SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#4347710 03/29/17 07:29 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,866
Likes: 1
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,866
Likes: 1
GunnyHighway helped me do the 'Snatch and Run' on FOB Jaguar to get the SCAR Mk17 rifle. salute

This rifle is a beast. Run it in Single Shot mode, and you will have superior recoil control. Makes nice holes in Unidad armor.

When you absolutely, positively need to put down every Tango inside the building, the HK MP5 is your go to weapon.

And since sometime you want to sneak up and shoot them real quiet like, then hard to be the suppressed Five-seveN pistol.

Next on my Christmas List:

HTI Sniper rifle
MSR Sniper rifle
Mk14 SOCOM Rifle

Last edited by Bill_Grant; 03/29/17 07:30 PM.

~Bill

In my defense, I was left unsupervised...
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Usually SRSA1 & MP5.

Sniper rifle:
SRSA1...quieter, but still a lot of punch.
HT1
Which depends on wanting something quieter or if I need to splatter baddies at long distance or through cover. Normally the SRSA1 is on my back.

SMG:
MP5
sometimes P90.

Assault:
TAR21 w/grenade launcher

All silenced all the time, but with that one "skill" unlocked it isn't handicapped.


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,714
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,714
Sniper Rifle:

HTI primarily. Can one-shot vehicles in some cases, sounds great and is a trusty friend.
G28. Sounds nice, good stats and it's semi-auto. So it's nice in situations where you need those follow-up shots.


SMG:

The Vector. Only SMG I truly like. Insane RoF, when decked out it's also very accurate. Ran with it as my primary for many hours.

Assault Rifle:

SR3M. I love this thing. Very compact, great damage, high RoF, reloads fast, sounds really cool. Favourite weapon in the game by far.
Famas. Another high RoF weapon, almost half the damage of the SR3M but can equip the 50 round mag. So you can hose people when you need it. Saved my ass plenty of times. The RoF combined with the mag size definitely makes up for the damage.

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
LOL, I haven't found any of those guns yet. I'm using a silenced G-36C for general work, silenced M40 for long range, and switch to MG121 or Unidad RPK for big firefights where reloading too often is a death sentence.

I forget which pistol I have, but as I rarely am engaging just one or two at close range I find it rarely used.



The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,197
G
Move, Strike, Protect
Member
Move, Strike, Protect
Member
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,197
Originally Posted by Bill_Grant
GunnyHighway helped me do the 'Snatch and Run' on FOB Jaguar to get the SCAR Mk17 rifle. salute
salute

I am using the G2 which is in reality a silenced FAMAS, long barrel, 50 rds mags, mike-mike, panoramic red dot This is the highest Assault Rifle's ROF of the game. A good shredder.

Then for long range I am using a silenced L115A3, long barrel, 10 rds mag, and a TA31H, which is an ACOG in real life.

Then the side arm is a "Lady Killer".

Camo is the Woodland MARPAT.

I like the FAMAS.

Last edited by Gunnyhighway; 03/29/17 09:21 PM.

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

This is not the bars that keep the Tiger in the cage, this is the space between the bars.
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
I usually roam around carrying a MK17 and a SR645. Although belt fed weapons are great fun for messing around with. I like the M1891 for really long range work, no silencers available for it but so long as the nearest enemy is greater than 100yds it's not a problem.
The SASG is nice for those rebel missions where you have to breach those large buildings and hack the computer.

I also have only unlocked about half the weapons and mods in the game. So I cannot say for sure which is the best of the bunch.

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,197
G
Move, Strike, Protect
Member
Move, Strike, Protect
Member
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,197
Originally Posted by Bill_Grant


Next on my Christmas List:

HTI Sniper rifle
MSR Sniper rifle
Mk14 SOCOM Rifle


Do you know where they are?


Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

This is not the bars that keep the Tiger in the cage, this is the space between the bars.
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Originally Posted by wormfood
I usually roam around carrying a MK17 and a SR645. Although belt fed weapons are great fun for messing around with. I like the M1891 for really long range work, no silencers available for it but so long as the nearest enemy is greater than 100yds it's not a problem.
The SASG is nice for those rebel missions where you have to breach those large buildings and hack the computer.

I also have only unlocked about half the weapons and mods in the game. So I cannot say for sure which is the best of the bunch.



HALF???? I'm not even at a quarter yet...



