SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 957
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 957
Anyone remembers it?

The first official expansion (from 1995) for U.S. Navy Fighters.

It added AV-8B Harrier II, FRS1 Sea Harrier, Yak-141 Freestyle and AC-130 Spectre along with new campaign set in Kuril Islands.

The campaign itself was very challenging as it pit you against superior enemy (Flankers, Fulcrums and other front line fighters) in a subsonic jet operating from the USS Wasp (LHD-1). Smart tactics and the help of your wingman were your only hope of overcoming the odds.

Intro music by The Fat Man.



And some campaign missions from the later part of the campaign.






Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 7,375
Likes: 1
S
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 7,375
Likes: 1
Great sim! Always loved it, and the Kuriles campaign was just amazing, wish Leatherneck adds that theatre with his Tomcat.


-Sir in case of retreat, were we have to retreat??
-To the Graveyard!!

sandbagger.uk.com/stratos.html
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,500
I
Senior Member
Senior Member
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,500
ATF was my first sim and I wasted many a afternoon playing Fighter's Anthology. God I use those sims were updated for today's systems.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 20,152
T
Lifer
Lifer
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 20,152
I use to love FA, where I started "simming".


XboxLive Tag: DOBrienTG1969

Dave O'Brien,
Top Gun Photography
Nikon D500 & D7200
Nikkor 70-200VR AF-s F/2.8
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8
Sigma 150-600
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 539
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 539
Thanks for sharing. Just the sound of the menu clicks brings the memories back!

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
Pilgrim
Veteran
Pilgrim
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
Oh yes, so lovely. U.S. Navy Fighters Gold running on Dos was my first sim I bought personally(after a failed Black Knight attempt). Then came all the others including most everything with Janes written on it.

I used to love doing crazy stuff like flying the X-32 nose down and level right off the deck and flying the Aurora as high as I could or building my own custom mission based on the movie Airforce One.

I always loved the Navy and carrier trap stuff as well as flying the AV-8 off the Wasp. Great memories.

I'll pitch in with the U.S. Navy Fighters theme. This game just did that special thing to me. Just hearing the music to this stirs up the thoughts and feelings I had about it 20 odd years ago.



John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 957
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 957
Originally Posted By: Coot
or building my own custom mission based on the movie Airforce One.


Ha ha, I did the same thing after watching Air Force One (You had all the requirements needed in the Fighters Anthology to set it up).

Originally Posted By: Coot
I'll pitch in with the U.S. Navy Fighters theme. This game just did that special thing to me. Just hearing the music to this stirs up the thoughts and feelings I had about it 20 odd years ago.


I must admit I feel the same way. And THE MUSIC in my opinion is the soul of this game. It fits incredibly well the naval setting of the first game and its addon.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Marine Fighters was also a big patch that fixed alot of U.S. Navy Fighters issues.


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 957
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 957
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
Marine Fighters was also a big patch that fixed alot of U.S. Navy Fighters issues.


Yes it did.

I've reuploaded the first video (Sky Terror mission) with added music which I converted from original midi using chorium soundfont.

I hope you enjoy ir.


Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
R
Lifer
Lifer
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
These weren't really my first sims (Red Baron and F-15E II have that honor) but the first I ever bought as a box to take home and play. Up to that our family PC was so outdated that I had made do with older stuff "borrowed" on disks from my uncle.

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
Pilgrim
Veteran
Pilgrim
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
Great video damson and nice landing lol! I've got a bunch of the midi music from some of these somewhere that I copied somehow years back. I had started to put it into the Strike Fighters series I think.

Man everything, from the pilot profile photos to the sound of the toggle button it just gives me warm fuzzies and brings back memories. Thanks for sharing.


John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 511
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 511
Great series of games in its time

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 69
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 69
That brings back memories. I played the hell out of that game when I was a kid. My cousin had gotten Fighters Anthology but never had the time to play it, so he gave it to me. I enjoyed every minute of it and even in the modern day long for it at times.


Unity is power.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 3,868
D
(Formerly Joe Stallin')
Senior Member
(Formerly Joe Stallin')
Senior Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 3,868
Thanks for the memories!


Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,855 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1