SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
MarkG #4357730 05/16/17 09:43 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,849
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,849
Originally Posted by MarkG
Think I'm going to watch The Running Man tonight, maybe with commentary. I have the "Special Edition" 2-disc version, looks like allot of crap on here that might be interesting.



Don't know if I could handle an Arnold or even a Jessie commentary.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Falstar
Originally Posted by MarkG
Think I'm going to watch The Running Man tonight, maybe with commentary. I have the "Special Edition" 2-disc version, looks like allot of crap on here that might be interesting.



Don't know if I could handle an Arnold or even a Jessie commentary.


Nah, back cover reads...

> Audio Commentary with Producer Tim Zinnemann and Director Paul Michael Glaser
> Audio Commentary with Rob Cohen - Executive Producer

Guess I get to choose.




The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,718
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,718
I watched it again a few weeks ago, and it more or less holds up - if one thinks futuristic instead of nostalgic.

Sort of like the original Total Recall.


The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
Dart #4357799 05/17/17 10:57 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by Dart


Sort of like the original Total Recall.



Total Recall came out in 1990 so at least the wild big 80's hair for women had died down a bit by then. It doesn't scream 80's nearly as much to me as Running Man.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
MarkG #4357939 05/17/17 10:36 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834
Lifer
Lifer
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834
Originally Posted by MarkG


Nah, back cover reads...

> Director Paul Michael Glaser




Miss that Red Gran Torino though....

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Man, I didn't know who Paul Michael Glaser was until I looked it up. I didn't watch Starsky and Hutch often back in the day but the movie (2004) is one of our favorites (he and David Soul had a cameo at the end)! Love the ending credits, lots of Red Gran Torino mishaps to the tune of Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion".

Didn't watch TRM yet, other half had other ideas, will watch it this weekend.



The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Dart #4357981 05/18/17 03:57 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,849
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,849
Originally Posted by Dart
20 minute workout, better known as Everything Great About The 1980's:



There was a trend that if a show was going down in ratings, just add dancing girls. One knew that Fantasy Island was going to be cancelled soon when they began featuring a dancing number.




I had forgotten they were Kelly LeBrock clones. The ones I remember though had no talking, just the music.

Dart #4357982 05/18/17 03:58 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,849
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,849


They were more like this one.


Last edited by Falstar; 05/18/17 04:07 AM.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
^ I knew in the first 5 secs. of the first video, the wording and instruction, that this was going to be good, made even better with the Lipps, Inc. sounding background music! biggrin



The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Decided to add my own contribution of 80's eye candy to the OT part of this thread (nice ending)...

EDIT: Oops, it was another clip with the nice ending, can't find it now. Damn...been watching too many of these over lunch, now my monthly daytime bandwidth is all used up. frown



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKrNCjzgHxY


LB4LB, I really enjoyed watching that Solid Gold clip, thanks.

Last edited by MarkG; 05/19/17 06:01 PM.


The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943

Originally Posted by Falstar


They were more like this one.



Back then I'd no longer be Master of My Own Domain. I remember watching this in a hospital room and the nurse came in. I was all of 21 or so. After feeling like I just got caught watching porn she turned to me and said, "Well, that's one way to make sure the heart surgery was successful."

Dart #4359127 05/24/17 03:42 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted by Dart
Originally Posted by DaBBQ
Because we grew out of the 80's and made everything pg-13.

As God is my witness, I miss high cut work out leotards.

And dedicated dancing girls for shows.

Code
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZlXF6DVncA[/video]


The only thing that would make that more erotic would be leg warmers. wink

[edit]

No way in hell a studio would let two minutes of run time devoted to dancing girls in a major motion picture today.

Lol that scene is pure 1980's cheese Dart.
Imagine my shock when the movie was first released and I saw that I went to High School with one of the dancers. She was a Laker girl at the time.
https://youtu.be/EZlXF6DVncA?t=1m18s
(She is the first dancer on the left. Never understood the reasoning behind the hairstyle they gave her though...)
She never made it big in Hollywood but she did do a few movies and had a tv series that lasted about two years.

Other famous alums of my HS were Janet Evans, Shawn Ray, and Bret Boone.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Dorado_High_School_%28Placentia,_California%29#Notable_alumni


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
DM #4359192 05/24/17 01:14 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 19,381
newbie
Veteran
newbie
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 19,381
Originally Posted by DM
The Running Man itself was a terrible adaption of the book though (and not a good film regardless IMO). Definitely time for a proper remake/version.


Loved the book, very dark. Movie felt campy as hell.


My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships


Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,571
Likes: 2
I'm going to have to read the book.

Watched TRM over the weekend but without commentary (going to do that soon, wife wanted to watch it with me for real) and it's still everything I love about over-the-top 80's flicks, except the parts that make me cringe. biggrin



The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,912
Likes: 32
D
DM Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,912
Likes: 32
If I remember it correctly the book was originally written under Stephen King's pseudonym Richard Bachmnan? Regardless it can still be found under Stephen King smile


"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,452 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1