SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 129 of 442 1 2 … 127 128 129 130 131 … 441 442
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
Baby Driver http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3890160/

Probably one of the best movies I've seen all year.



May contain spoilers.

Last edited by Chucky; 12/17/17 11:13 AM.

If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Watched 'Schindler's List" Last night I don't think any movie moved me as much as that one had wet eyes constantly through out it


Russ
Semper Fi
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,163
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,163
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by rwatson
Watched 'Schindler's List" Last night I don't think any movie moved me as much as that one had wet eyes constantly through out it



Watch "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas".

It is a must see, once. I won't watch it again.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,181
D
Bug Stompe....Quisling
Member
Bug Stompe....Quisling
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,181
Rare exports. À silly movie from Finland where Santa Clause is based on a old legend where bad kids are snatched to be eaten on Christmas Eve.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 6,856
C
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Hotshot
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Hotshot
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 6,856
the boy is old enough to start learning the classics so we watched Act of Valor and Predator this weekend


Robots are stealing my luggage.
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Watching Forrest Gump right now just one of those movies I enjoy watching..But then Tom Hanks ranks right up with the Duke for me..can't beat Saving Pvt Ryan with a stick


Russ
Semper Fi
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
J
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
Originally Posted by rwatson
Watching Forrest Gump right now just one of those movies I enjoy watching..But then Tom Hanks ranks right up with the Duke for me..can't beat Saving Pvt Ryan with a stick


Forest Gump is one of those movies I will never tire of watching. Can`t even count how many times that is.


Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,163
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,163
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by JimK
Originally Posted by rwatson
Watching Forrest Gump right now just one of those movies I enjoy watching..But then Tom Hanks ranks right up with the Duke for me..can't beat Saving Pvt Ryan with a stick


Forest Gump is one of those movies I will never tire of watching. Can`t even count how many times that is.



+1


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,038
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,038
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by The_Stupendous_Yappi


Its sequel was a tough watch however.



Why is that? I liked it very much and Stephen Lang was brilliant as Stonewall Jackson.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,038
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,038
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by rwatson
Watched 'Schindler's List" Last night I don't think any movie moved me as much as that one had wet eyes constantly through out it



Yeah, that's an absolute classic and definitely not a first date movie!


That's the film where I first discovered Ralph Fiennes. What an amazing actor.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 192
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by JimK
Valarien, City of a Thousand Planets. Its a little much.




I thought this movie was very entertaining, it's like Avatar but less boring. Never expected that because I wasn't a huge fan of the 5th Element (the visuals were good but the story sucked).
Although heavily critisized, I thought the main leads were excellent. Sadly this movie tanked and we will most likely never see a sequel, just like with Dredd. frown

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Binge watched the final season of Longmire.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
V
Veteran
Veteran
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
Has anyone seen 'Darkest Hour' yet? It opened yesterday. I'm looking to catch it tomorrow or over the next few days.


"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman

Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,588
4
Senior Member
Senior Member
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,588
Andy Griffith Show Christmas episode. Cranky old man just wanted to celebrate Christmas with Andy's family.


What kind of car is that? What does it matter? When I drive it, I'm Steve McQueen
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
J
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
Kinsman Golden Circle. they made a great part 2.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2. OMG this one was hilarious.


Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 20,152
T
Lifer
Lifer
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 20,152
Originally Posted by Chucky
Baby Driver http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3890160/

Probably one of the best movies I've seen all year.


May contain spoilers.


that was a very good movie!


XboxLive Tag: DOBrienTG1969

Dave O'Brien,
Top Gun Photography
Nikon D500 & D7200
Nikkor 70-200VR AF-s F/2.8
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8
Sigma 150-600
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
It's old but watched "Band Of Brothers' Usually do it around the holidays and have the first edition of the book as all Of Steve Ambrose's books and due to a previous post here queuing up Gettysburg been there about 10 times and cruise over the mountains to Antietam ,,but now have a step daughter who lives about 10 minutes out of Sharpsburg makes the trip easier..


Russ
Semper Fi
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,361
L
Senior Member
Senior Member
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,361
Originally Posted by F4UDash4
Originally Posted by rwatson
Watched 'Schindler's List" Last night I don't think any movie moved me as much as that one had wet eyes constantly through out it



Watch "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas".

It is a must see, once. I won't watch it again.


I'm not at all sure about that recommendation. It is a very 'odd' story.

The message I took from it was that a bunch of Jews, Poles and other undesirables were eliminated, but that the death of the Nazi commandant's son through stupidity and naivete was a tragedy.


I was aware that there was a controversy about the book, and after reading it (it was a set book at my daughter's school), I am unusually going to side with the Rabbi's who took offence at it.

Schindler's List is a far better and more moving story.

I'd suggest the 2001 movie with Kenneth Branagh - "Conspiracy", or films such as "The Reader" or alternate history "Fatherland" over TBitSP.

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,163
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,163
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by Lieste
Originally Posted by F4UDash4
Originally Posted by rwatson
Watched 'Schindler's List" Last night I don't think any movie moved me as much as that one had wet eyes constantly through out it



Watch "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas".

It is a must see, once. I won't watch it again.


I'm not at all sure about that recommendation. It is a very 'odd' story.

The message I took from it was that a bunch of Jews, Poles and other undesirables were eliminated, but that the death of the Nazi commandant's son through stupidity and naivete was a tragedy.




The Holocaust is a horrific story that people should be reminded of. Seeing it through the eyes of children is exceptionally moving.



That "nazis' son" was every bit as innocent as anyone in the concentration camp, how is that difficult to understand???


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
W
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
Wife and I went to see Darkest Hour Tuesday night. If your a WW2 history buff, I believe you will like it. I have one complaint, but will withhold it until others have seen it.

Page 129 of 442 1 2 … 127 128 129 130 131 … 441 442

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,655 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1