SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#4291583 08/29/16 07:06 PM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 796
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 796
I have no luck starting F/A-18 under win10.
Had some small success with dgvoodoo, but far from playable.
Anyone any luck?


Freedom of speech is our birth right, but the privilege of being heard needs to be gained.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Staniol #4303283 10/14/16 06:03 PM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 796
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 796
No one?
I am sad frown


Freedom of speech is our birth right, but the privilege of being heard needs to be gained.
Staniol #4303516 10/15/16 09:36 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,567
E
Senior Member
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,567
Staniol, I was hoping for positive responses to your question. I too have been unable to run JF/A-18 on Win 10. It ran very well on Win 7. Googling for solutions did not produce any specific ways to succeed in running it on Win 10. I am surprised that there are not more reports one way or another about this, since Windows 10 has a high adoption rate, and the sim was popular.

Either no one who has Windows 10 also wants to fly F/A-18, or has given up trying. Or perhaps those with Win 10 maintain Win 7 or earlier for the sim?

Eugene


Eugene
i9-9600K
GeForce 2080ti
Creative Z
Win10
32 gig RAM
Cougar
Staniol #4303572 10/16/16 03:24 AM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 56
V
Junior Member
Junior Member
V Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 56
As far as I know, Win 10 is basically the end for Jane's F-18. Those of us still flying it are using win 7 or XP. I don't know if DOSBOX might work, but so far, nobody on the forum that I can tell has been able to get Jane's F-18 to run natively under windows 10. you could try a Virtual Machine but I think there are issues with GPU and VM with video games.


The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. - Douglas Adams
Staniol #4303698 10/16/16 08:31 PM
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 13
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 13
Apparently - that is why I have dug up my old XP machine back form 2003 and got that to run again - to back up my Jane's F/A-18 Win& installation, but so far i haven't gotten that to run it in there yet. Too busy doing the missions in the naval aviation.


Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,195 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1