SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#4367807 07/06/17 08:46 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 58
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 58
Wasn't there a video tute on how to fly this aircraft? It is one of my favorite to fly but I'm sure the real one could NOT have been this difficult to operate.

stoney66 #4367842 07/07/17 12:21 AM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
Hear, hear! According to my research the eindecker could fly on it's side, carry a ton of bombs and generally wreck face! Why has OBD given us this underpowered deathtrap in place of what history clearly shows was the air superiority vehicle of 1918?


The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
stoney66 #4367846 07/07/17 01:16 AM
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 802
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 802
I found a discussion here - http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36205

Here is another link with a review from an actual flight. https://books.google.com/books?id=M...i%20flight%20characteristics&f=false



Last edited by Stache; 07/07/17 01:57 AM.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909
stoney66 #4367952 07/07/17 07:29 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 58
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 58
Thanks gents, I do appreciate the info. But I remember a vid where a fellow was describing various maneuvers in a WOFF Fok. E.III. He was describing the best use of the rudder over the wing warping to achieve sustained level flight and combat movers. I just wanted to view it again as it was interesting to me.

stoney66 #4367999 07/08/17 12:30 AM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 108
Member
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 108
The main advantage of the E.I-III series is that it was a gun platform which the entente had no answer for at the time. It was not the fastest, most maneuverable or reliable plane for its time, it was just capable of bringing a lot of firepower to a target in close range and wreak havoc.

Other than that aspect, it was a death trap for the inexperienced. Keeping in mind... aviation was only 10 years old when the E.I was first taking flight.

The wing warping concept was the flavor of the day, which is probably the WORST way to control an airfoil. Given that, one would expect the E.I/II/III to be very difficult to fly.

I think the E series FM in WOFFUE is spot on for what you would imagine out of a such a primitive plane design.

All the best,

OvS


The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 93
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 93
Originally Posted by Rick_Rawlings
Hear, hear! According to my research the eindecker could fly on it's side, carry a ton of bombs and generally wreck face! Why has OBD given us this underpowered deathtrap in place of what history clearly shows was the air superiority vehicle of 1918?


Hahaha! What a coincidence, I just saw that movie and spent the whole drive home complaining bitterly about that scene to my friends. They were not amused.

stoney66 #4369360 07/15/17 04:50 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 907
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 907
Hi all.
Sorry for the late Reply - a lot of work, currently...
You probably mean this:

Fokker Training

I still have to make the Combat-Training-Video... I'll try to do that within the next Weeks...

Greetz, Nietzsche

stoney66 #4369513 07/16/17 08:46 PM
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 802
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 802
Nice video Nietzsche.

I think you should add more tags / description to YouTube info.

This would help make it easier to find when doing a search.

e.g. WOFF "Wings over Flanders Fields" Eindecker WW1 "World War 1" "Fokker EIII"


Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909
stoney66 #4369656 07/17/17 04:36 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 907
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 907
Oh, I already have tagged it - I guess it's hard to find, because it is a bit older and has only been watched a couple of times.
The Combat- Video might take some Time... just got another Project, today... but I'll start making it asap...


Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,305 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1