SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 43 of 54 1 2 … 41 42 43 44 45 … 53 54
Paradaz #4307906 11/01/16 01:03 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 4,804
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 4,804
One thing that needs to be considered is the mil customer may have requested additional work. Unsure since they aren't really forthcoming with information.

However if its purely feature creep on the game side, I'd have requested a replacement for the lead engineer long ago. This isn't going to a good PR move. But they've shown to not give a crap about that.

Last edited by ST0RM; 11/01/16 01:04 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Paradaz #4307954 11/01/16 06:45 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 7,375
Likes: 1
S
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 7,375
Likes: 1
I'm astonished after those declaration, the Hornet still a yer to be released? This sim start to seem a real joke. Moving on this.


-Sir in case of retreat, were we have to retreat??
-To the Graveyard!!

sandbagger.uk.com/stratos.html
Paradaz #4308015 11/01/16 12:53 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
With almost nothing about the Hornet shown so far, I'm not at all surprised on the delay. If you'd asked me a month ago I'd have said I don't expect it before the end of 2017.

Now I don't expect it till mid-2018. smile

However, I was expecting 2.5 to be closer.



The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 30
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 30
ED = Eagle Dynamics Extended Delays sigh

Jedi Master #4308038 11/01/16 02:09 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 14,410
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 14,410
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
With almost nothing about the Hornet shown so far, I'm not at all surprised on the delay. If you'd asked me a month ago I'd have said I don't expect it before the end of 2017.

Now I don't expect it till mid-2018. smile

However, I was expecting 2.5 to be closer.



The Jedi Master


these news gave my Cats pause



Paradaz #4308157 11/01/16 08:51 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Your cats had no paws before they heard this? That's really...weird.



The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 6
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 6
Originally Posted By: mister_mystic68
ED = Eagle Dynamics Extended Delays sigh


Seems that way.

Jedi Master #4308275 11/02/16 09:47 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 14,410
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 14,410
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Your cats had no paws before they heard this? That's really...weird.



The Jedi Master


biggrin

Paradaz #4308353 11/02/16 04:17 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 839
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 839
Great picture! biggrin

Paradaz #4308514 11/02/16 11:35 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 14,410
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 14,410
smile

Paradaz #4308666 11/03/16 12:42 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 277
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 277
WOW, i'm not surprised at all about these delays. I've been playing modern combat sims since 90's (except for lomac series) and no other product has disappointed me as much as DCS, even civil aviation gives me way more pleasure than DCS (and i prefer way more military over civil). I regret that i wasted my money of DCS world for products that provided entertainment for just a short amount of time and a lot of headaches due to its bugs or bad implementation (eg. weapon behavior, AI). Since they don't have dynamic campaign, you would at least expect well designed missions, instead it's rather then opposite. You either have the same enemies pattern with just a few difference (a-10 missions) or missions with the difficulty raised above the normal because the weapons doesn't work as it should and you wing is rather inefficient (f-15 missions) or unrealistic mission (SEAD with an A-10).
On their forum you can see defenders keep saying that all those issues will be addressed with time, you just have to pump money to make it possible and yet after years they are still providing the same old product with just visual upgrades and more bugs.
Nothing against Russians, but call this coincidence it is the same old tape that you can read on BoS/BoM forum, so i started to not trust overall eastern devs anymore since as someone point out the issues they will be either directly banned or before being banned they will say something like "we know the truth and you know nothing.....i don't care whether you have real knowledge on the topic or not".

Paradaz #4308697 11/03/16 02:43 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 14,410
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 14,410
just my 2c
and specifically about the product DCS
from a perspective of 12 years watching it develop from the early days of Lock On 1.0
it ain't so bad
maybe expectations were not well managed
implementation could be better
it is not so bad that one would delete it from the HD and run for the door
it fact, it is quite good
it is what it is : a work in progress.

back to skin making, did I mention today what a ghastly work intensive template the F-5E template is ? biggrin


xXNightEagleXx #4308735 11/03/16 06:33 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,841
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,841
Originally Posted By: xXNightEagleXx

On their forum you can see defenders keep saying that all those issues will be addressed with time, you just have to pump money to make it possible and yet after years they are still providing the same old product with just visual upgrades and more bugs.
Nothing against Russians, but call this coincidence it is the same old tape that you can read on BoS/BoM forum, so i started to not trust overall eastern devs anymore since as someone point out the issues they will be either directly banned or before being banned they will say something like "we know the truth and you know nothing.....i don't care whether you have real knowledge on the topic or not".



Ditto!

