|
|
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751 |
Yeah Bib I did grasp the basics but all that black hole and time tripping stuff and event horizion was above me,,,but I did enjoy the movie..And Matt Damon screwed himself
Russ Semper Fi
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464 Likes: 18
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464 Likes: 18 |
Hell or High Water It's about a two brothers trying to save their farm, by robbing banks. It has Chris Pin and Ben Foster as the brother with Jeff Daniels as the Texas Ranger trying to stop them. All three of which do a pretty good job.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044 Likes: 26
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044 Likes: 26 |
Spectre on Amazon Prime. Wheels
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368 Likes: 19
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368 Likes: 19 |
Hell or High Water It's about a two brothers trying to save their farm, by robbing banks. It has Chris Pin and Ben Foster as the brother with Jeff Daniels as the Texas Ranger trying to stop them. All three of which do a pretty good job.
That was a great film. It's on my repeat watch list.
If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 243
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 243 |
Last movie, last night actually: Their Finest Hour." Slow moving British WWII movie about the Propaganda Ministry. Not recommended.
Before that , "The Lost City of Z." Very l o n g and s l o w moving. not that interesting.
Before that, "The Exception." Another British WWII movie, Fairly predictable, slow moving.
Before that, "The Zoo Keepers Wife", set in Warsaw at the beginning of WWII. Another fairly predictable story. Even Jessica Chastain, for whom I have a thing...) was pretty bland until about half way through.
Obviously, I'm not doing well with movies!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
|
|
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465 |
War for the Planet of the Apes.
Very good movie. Some of the best performance capture effects I have ever seen.
I liked Dawn of the Planet of the Apes better plot wise, but this was a well deserved good ending for the trilogy.
Possibly one of the best acted (with consistently good cast), best written, and best special effects in a movie trilogy in the last few years.
Also, a bit underappreciated, I feel. Half the place was empty on a Saturday night. Everyone seem to have been at the Spiderman screening.
Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 07/16/17 06:38 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,150 Likes: 190
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,150 Likes: 190 |
"Full Metal Jacket" last night.
Great flick.
US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars: 1925 - $153.00 2025 - $20,497.00
"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)
"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751 |
Russ Semper Fi
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,525 Likes: 2
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,525 Likes: 2 |
Watched "Flight" with Denzel Washingon last night. Good movie. Watching "Night Shift" now with Micheal Keaton. LMAO. Love Brokers!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,841 Likes: 2
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,841 Likes: 2 |
This was a promotional week with Comcast/Xfinity for free HBO, so I caught up on some movies I missed at the theater
1. The nice guys. Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling. Offbeat action adventure comedy. It had a few good moments 2. Batman versus Superman. Meh! until Wonder woman showed up, and as usual she was Gal-liscious 3. 2 episodes of Westworld. I usually get hooked on these by the second episode and can't stop watching. I love westerns and most sci-fi, but this one just didn't hook me. Today's the last day of the free service, so I may watch another episode or two, but there seems to be little there to draw me back. I think it has to do with the fact that most of the cast are supposed to be robots, which are pretty hard to identify with or have any empathy for. So far none of the human characters have managed to interest me either.
We also went to see Despicable 3 last week. It was entertaining and as usual the minions were lots of fun.
Cheers
Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032 Likes: 66 |
Just watched the first episode of season 7 of Game of Thrones. As expected it was most excellent.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,181
Bug Stompe....Quisling Member
|
|
Bug Stompe....Quisling Member
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,181 |
Tale of Tales, entertaining if you like dark fantasy set around the 17th century. Its weird as it takes three stories where a queen eats the heart of a beast to sire a son, a king who raises a giant flea and two elder sisters who desire to grow younger by flaying their skin.
Last edited by DaBBQ; 07/17/17 06:17 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 20,152
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 20,152 |
Just watched the first episode of season 7 of Game of Thrones. As expected it was most excellent. yep, did not disappoint at all.
XboxLive Tag: DOBrienTG1969 Dave O'Brien,Top Gun PhotographyNikon D500 & D7200 Nikkor 70-200VR AF-s F/2.8 Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8 Sigma 150-600
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
|
|
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465 |
3. 2 episodes of Westworld. I usually get hooked on these by the second episode and can't stop watching. I love westerns and most sci-fi, but this one just didn't hook me. Today's the last day of the free service, so I may watch another episode or two, but there seems to be little there to draw me back. I think it has to do with the fact that most of the cast are supposed to be robots, which are pretty hard to identify with or have any empathy for. So far none of the human characters have managed to interest me either.
Cheers I happen to have the same experience regarding Westworld. it simply did not grab me. I cannot sympathize with the synthetics, and it seems like an overly complicated drama on a detected malfunction, and no one throws the off switch on this mess. I can't deny the quality of the production or the acting. Still feels like a rejected network show with nudity and cursing. Too much exposition. For myself, it never got to 'the point". I had to push myself to finish the season two months after I had stopped watching.
Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 07/17/17 04:37 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032 Likes: 66 |
What else can you say besides that there's no show out there that will appeal to everyone? I personally love "Westworld" and there was never a moment during any episode where I felt bored or was losing interest.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 693
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 693 |
Anyone see "Dark Mountain Side" ?
Indie horror I found on Amazon Prime. I greatly enjoyed it. Sort of a love letter to John Carpenter's "The Thing" but not a direct mimicry of it either. Sort of a minimalist "The Thing" theme with supernatural overtones. Again highly recommended if that sounds like its your jam.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 709
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 709 |
I saw Focus with Will Smith. Pretty decent - nice twists and turns along the way.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752 |
Kong: Skull Island - C GOTG2 - B+ Wonderwoman - B Spiderman Homecoming - B- Megan Leavey - A-
None of these movies are worh the $10+ each the movie industry is demanding of the audience.
Last edited by Vinz_Clortho; 07/23/17 02:13 PM.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx
“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman
Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,866
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,866 |
Merlin. (The newish one)
It was awful but my wife loved it.
This is Bobby Rahal, thanks for playing the trial version of Microsoft's CART Precision Racing
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751 |
Just watched Games Of Thrones for the first time..grabbed me right away..Went to the library and got the first two books to tey to figure out whats going on,,,Also grabbed the first season of Rome as suggested here,,,
Russ Semper Fi
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|