SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 194
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 194
Win 10 update completely hosed my computer and can no longer boot into windows spent last three weeks trying to rectify this but no joy. Finally bit the bullet and bought a new (and better machine) ;-)... while I still had some hair left! Now not sure what to do. can't deactivate my modules( I have all of them except three plus Nevada for pre purchasing the A10 So how do I go about reinstalling every thing into the new rig? Any help would be appretiated

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,771
P
Oberkriegkaboomf�hrer
Hotshot
Oberkriegkaboomf�hrer
Hotshot
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,771
I have never deactivated a single DCS module before reinstalling. Had a HD crash last year and installed everything new, no problems. IIRC you get 10 activations per module and when those run out, a new one once a month.

My suggestion would be to download the latest version of DCS World, log in, go to the module manager in DCSW and download&activate all modules.


"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 194
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 194
Hi Parra_Bellum, One of the first things I did was download DCS world (been going through withdrawals this past month) and installed and the box came up with all my modules checked but when I clicked OK it said had to install bs1 first (gonna have to dig through the basement to find that sucker!)Now it was late and maybe I missed something but I should be able to fly the SU25 at least Or P51 no? Only options I getting are encyclopedia and exit, instant action is greyed out

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,771
P
Oberkriegkaboomf�hrer
Hotshot
Oberkriegkaboomf�hrer
Hotshot
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,771
Hey ishbu, make sure to download the release version, which is 1.5 and comes with the Caucasus/Black Sea map.

2.0 open alpha only supports the NTTR map, which you have to buy first.


"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm


Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,185 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1