SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 73 of 112 1 2 … 71 72 73 74 75 … 111 112
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 115
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 115
Great thanks erichos

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
Just a quick update to say I think Buncan's advice on connecting 10k ohm resistors from Data Next/SER pins to Power/5v (pullup) on the 74HC165 shift registers is good , I also did the 104 Capacitors mentioned (PWR pin to CE Pin which is to GND) and I no longer seem to have the occasional "ghost" button press flash up in VKB button Tester anymore. I was still getting these after adding the 10k ohm resistor between my own DATA Pin (Miso) on the PCB and Pin 9 (Q7) of the 1st Chip as Erichos advised too ,( which stopped the continuous flashing of all buttons if the wires were too long?).

Pin Names depend on the manufacuter I think ..see below ..... but MegaMozg also has his own names in his PCB layout Files if you are looking at those.

KB
Attachments
74HC165_pinouts.png

Last edited by Kbird; 05/11/17 12:18 AM.

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 7
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 7
Will MMJOY2 work with MAC OS?

Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456

I "think" it is Windows based but once the Stick / throttle is programmed it does not need to run in the background as the firmware is uploaded to the Arduino Board , so you could likely use the joystick on a Mac too once programmed , perhaps on an old Windows laptop or netbook? , not sure if it would work under that Parallels or Wine? Mac has , as you can tell I am not a Mac Person smile


My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
MMjoy2 firmware create a USB HID device.

If that Mac support USB HID...

Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 115
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 115
Kbird/erichos/Sokol1

I am not convinced that the magnets with the TLE5010 are actually Diametrically polarised. In tests, I made sure what was N/S on some RE magnets (used water and foam test) that I have and whenever they came within range of the small magnets that came with the board the 2 always ended up flat to flat and not on a side to the flat of the RE. I tried the needle test as suggested by bolelas. The needle test on RE always flicked to the flat on either side with a quite definite no go zone around the side of the magnet. I get the same reaction when doing the same test on the magnets as supplied with the boards. I also tied the magnets in some foam sitting on top of water and they quite quickly turned with a flat to the north when placed them in the foam on their sides.

However when placing 2 magnets that came with the TLE5010 boards close together they would not join flat to flat - only a side to a flat.

Any thoughts

Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
Perhaps You have one Diametrically magnetised and one Axially magnetised then?

Your RE Magnet maybe strong enough to overpower the small TLE Magnet? as far as trying to get them to join North/South...not sure

After my issues following the instructions to mount them vertically like Penzeja and then finding that I had Diametrically magnetise magnets I am thinking the Seller on Aliexpress , just sends whatever 4mm or 6mm magnets they have handy when it's ready to ship as Penzeja had to mount his vertically to get them to work so his were axially magnetised and came from the same Seller.

KB

Last edited by Kbird; 05/16/17 04:34 AM.

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 115
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 115
Originally Posted by Kbird
Perhaps You have one Diametrically magnetised and one Axially magnetised then?

..... I am thinking the Seller on Aliexpress , just sends whatever 4mm or 6mm magnets they have handy..

KB


Yep I agree with you Kbird. I have just checked all 4 magnets that came with boards and I have 3 normal and just 1 Diametrically magnetised magnet.

I have given up and ordered some 6x2.5mm Diametrically magnetised magnets from local Australian firm. Will be a little easier to handle as well.
Cheers

Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 7
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 7
Thank you Sokol1 and KBIRD
Only one way - I need to try it.

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1
Hi,
I am new one here. I am very glad to use Mmjoy2 but I have small problem with my new 44 buttons box. I can bind only 32 buttons with the switch (ON, OFF, timers option). Can you help me to use more than 32 buttons, please.
All the best,
Stulee

Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by Barra
Originally Posted by Kbird
Perhaps You have one Diametrically magnetised and one Axially magnetised then?

..... I am thinking the Seller on Aliexpress , just sends whatever 4mm or 6mm magnets they have handy..

