SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 33 1 2 … 14 15 16 17 18 … 32 33
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 802
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 802
To spend time to compose a song to show you are barmy = barmy, no doubt.

Got my vote thumbsup


Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
ActionJoe, no fancy single whatever or that grape stuff. George Dickle with 1 squeeze of a lemon. I say let this man in the door!


Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 350
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 350
Wait, what? If I understood it well, no songs nor champagne?
If someone could help me in german translation, I'll apply to the teutonic chapter, then!


Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

actionjoe, your song most assuredly speaks to your barmy qualifications and I give my vote as well. As to the champagne, we do stock it at the bar but most of the BOC members don't drink it due the fair amount of jostling that occurs throughout the course of any given evening's events. The fizz tends to be uncontrollable, and more so once inside the body than out. None-the-less, if it's champagne you want then it's champagne you shall have - it's your gastrointestinal tract.

.


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 116
Likes: 2
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 116
Likes: 2
Sorry for the delayed response, I've been busy with another video and I usually pay little attention to the world around me. I will happily buy a round (or two) for those who are thirsty. I'm partial to Guinness, Shiner Bock and tawny port. What'll ya'll have?

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 208
Likes: 2
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 208
Likes: 2
Thanks to all the esteemed members who have accepted me into this fine outstanding club. As I have stated before drinks all around and place the bill at my station. Thanks to all!

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Oh, we've already got your tab going at the bar MD! biggrin

By the way, club pins are still available. If you're interested just send me a PM.

BWOC BWOC BWOC!

.


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 157
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'
Member
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'
Member
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 157
Salute Gents,

I've long enjoyed the fruits of the great giving tree that are OFF, WOFF, mods, and the community.
Although short stints I've made in being involved/active in the forums, they're overshadowed by longer periods of "lurking" in the background and following/reading the on-goings of the game & community.
I went up to the Dayton Dawn Patrol Rendezvous and had the great pleasure of meeting some folks I've known only in forums. (Wiggins, Louvert, Stache, Hauksbee to name a few). As per my usual strategy in the WOFF community, I found the WOFF tent and lingered around performing observation haha.

I would humbly throw my credentials for membership in for review, and after some good chuckles relating to the "requirements" and telling my wife across the hall (whom acknowledged my snickers with rolled eyes and head shakes), I felt it necessary to submit myself.

As far as the listed prerequisites, I find myself worthy of recognition for the following:
1 , 2 , 4 , 5 , 10, 13 , 14 , 20.

To go further with things I feel should be listed:

  • When introducing myself as "Jenks" to WOFF or ROF players(RAF28Jenkins for you RB flyers Sopwyth, wink wink wave2 ), I refer to my flying credentials/history of RBII/RB3D and my tournament accomplishments
  • I literally wear my "lucky" scarf when I fly WOFF or ROF. The few times i've forgotten or omitted to my flight s have ended most distastefully
  • I talked my IL2 lan party buddies into playing OFF over our LAN. It worked. It was fun...For me.
  • I Photoshop'd my mug onto a period photo for my DiD Campaign pilot. Because stock photos just weren't immersive enough.
  • I too have composed musical works in reflection to WOFF. Although not on the level of Matt Milne for sure.
  • For those who loose a child, they may wish to adorn their loved one's gravestone/marker/etc with angels, or a lamb. My son received a bronze Se5 scout with the caption "Soaring High In Our Hearts". I know he loves it. smile He's watching my six. Final Preview below.


It would be a great honor to join the ranks of the BOC, and I appreciate your consideration. If still available Louvert, i'll gladly pay the cost for the pin/shipping.

Thanks much,



Last edited by RAF28Jenkins; 10/02/16 03:43 AM.

RAF28Jenks
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
RBWL 3 - 2002


Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
I for one most heartily recommend RAF28JENKS as a member and look to the membership for affirmation! I am polishing the cricket bat in anticipation and re stocking the bar.

What say you all?


(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Jenks, you are most assuredly qualified for membership in our less-than-illustrious group and it is my pleasure to welcome you to the BOC. A bar tab has been started in your name and will be appropriately abused by your fellow club members during the ensuing initiation ceremony. And to that end, Robert - the bat.

Also Jenks, my most heartfelt condolences on the loss of your son. I've no doubt he is now your angel wingman keeping watch. May we all fly together one day across the eternal skies in God's Squadron.

.


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
He definitely has my vote.


Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert
.

