|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292 |
I just ordered an Oculus Rift so I should be on here a lot more starting next week. Better relearn all of my control mappings.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082 |
A good HOTAS layout plus a good voice command software (Voice Attack) should help a lot with this and with immersion. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794 |
Should be a treat, I've heard that Elite is fantastic with VR. Most appealing to me would be planet surfaces in the SRV.
WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292 |
HOTAS I have already with the warthog. I'll look into the voice control!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292 |
Does Voice Attack work with everything like DCS and all that?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082 |
It should; I see no reason why it wouldn't. I use VA with Elite and BMS.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,920
I have a Rather Large Senior Member
|
|
I have a Rather Large Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,920 |
yes VA works with any games that have keys to press
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292 |
Holy smokes I am loving VR. Everything looks massive. I just need to start making money now and buy a new ship. I have the Cobra MK3 and 4 but have to find something better for bounty hunting. Any suggestions?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082 |
Vulture... but it hasn't got the legs so it's only useful if you park it at a system where you know you'll be BH-ing a lot. FAS.... a lot of pilots seem to like this ship.
But really, the Cobra is a very versatile ship and for the money it costs to outfit it, it will serve you well and is really a great bang-for-your-buck ship. Just need to pick your targets carefully, but I would say that's the case until you get to the FAS or FdL or bigger.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292 |
The other thread has me thinking about going for the Python next.
Last edited by USMC BEANS; 08/14/17 02:09 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082 |
Well, unless you have a good way of grinding credits, the Python starts at 57M credits... whereas the Vulture starts at 5M credits and the FAS is around 20M credits.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292 |
I have about $30 million saved up and can earn about a million an hour bounty hunting. More if I go to the high conflict zones. Plus I think there are still some stations that have a 15% discount on it. I don't mind traveling to buy. I really want to try some multicrew with you guys at some point. We should set up a day to play like we used to.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082 |
30M can disappear very quickly. Try A-rating a Vulture and you'll see how that cheap 5M-credit ship can quickly eat up your 30M. That quickly limits your options. Also remember that unless you have other ships in your hangar, you'll be stuck in that ship for a while until you save up enough credits again to buy another ship.... then save up enough credits again to outfit that ship properly....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368 Likes: 19
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368 Likes: 19 |
How clear are the in-game menus with the Rift? Can they be easily read?
I see the Rift is on sale atm (£399 with 2 controllers) with about a week left on the sale. I have little interest in the typical VR games,in fact I doubt I'd even use the controllers. I'm more into the 'cockpit' experience. I still think the resolution of the screen is too low but I guess the 2nd gen sets are some way off.
If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082 |
Yeah, I can trade using VR. Just a pain to navigate the Galaxy Map and the beautiful detail of the interals and externals of the space stations are lost in VR...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 624
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 624 |
Same here, I've played in VR only and traded a lot this way without problem. Some details are lost for sure, but being in the cockpit is priceless for me. I could never play on monitor again (I've actually tried recently given that I've got to monitor my 3 months old daughter and VR is not great for that - I couldn't enjoy the game this way anymore - instead I'm enjoying turn based strategy games when playing on monitor, which are also perfect to jump in and out between nappy changes)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082 |
3x 27" monitors on Surround configuration with TrackIR.... lots of time spent on the Asp and Anaconda. VR still managed to blow my mind in immersion. The Asp cockpit has wonderful visibility and I could easily see that looking at the cockpit from the external view. I flew the Asp using TrackIR with three screens, but going into VR, I was still blown away with the visibility in the Asp cockpit. The Anaconda and the Imperial Cutter bridges were BIG.... and the Imperial Eagle and Courier were cramped, fighter-like cockpits. I am amazed how it was very easy to impart this on VR and how it cannot be properly "felt" on a Surround monitor setup.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|