KB


Yep I agree with you Kbird. I have just checked all 4 magnets that came with boards and I have 3 normal and just 1 Diametrically magnetised magnet.

I have given up and ordered some 6x2.5mm Diametrically magnetised magnets from local Australian firm. Will be a little easier to handle as well.
Cheers



Good Idea.... I almost did the same thing ...it was a highly frustrating experience.

KB


My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by Stulee
Hi,
I am new one here. I am very glad to use Mmjoy2 but I have small problem with my new 44 buttons box. I can bind only 32 buttons with the switch (ON, OFF, timers option). Can you help me to use more than 32 buttons, please.
All the best,
Stulee


Hi Stulee,

Only the 1st 32 buttons can have Modes, Timers etc programmed to them , the other 96 buttons will only Operate as "Normal" buttons, it is a limitation of the Firmware , I think due to the size of the Firmware memory chip and how much it can store.

KB.


My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 35
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 35
Hi,
I am confused. I was preparing to solder cables to plugs for two TLE5010 sensors, everything seemed to be clear, but... I am stucked.

Following pins for sure can be shared:
MOSI
MISO
SCK

CS must be unique.

What about VCC and GND? I don't see any reason why it should be separated.

How many wires do I need? 7? 9? How do you solve it?

Last edited by sunrrrise; 05/17/17 09:51 PM.
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
Hi just did mine a few weeks ago ...someone posted this image for me .....

it is 7.....VCC and GND are always common ( or can be) AFAIK

it is important to determine the type of magnets you have as it seems the Seller of these Boards is Shipping ANY magnet they have in stock ,
not the diametrically magnetised ones needed (best) as Barra just found out above and Penzija before that.
Attachments
TLE_5010_arduino_pro_micro.jpg Magnetic Poles.jpg


My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 115
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 115
Originally Posted by Kbird

it is 7.....VCC and GND are always common ( or can be) AFAIK


? 7 not 6? Kbird

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
Probable he consider "cables to plugs for two TLE5010 sensors", so is 7 as each TLE require one individual cable (CS).

For only one TLE5010 is 6, like the above scheme.




Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by Barra
Originally Posted by Kbird

it is 7.....VCC and GND are always common ( or can be) AFAIK


? 7 not 6? Kbird


He asked if 7 or 9 so I assumed he was wiring 2 x TLE5010 Boards. ie 5 common wires to each Board plus the 2 dedicated CS wires ( CS = chip select )

KB


My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 35
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 35
Thank you! Works like a charm:D

Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 115
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 115
Originally Posted by Kbird
Originally Posted by Barra
Originally Posted by Kbird

it is 7.....VCC and GND are always common ( or can be) AFAIK


? 7 not 6? Kbird


He asked if 7 or 9 so I assumed he was wiring 2 x TLE5010 Boards. ie 5 common wires to each Board plus the 2 dedicated CS wires ( CS = chip select )

KB

Thanks KB/Sokol - I was very interested in answer as I had same question but had just not asked yet. I will eventually wire 3 boards. So that means I will have 8 - 5 common and 3 for CS for each. Correct?

Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by Barra
Originally Posted by Kbird
Originally Posted by Barra
Originally Posted by Kbird

it is 7.....VCC and GND are always common ( or can be) AFAIK


? 7 not 6? Kbird


He asked if 7 or 9 so I assumed he was wiring 2 x TLE5010 Boards. ie 5 common wires to each Board plus the 2 dedicated CS wires ( CS = chip select )

KB

Thanks KB/Sokol - I was very interested in answer as I had same question but had just not asked yet. I will eventually wire 3 boards. So that means I will have 8 - 5 common and 3 for CS for each. Correct?



I would assume that is Correct but I have not wired 3 TLE5010 into one device myself.

KB


My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
Page 73 of 112 1 2 … 71 72 73 74 75 … 111 112

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,339 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1