GB, 2TB SSD
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
@Ice, tried to PM you, but you're over the limit. You will either love, or hate BoX, due to prop planes. Like I said, wait till a good sale is on. They have many.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
PM sent smile

I don't mind paying in full for a good sim, happy to support the devs that make good stuff. Or are you saying it's not worth the full price? I do know they have a sale every so often as I am subscribed to their newsletter, but didn't think of getting the newer games as I have the premium edition of BoS but haven't really spent much time in it.

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 871
W
model citizen
Member
model citizen
Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 871
Originally Posted by - Ice
Others have been banned on there too, for statements made here or in other forums.


I can confirm this as this is how I was banned. Ask Skatezilla over at ED for the run down, even 4 lines short of NineLiner would be more than happy to confirm this, just ask him about the my proposal to put forward a member for the vote on the next community manager, that should jog his memory.

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 161
Z
MercInc staff
Member
MercInc staff
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 161
From the maybe 2-3000 people that play this game (which is very very low number in case you are wondering) there are 5-10 old grannies that just stay here and bitter. every single friggin time I log in here... same babushkas... yada yada yada yada... most of them look like this:

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 871
W
model citizen
Member
model citizen
Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 871
Originally Posted by zaelu
From the maybe 2-3000 people that play this game (which is very very low number in case you are wondering) there are 5-10 old grannies that just stay here and bitter. every single friggin time I log in here... same babushkas... yada yada yada yada... most of them look like this:

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post






I don't know who invited you back to read these forums but it sure as hell wasn't me. However let me inform you that the numbers you have proposed are completely incorrect. 2-3000 is an extremely low number when Chris from VEAFAIL informed this community that his company has sold 10's of thousands of his HAWK module alone. that would put the number in the 10's of millions who actually play DCS based on Chris's sales facts on a single module alone. 5-10 old grannies? what are you 5 years old? I'm 34, hardly a grannie unless you are 5 and have the mentality where everything in the world is much larger than it actually is.

It is always a ray of sunshine to the forms when a member comes in and spits out a fictitious post like the one you put forward that holds absolutely no fact.

I too will sign off with an awesome link to a gif image for added bonus

fictitious image

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,042
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,042
Originally Posted by Winfield
Originally Posted by - Ice
Others have been banned on there too, for statements made here or in other forums.


I can confirm this as this is how I was banned.


According to the ED forum rules, the rule about posts on non-ED forums (1.13) was removed.


ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
Page 20 of 31 1 2 … 18 19 20 21 22 … 30 31

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,081,470 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1