SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465







In a little more than a month we will have the premiere episode of the season. Hope it is not too early to start the discussion.

I will leave the discussion of the grim ending of last season for a later date. For now, something lighter -







"For the Watch" and "Hodor!" jokes welcome.

Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
The skit with Seth Meyers is one of the funniest things I've seen on tv. I don't know how Kit kept a straight face. LOL


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,010
P
PV1 Offline
sometime mudslinger
Senior Member
sometime mudslinger
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,010
The character Melisandre in that skit
reminded me of someone, and I had to
beat on my memory to extract it - it's
Alicia Witt playing Cybil Shepherd's
daughter Zoe from the Cybil TV show.


Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 6,779
E
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot
E Offline
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 6,779
Not quite as good, but still:


Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
Sir Barristan narrates Robert Baratheon's Rebellion (animated).




Pretty cool.

Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 02/26/16 06:36 PM.
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 53
F
Junior Member
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 53
you know what my favourite part of GoT seaason 5 was? the space battle at the end.

Last edited by FlightJunkie; 02/27/16 02:03 PM.
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
Hi FlightJunkie. I guess...




I know it can be confusing for a new guy around these parts when you look at the sub forum title and it says "Outer Space and Science Fiction" and then you see a fantasy cable-tv series discussion.

Thus, mocking it with a clever ironic comment is the most natural reaction to be expected.

But as you learn to use the Internet, you will find most websites/ forums have a search function, and you can then find several discussion here, not only on every season of GoT, but also Horror, Fantasy and other related topics. We are very welcoming and open minded...



Welcome to SimHQ. wave

Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 02/27/16 09:28 PM.
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Considering their world has seasons that last years, and is therefore 100% NOT on Earth but another planet elsewhere in the universe, it qualifies.




The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
Pics from season six. Spoilers ahead:

http://imgur.com/a/ihqoH

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,284
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,284
Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite
The skit with Seth Meyers is one of the funniest things I've seen on tv. I don't know how Kit kept a straight face. LOL


Retakes. Many retakes.

I'll take the slap gif and raise it with one featuring a soundtrack:


Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465

Red Band Trailer




Woa! boing

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
K
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
Gods, I love a good trailer- and by the Gods they can make great trailers.


Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465

Hodor Hodor Hodor. Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor? Hodor Hodor!


Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 04/01/16 09:55 PM.
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
That video should've been in spoiler tags!!!!!!!

Now I know. Hodor.



The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465


Season 6 - Trailer 2


Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 624
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 624
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
That video should've been in spoiler tags!!!!!!!


You mean [Hodor] tags, which were clearly there in the title:
Hodor: Hodor? [Hodor]

So you were warned hodor hodor hodor

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465

Now the short wait begins...

I wonder if this season will be integrated in "The Winds of Winter", or if it will be like a prologue to the events in the book, therefore, not ruining for the book readers.

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
I believe they said the events will overlap in some ways, but in others differ greatly. After all, characters are still alive in the books that have died on the show. Unless they are all killed in the opening pages of the next book, things have to differ. There are also many characters in the books that have never been on the show. However, it quite likely will spoil certain developments for those who will read book 6 on release.

I think at this point only the major characters will have stories similar to the next books, with minor characters all over the place. George told them how it was going to finish up, but now they're going to be telling that story their own way.

If you can imagine the books as original films, the show is now the remake. Every adaptation of War of the Worlds has differed from the original novel in multiple important ways, but the gist of the story has always been intact with particular events highlighted in one version but not another.

Next year's episodes (and possibly the year after) will cover the events of the notional 7th novel, especially as there is no guarantee it will ever come out, unlike the 6th book which is so close it will come out even if it's needing some editorial polish, but will likely be the most different of all. There may be very little similarities between book 7 and the final seasons in fact.




The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
Two theories for John's resurrection -

1) He is resurrected by Melisandre as a plight to the Lord of Light - too convenient, but possible. This will also contradicts her visions of the great warrior that will wield Lightbringer, which turns out, was not Stannis.

2) How about - John is Lyanna Stark's son...with Rhaegar Targaryen, who really did not kidnap her, but they were actually in love. That would make John a Targaryen, and therefore, a dragon, like Daenerys. When he gets cremated, he raises from the ashes, and Longclaw becomes Lightbringer.


Also, in either case, is this the end of the Night's Watch?

Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 04/22/16 04:04 PM.
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
R
No one of consequence
Veteran
No one of consequence
Veteran
R Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
I think they're playing coy with the whole "we won't spoil the sixth book" thing. Of course they will spoil SOME parts of the sixth book, but probably not a major part. They will take different paths to get to the same place as GRRM... while avoiding major portions. I've made this comparison elsewhere but "The Scouring of the Shire" in Lord of the Rings is the essential heart of that story. Where is it in the movies? Nowhere (outside of an homage to it in a quick vision). Those movies are still great but if you never read the novels, you'll never know that part of the story.

I think seasons 6, 7, and 8 of GOT will be like the LOTR movies. They will skip the "Scouring" and leave in the easier to digest stuff. Meaning that you'll be able to love the series without the books, but you will never know the heart of the story without the novels.

I touched on some of my other predictions in a recent podcast. But to sum up... I think little Rickon is a goner and I think that's who Ramsay is talking to in the trailer when he says "do you like games, little man?" And I think that's what starts the big battle at Winterfell... Ramsay killing Rickon in front of resurrected Jon Snow... and perhaps Sansa is there too with her army.

We see pieces of this battle in the trailer (meaning the Wildlings fight with Jon and Davos) and we see a somber looking Sansa, likely after the battle. They have won but the Starks have yet again lost one of their own. I'd bet money Bran is there in some form too.

Originally Posted By: Bib4Tuna

2) How about - John is Lyanna Stark's son...with Rhaegar Targaryen, who really did not kidnap her, but they were actually in love. That would make John a Targaryen, and therefore, a dragon, like Daenerys. When he gets cremated, he raises from the ashes, and Longclaw becomes Lightbringer.


Also, in either case, is this the end of the Night's Watch?


Jon is without a doubt the son of Lyanna & Rhaegar. And I used to theorize that they would burn Jon's corpse and when the fires died down, he'd stand up... like Dany. However, I am not sure if that's how it will go in the show. But we shall see. Book wise, some theorize the only reason Dany survived the fires was because of blood magic and the sacrifice of her husband and son. Some also theorize, based on this, that Mel will sacrifice herself in the fires with Jon to resurrect him. Maybe. We shall see.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,566 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1