SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 41 of 112 1 2 … 39 40 41 42 43 … 111 112
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
Hello.-

I am thinking of building a radio stack for microsfot flight simulator.

On thi sit would be cool to have a rotary encoder, to tune frequency up and down.

But reading up on the encoders, I am getting confused.

How do they work with MMJoy2 ? How do I need to wire them up ?

Hope someone can help.

Thank you

Vegard

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
Hei !

For the benefits of others, I will use English wink

Yes, I have buildt button matrixes before.

I am about to order these encoders :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151753076315

Not decided on knobs yet, not sure what to search for, since the shaft is "D" shaped, not round or knurled ...

Just cant et my head around how to connect them, is it like normal buttons ? How do they actually work ?

Any help appreciated wink

Vegard

Last edited by Eddie123; 06/08/16 03:40 PM.
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
Ok, I think I get it. I see in MMJoy that there is an entry called Encoders. The numbers in there, corresponds with the numbers in Matrix ?
I am not still clear on the difference between the reference that is on "Joystick", and the numbers selected in the pulldown.....

Let me try to explain how I think :

In the matrix, each buttons get a number. This number is inserted in the appropriate place under "Joystick", "Encoder", "HAT", etc, is
that correct ? Only use each entry from the matrix in one place ?

Oh, also, I dont see where to input delay ?


Vegard

Last edited by Eddie123; 06/08/16 04:37 PM.
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
I am running a older version of MMJoy2 than you, and I cant find the one you have, or any version newer than 2015.

The newest version I found, is 20150405, and that one doesnt have any delay settings etc.

Can you direct me to download link ?

Vegard

Last edited by Eddie123; 06/08/16 08:10 PM.
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
Ok, thank you, after I wrote the last message, then I found the same version as you so kindly posted a link to. I have downloaded it,
but havent installed the new firmware yet.

I have been busy, just finished converting a old set of CH Pro Pedals from gameport to USB; working like a charm now !

Next job, maybe convert the old CH Yoke, also from gameport to USB. Must dissasemble and check what is needed to convert
inside it.

So, you have an non-official version of MMJoy ? wink How do you get that ? wink

Vegard

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
He is "Beta Tester". smile

Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
Great, thanks, I will wink

Question :

What is the best way to create a mixed matrix, using buttons and encoders ?

Reason I ask, I am trying to build a interface using the full capabilities of the MMJOy and a Micro Pro card. I dont
want to start messing with shift registers etc...

Here is what I have in mind :

I have a CH Pro yoke and pedals set. Pedals are 3 axis, yoke is 5 axis ( rudder, elevator, throttle quadrant).

So, that means I have 8 analog inputs, leaving me 10 for the matrix. That leaves me with max 25 buttons, in a 5x5 matrix.

I am trying to build a easy matrix interface board on a perfboard, and want to try to make it as clean as possible. With the diodes going the
opposite way for encoders, I see a lot of possibilities for confusion ...

Any hints and ideas ?

Also considering getting a secondary Micro Pro, but havent decided yet. Maybe that makes it easier, if I can separate maybe axis and buttons on
2 different controllers.

Vegard



Last edited by Eddie123; 06/09/16 06:16 AM.
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
Eddie123
you can use any diodes.

sample from Vladimir@"China":

Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19

Thanks for the answer.

Not sure my question came out right.

My consern is when I look at the pictures on your site, on how to connect buttons and encoders,
the diodes for the encoders point the opposite way of how they are connected to buttons.

Do I have to take this into consideration when building the matrix printboard, or is that just
a matter of how I connect the wires from the matrix to the encoders / buttons ?

Thank you

Vegard

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
hardware no matter what you connect to "point" - button, switch, encoder channel a or b. all differencs starts at firmware and configuration setup.
for "point" I mean one input pin of shifts reg, or one intersection row/columns button matrix.

Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19


Ok, think i get it.

Just have to solder the matrix board, and then wait for my encoders to arrive wink

Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 51
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 51
Originally Posted By: Sak75
Hello everyone. I have a question, I will redesign the joystick and thought was put into one of the sticks a dial axis as the link:

http://es.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-2PCS-LOT-Dual-axis-XY-Joystick-Module/2016825722.html

And use the axis as buttons. Mmjoy recognizes me well, I assign axis 1 and 2 and in the section axis button to select these axes. My question is on the percentage to be put?.


Hi everyone, i found the number

Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
Hello.

Looking into connecting loads of buttons using shift registers.

So far I think I have figured out that the main difference between the 74HC165 and the 4021 is that one is
active high, the other low, right ?

So, I presume the MMJoy converts this automatically, so there is really no difference which I use ?

Do anyone have a proper draeing of how to connect up the shift registers ? What do I need besides pullup resistors, etc?

Thank you

Vegard

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 61
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 61
Originally Posted By: Eddie123
Hello.

Looking into connecting loads of buttons using shift registers.

So far I think I have figured out that the main difference between the 74HC165 and the 4021 is that one is
active high, the other low, right ?

So, I presume the MMJoy converts this automatically, so there is really no difference which I use ?

Do anyone have a proper draeing of how to connect up the shift registers ? What do I need besides pullup resistors, etc?

Thank you

Vegard

I use the gammon pages a lot.

Switches, pullups
http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=11955

Shift registers
http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=11979

Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19

Hello.

Thank you for your reply, what I read from the posts you posted is more or less what I have read before.

But now I am confused. In those posts, it refers to both pull-up and pull-down resistors. Which is best, or is
there one type I need specifically to use with MMJoy ?

What about other components, do I need anything else ?

Vegard

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 61
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 61
If your switches are connected directly to the arduino, you can use the internal pull up resistors so you do not need external components or resistors.
If you use other parts like shift registers, external resistors may be needed but you need to read the datasheets of these components. For example, an mcp23017 IO expanders has pullups, but a 74hc595 shift register does not.

Pullup is easier than pull down, because you only need a ground signal.

I am not familiar with mmjoy, sorry.

Joined: May 2016
Posts: 55
F
Junior Member
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 55
Hello all. I've recieved some halls from China. I supposedly being A1321EUA... They have G321 540 part number stamped on them. They go from 11 to 995 at 10 bit res. But they aren't stable. Without a magnet it flickers from 510~530, they get stable with a filter of x14. Should I use them anyway?.
I have old Allegro UGN3503 and they are rock steady without filter but they go from 200 up to 800. What would be best to use?

Thank you all.

Ps: waiting for tle5011... Bought to china too, I guess they will be fake copy too. 1st time buyer incompetency. screwy

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
for shift registers mmjoy need a pull-up.

Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 19

Hello.

Does anyone here have some layout ( Gerber) files for shift register circuits for MMJoy ?

Or maybe someone has some spare cards, maybe I can buy them ? wink

If I only get the files, are there any cheap manufacturers of small quantities of circuit boards ?

Thank you

Vegard

Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 68
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 68
You can buy shift registers here:

https://oshpark.com/profiles/Debolestis

There are Shift register 8, 16, 24 and 32 bit. You can order PCB and solder everything later. It takes 3-4 weeks for PCB to arrive with free shipping.

You can see photos here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=120049&page=9

Page 41 of 112 1 2 … 39 40 41 42 43 … 111 112

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,555 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1