SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Ant #4359215 05/24/17 02:57 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,040
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,040
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by Ant
That game sounds good, unfortunately, I'm pretty much exclusively a console gamer these days, so a Steam game isn't much use to me now frown



Why the sad face? I'm assuming you are exclusively a console gamer by choice?


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

PanzerMeyer #4359228 05/24/17 03:49 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,976
A
Ant Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,976
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by Ant
That game sounds good, unfortunately, I'm pretty much exclusively a console gamer these days, so a Steam game isn't much use to me now frown



Why the sad face? I'm assuming you are exclusively a console gamer by choice?


Yes, but it's been largely a bittersweet choice borne out of a growing reluctance to maintain a 'Gaming PC' with all that entails, such as hardware upgrades, performance settings/problems, tweaks etc. Particularly as most of the better games I want to play these days are on console anyway. There are still a few PC only games I'd like to play but just can't be bothered dropping a few hundred pounds for a new gaming rig to replace my old PC only to find that I've played one game and then gone back to playing console titles for the next six months.

Bib4Tuna #4359230 05/24/17 04:19 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
"Box" cover art:

[Linked Image]


Yep...that's what they are going for.

They even have a radio tower in the background.... biggrin

Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 05/24/17 04:27 PM.
Bib4Tuna #4359231 05/24/17 04:31 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,165
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,165
Likes: 190
Count me out.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Bib4Tuna #4359306 05/24/17 09:53 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
Pilgrim
Veteran
Pilgrim
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
That's what I figured....


John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Bib4Tuna #4359316 05/24/17 10:22 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,699
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,699
What is that though, a P-51?


Airplanes are now built to carry a pilot and a dog in the cockpit: the pilot's job is
to feed the dog, and the dog's job is to bite the pilot if he touches anything...

- Arlen Rens, Lockheed Martin test pilot
Bib4Tuna #4359318 05/24/17 10:55 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
V
Veteran
Veteran
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
Is this being created by Ubisoft Montreal?


"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman

Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
Aeronautico #4359319 05/24/17 11:08 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,630
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,630
Originally Posted by Aeronautico
What is that though, a P-51?


Looks somewhat like a Hispano 1112 gunning down some kind of DHC Beaver on floats!


Murphy's Law says, "Whatever can go wrong, will, and when you least expect it."
(And, of course, we all know that Murphy was an aviator.)

*aka Flying-V*
Bib4Tuna #4359368 05/25/17 07:26 AM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,699
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,699
I don't know: guns positioning, rockets rails, yellow nose and the metal finishing with the black "bonnet" all point to a P-51 to me


Airplanes are now built to carry a pilot and a dog in the cockpit: the pilot's job is
to feed the dog, and the dog's job is to bite the pilot if he touches anything...

- Arlen Rens, Lockheed Martin test pilot
Bib4Tuna #4359384 05/25/17 11:02 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,040
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,040
Likes: 66
I'm pretty sure I'll be skipping on this one. The only reason I got Far Cry 4 was for the cooperative mode.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Bib4Tuna #4359398 05/25/17 12:40 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,338
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,338
I love the box art... attacks white males..guns.. christians... and any sort of unity among that... what a joke of ultimate underlying PC crap.

Bib4Tuna #4359410 05/25/17 02:05 PM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
I see nothing wrong with it. It's just a game, I'll take out nutty rednecks just as easily as Bolivian drug lords, African warlords, Eurotrash terrorists, inner city gangs, PMC soldiers, Russian mobsters, Yakuza enforcers...
And have a good time doing it. wink


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Bib4Tuna #4359413 05/25/17 02:19 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
They are making fun of the Last Supper? Seriously? Well, I loved the series, but I can't consciously support blatant Christian bashing anymore. I guess I'll skip this one. One day folks will learn to separate their philosophies and dogmas from their hatred of others, but I guess, for now, they won't. It is okay to have differences, and even share them, and yes, people will be prejudiced, but if you're going to make a game about it, or a film, or a novel, or a story, then at least show both sides and illustrate the hypocrisy of hatred, not belittle one group because you can.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 05/25/17 02:21 PM.
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,841
Likes: 2
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,841
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
I see nothing wrong with it. It's just a game, I'll take out nutty rednecks just as easily as Bolivian drug lords, African warlords, Eurotrash terrorists, inner city gangs, PMC soldiers, Russian mobsters, Yakuza enforcers...
And have a good time doing it. wink


+1


Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,112
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,112
Likes: 82
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
I see nothing wrong with it. It's just a game, I'll take out nutty rednecks just as easily as Bolivian drug lords, African warlords, Eurotrash terrorists, inner city gangs, PMC soldiers, Russian mobsters, Yakuza enforcers...
And have a good time doing it. wink


+2.

I'm happy that I have no capacity to conscientiously object to video games.

I've played each FC that came before, and I will get this one too. I might love it, I might not. But box art won't be the deciding factor. What I think having played it a bit will.

FC has given me some great moments.

I loved the water in the first Far Cry. It was like nothing before. And all of the vegetation that made sneaking around so much fun. Setting brush fires in FC2. Going for joyrides on boats or hang gliders in FC3. The little helicontraption in FC4, lobbing grenades from the launcher at anything and everything passing below. Watching my son go on a rampage atop an elephant and laughing as he flipped cars and rhinos. Vas is one of the best, most compelling characters in any video game I've played.

So yeah, I'll get it.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Bib4Tuna #4359436 05/25/17 04:09 PM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
I see Ubi is playing it safe.


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
PFunk #4359438 05/25/17 04:22 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,040
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,040
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by PFunk
I see Ubi is playing it safe.



Whatever it takes to bring in high sales.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
PFunk #4359446 05/25/17 04:57 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,165
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,165
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by PFunk
I see Ubi is playing it safe.



I don't know about that, potentially offending 70% of Americans doesn't seem like a safe bet to me.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Bib4Tuna #4359459 05/25/17 07:13 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
Everyone is missing the point. Look at the hair. Look at the plaid. Look at the bootleg booze bottle when they clearly have the money to afford nice clothes, fancy watches, and all that weaponry

They are not drinking Bud, or Coors, or ICE. They got beer from a microbrewery. And that is a gourmet Kobe steak if I've seen one.

These aren't neo-nazi cultists.

These are millennials.

Bib4Tuna #4359461 05/25/17 07:38 PM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
...and they must be stopped!


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,811 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1