The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,866
Likes: 1
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,866
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Gunnyhighway
Originally Posted by Bill_Grant


Next on my Christmas List:

HTI Sniper rifle
MSR Sniper rifle
Mk14 SOCOM Rifle


Do you know where they are?



The MSR and HTI are in the Montoyaca province. At West and East locations, respectively.
I have not looked for the M14, but I saw on video it is stashed next to one of those Vehicle Roadblocks, so should be easy to acquire.....


~Bill

In my defense, I was left unsupervised...
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
The weapon and attachment hunts have been some of the most fun missions I've had in the game.
All you start with is knowing the province, you have to seek out intel, interrogate etc until the location is revealed. Then most of the good ones are in tough United Unidad (stupid auto correct!) bases that require some recon and planning.

Last edited by Raw Kryptonite; 03/30/17 03:13 PM. Reason: OCD

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Yes, Unidad can be a bit ridiculous. When you have literally a dozen guys on foot chasing you, and you shoot down 2-3 helicopters every couple of minutes, and they STILL don't give up...



The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
You really need 4 human players to fight those damn Unidad waves effectively.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,714
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,714
Here's a map over the weapons and attachment locations;

http://i.imgur.com/T34ZVxg.jpg

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,197
G
Move, Strike, Protect
Member
Move, Strike, Protect
Member
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,197
Originally Posted by Jedi Master
Yes, Unidad can be a bit ridiculous. When you have literally a dozen guys on foot chasing you, and you shoot down 2-3 helicopters every couple of minutes, and they STILL don't give up...



The Jedi Master


You need to move. When one stays anchored down at the same emplacement, Unidad send reinforcements. When you re-locate fast they lose you.

Somehow realistic for such a small group of operative, frontal confrontation is not an option.


Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

This is not the bars that keep the Tiger in the cage, this is the space between the bars.
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
Originally Posted by Gunnyhighway
Originally Posted by Jedi Master
Yes, Unidad can be a bit ridiculous. When you have literally a dozen guys on foot chasing you, and you shoot down 2-3 helicopters every couple of minutes, and they STILL don't give up...



The Jedi Master


You need to move. When one stays anchored down at the same emplacement, Unidad send reinforcements. When you re-locate fast they lose you.

Somehow realistic for such a small group of operative, frontal confrontation is not an option.

^^^This
If you can hit and run they're always slow in chasing you. Just hide out and let the heat die down. Or if you're playing in multiplayer, get a couple people to make a lot of noise and draw them out of the base and the remaining players can just waltz right in. Just be careful not to get spotted by the helicopters.

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
Originally Posted by Jedi Master
Originally Posted by wormfood
I usually roam around carrying a MK17 and a SR645. Although belt fed weapons are great fun for messing around with. I like the M1891 for really long range work, no silencers available for it but so long as the nearest enemy is greater than 100yds it's not a problem.
The SASG is nice for those rebel missions where you have to breach those large buildings and hack the computer.

I also have only unlocked about half the weapons and mods in the game. So I cannot say for sure which is the best of the bunch.



HALF???? I'm not even at a quarter yet...



The Jedi Master

Maybe, every time I complete couple provinces and the map looks clear I zoom out and realize I have a whole lot left. The map is fairly large and full of crap.
Also, there's way more weapons and attachments than I can count, so it's more of a rough guess.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
B
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
Recon : S1A1 and mpx mpx is a beast in single shot, you can sniper with that smg up to 170m,but in full it goes to the side a lot,you have to control it.
CQB : mp7 ,nice control in full auto, SASG-12 auto shotgun
Assault : L85A2 with GL and MK-48
Night ops/wet works:G36C and mk14 all kited and supressed
Exploration : HTI rifle and Aug (great rifle)

My base sets depends and vary on the region,purpose and daytime, i like to role play that every rebel base has it cache of weapons,but i will always carry sniper with my, online i'm scout and guardian angel.

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
Right now, I have the PS4 version, but after watching all of these comments, I may have to pick up the PC version.

Pistol: 5.7mm
Rifle: SR3M (essentially a tactical AKS-74U) I have mine kitted up with the laser sight, the Russian hybrid scope, and a compensator.
Sniper: I'm still using the M40A5 you're given in the first 30 minutes of the game. I just like it.
Support: Stoner LMG
SMG: MP5


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
It's nice that you can really use any weapon combination and be effective. I hate those games where the starting kit is useless by the end...


The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Different ones for different playstyles. Someone might be very effective with a gun that you just can't survive with, and vice versa. It means there's something for everyone.



The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,123 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1