Paradaz #4308777 11/03/16 08:52 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
popcorn

Tom_Weiss #4308852 11/04/16 03:58 AM
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 196
D
(OC) Pythagoras
Member
(OC) Pythagoras
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 196
Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss
just my 2c
and specifically about the product DCS
from a perspective of 12 years watching it develop from the early days of Lock On 1.0
it ain't so bad
maybe expectations were not well managed
implementation could be better
it is not so bad that one would delete it from the HD and run for the door
it fact, it is quite good
it is what it is : a work in progress.

back to skin making, did I mention today what a ghastly work intensive template the F-5E template is ? biggrin


Tom how long does it roughly take generally to do a skin template. I have Photoshop but haven't really looked into skinning.
Guess that I shouldn't start with the F-5E? Recommend a better skin template to start with if I ever get the time..

I do enjoy DCS still even in the current state just as much as I do BMS, for different reasons tho. Such as realistic
way of setting up training mission and that comes different from both of them too.

You can setup a missions in DCS that will play out differently or random each time you play as you know. It's not a
great deal different from BMS looking at simple things like doing a standard mission. Take off drop LGB defend etc.

I do like how you can set up custom radio recordings in DCS set on triggers, can be very immersive if done right.

The main thing that DCS needs that is coming (Two Weeks) is dedicated SEAD aircraft and better ATC and (better/closer?) weapon and damage modeling. I say closer to reality because all this plus the FMs would be ongoing forever potentially with PC evolution. I.E more CPU power more detail and closer to reality then longer wait times because of more coding? mmm frustrating...
Once the SEAD aircraft and at least the ATC are done and then with carrier operations with VR. I may be almost done with BMS perhaps? Sorry Ice..

The WW2 aircraft in DCS do set the bar for me for the "feeling of flight", better than any other sim. I do get a lot of enjoyment just doing laps around the airfield and TRYING to land.

Last edited by David_OC; 11/04/16 05:28 AM.
Paradaz #4308865 11/04/16 06:24 AM
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,922
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,922
I wonder if we'll see any new campaigns before the release of 2.5 popcorn


On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
xXNightEagleXx #4308873 11/04/16 08:12 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,235
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted By: xXNightEagleXx

Nothing against Russians, but call this coincidence it is the same old tape that you can read on BoS/BoM forum, so i started to not trust overall eastern devs anymore since as someone point out the issues they will be either directly banned or before being banned they will say something like "we know the truth and you know nothing.....i don't care whether you have real knowledge on the topic or not".


Thank God for the Russians, is what I say.

Without Il-2 series, CloD, Rise of Flight, DCS high fidelity releases that just keep getting better, BoS/M/K series, combat flight simming is 15 years of wasteland.

tagTaken2 #4308878 11/04/16 08:55 AM
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 196
D
(OC) Pythagoras
Member
(OC) Pythagoras
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 196
Originally Posted By: tagTaken2
Originally Posted By: xXNightEagleXx

Nothing against Russians, but call this coincidence it is the same old tape that you can read on BoS/BoM forum, so i started to not trust overall eastern devs anymore since as someone point out the issues they will be either directly banned or before being banned they will say something like "we know the truth and you know nothing.....i don't care whether you have real knowledge on the topic or not".


Thank God for the Russians, is what I say.

Without Il-2 series, CloD, Rise of Flight, DCS high fidelity releases that just keep getting better, BoS/M/K series, combat flight simming is 15 years of wasteland.


I too take the positive optimistic approach here with simming, easy to overlook the positive and only see the negative (Yes communication could better). Very much looking forward to the next few years with VR and high fidelity sims getting better and better. I will be happy with VR Normandy and the Bf 109 for Xmas.

Edit: Oh you have to mention BMS/falcon in that 15 yeas, otherwise Ice will get upset. We don't really need any other sim lol.

Last edited by David_OC; 11/04/16 09:00 AM.
David_OC #4308881 11/04/16 09:08 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Originally Posted By: David_OC
I may be almost done with BMS perhaps?

With the current pace of ED development, well, like I said, I hope you're not holding your breath.


Originally Posted By: David_OC
Sorry Ice..

Edit: Oh you have to mention BMS/falcon in that 15 yeas, otherwise Ice will get upset. We don't really need any other sim lol.

Can't really make a post without a low personal attack, huh? Or is that your weird attempt at humor? Either way, you really should find something else to do. Like being honest with yourself.

Paradaz #4308885 11/04/16 09:27 AM
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 196
D
(OC) Pythagoras
Member
(OC) Pythagoras
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 196
Yes Ice only kidding, we all know how much you love your BMS I do very much like it too.

Some new DCS pics for you..



DCS: F/A- 18C



DCS B17



ww2 Tanks and Normandy


Spitfire

Last edited by David_OC; 11/04/16 09:35 AM.
Page 43 of 54 1 2 … 41 42 43 44 45 … 53 54

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,079,300 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1