Jenks, you are most assuredly qualified for membership in our less-than-illustrious group and it is my pleasure to welcome you to the BOC. A bar tab has been started in your name and will be appropriately abused by your fellow club members during the ensuing initiation ceremony. And to that end, Robert - the bat.

Also Jenks, my most heartfelt condolences on the loss of your son. I've no doubt he is now your angel wingman keeping watch. May we all fly together one day across the eternal skies in God's Squadron.

.


Amen to those thoughts Lou


(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 116
Likes: 2
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 116
Likes: 2
An affirmative vote from me!

Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert
.

Jenks, you are most assuredly qualified for membership in our less-than-illustrious group and it is my pleasure to welcome you to the BOC. A bar tab has been started in your name and will be appropriately abused by your fellow club members during the ensuing initiation ceremony. And to that end, Robert - the bat.

Also Jenks, my most heartfelt condolences on the loss of your son. I've no doubt he is now your angel wingman keeping watch. May we all fly together one day across the eternal skies in God's Squadron.

.


Beautifully stated Lou.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
O
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
Couldn't say it any better than Lou already has - welcome to the club, Jenks!

I believe that the ones who left for the stars and beyond, would not want that we suffer.
Measured on eternity, it will be our own turn only a little later.

Tender, a round for all these barmy men - I guess we could do with some of your best whiskey!


Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Just shoot me...
Member
Just shoot me...
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Well, as usual I'm late to the party! But a hearty welcome to Jenks, whom I had the great pleasure to meet at the Dawn Patrol.

I'll take a shot of that, Olham! And will add my voice to what you and Lou have so nicely stated, as I also have a grandchild waiting for us, and enjoying our glorious hereafter. It's a horrible thing to go through, but we don't sorrow as those who have no hope. The longer I live, the more real Heaven is to me; eternity is written on our hearts. I hope that brings some comfort, as Olham says, your son wants you to live, really live, as he is doing now. You'll be together again.


Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 208
Likes: 2
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 208
Likes: 2
A hearty welcome Jenks as well as a heartfelt round of prayers for you and yours. Lou said it so gracefully as always. I noticed the date on your son's stone my grand-daughter was born the day before. I no I can never know you pain, but I do know the love you must have felt for your son. I know he is watching over you know.

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 157
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'
Member
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'
Member
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 157
Gentlemen,

My sincerest thanks for the kind thoughts and words. Forgive me that I have no words of weight in response. I'm glad to join (formally) the BoC ranks and am happy to report the badge adorns my flying cap for each time my wheels leave the ground. Given the chance in the future, I'll gladly buy a round for the lads and sing a hearty tune to carry the mood for the evening.

Warmest regards,


RAF28Jenks
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
RBWL 3 - 2002


Joined: May 2003
Posts: 952
Likes: 27
Barmy WingNut
Member
Barmy WingNut
Member
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 952
Likes: 27
Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert
.

May we all fly together one day across the eternal skies in God's Squadron.

.


I couldn't have said that better, Lou. Jenks, I am so very sorry.

I also apologize for my tardiness and would also like to welcome you to our illustrious outfit!

A round for Jenks and the rest of the lads, on me!

cheers

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Just shoot me...
Member
Just shoot me...
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Sing? Sing? By George I've got to learn some WWI drinking songs for the next get-together!

(Background - I'm as outgoing and goofy as my wife is proper, retiring, and quiet. So we're out on the bike trail on a beautiful day, when we get to a place where no one can see where it's coming from, I bellow in full baritone voice a line from an old Tony Bennett song, "I-I-I-I-I-T'S THE GOOD LIFE!". My autistic son cracks up laughing and my wife mutters "big mouth...", which cracks him up again.) I do like to sing...!

Have another round, me'boys! beercheers


Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 952
Likes: 27
Barmy WingNut
Member
Barmy WingNut
Member
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 952
Likes: 27
Originally Posted By: HumanDrone
Sing? Sing? By George I've got to learn some WWI drinking songs for the next get-together!

(Background - I'm as outgoing and goofy as my wife is proper, retiring, and quiet. So we're out on the bike trail on a beautiful day, when we get to a place where no one can see where it's coming from, I bellow in full baritone voice a line from an old Tony Bennett song, "I-I-I-I-I-T'S THE GOOD LIFE!". My autistic son cracks up laughing and my wife mutters "big mouth...", which cracks him up again.) I do like to sing...!

Have another round, me'boys! beercheers


Here's a fine World War I era song for us to start with!

biggrin

Page 16 of 33 1 2 … 14 15 16 17 18 … 32 33

Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,994 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1