SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 27 of 112 1 2 … 25 26 27 28 29 … 111 112
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
Joy2key is really limited to 32 buttons, I confirm there with 48 buttons controller.
Since this soft' was done for gamepads it's understandable. A pity as it is very practical.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 3
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 3
Quick question, I'm trying to use this firmware to interface Apple ][ and Radioshack coco joysticks.

On the coco joystick pushing the button takes it to gnd (0).
On the apple joystick pressing a button takes it to +5 (1).
So since I can't use the button matrix, is there another option just to use the inputs directly?
Rewiring the joysticks isn't an option, since I'm just making a adapter to use original joysticks.

I can throw a 7404 in the circuit to swap either the apple or the coco so everything is the same either high or low.

There will be a total of 6 buttons in this design.

Thank you.

Later,
dabone (tn)...

Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
= FIXED =


when i save set to device, error message popup: "error write config.[data error(cyclic redundancy checkk} "

did I burn the card. ^^ how can i fix this.

Thanks!

Last edited by lamal; 11/11/15 01:11 AM.
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
Because i used different firmware and MMJOY config editor

Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 2
Hi,

Just signed up to say thanks to mega_mozg_13, Sokol1 and you other helpful people for all the awesome information and software in this thread.

I have recently finished my G940 anti-hysteresis project.
This involved rewiring the G940 Throttle, rotaries, rudder and toe axes to the cheap Pro Micro I bought on eBay.
I have no prior soldering experience, so it could've been a bit tidier, but works as intended. Also no one sees it when the cover goes back on anyway. biggrin

The results are simply brilliant! The unit no longer spikes and is enjoyable to use.
This thread made is seem like a fairly simple (yet time consuming) procedure. And it was. So Thankyou!


Now, I have a few questions.

Axis names. Can they be renamed so they will show up in the Windows joy.cpl application?
For example can I have HippyX, HippyY etc.

Auto-Calibration. It seemd logical to use with the Rudder, but what exactly are the differences between Auto w/centre, Saved w/centre etc.

Dead Zone/Stopper. I tried playing with the curves in MMJOY2 to create for example a 10% dead zones at the start and ends of some of the potentiometers. But I couldn't quite achieve what I wanted here. I assume this is possible?

The manual for MMJOY? I'm guessing it would answer most of my queries. I must've missed it?


Cheers,
Hippy.

thumbsup

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
Originally Posted By: dabonetn

Quick question, I'm trying to use this firmware to interface Apple ][ and Radioshack coco joysticks.
On the coco joystick pushing the button takes it to gnd (0).
On the apple joystick pressing a button takes it to +5 (1).

lnly shift register helps to you:
CD4021 - tested and work very good (Thrustmaster grips/Defender Cobra M5)
74HC165 - testing now...

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
Originally Posted By: HippyDruid

Axis names. Can they be renamed so they will show up in the Windows joy.cpl application?
For example can I have HippyX, HippyY etc.

when you reset axis names (rename, add or remove), change VID/PID to new state.

Originally Posted By: HippyDruid

Auto-Calibration. It seemd logical to use with the Rudder, but what exactly are the differences between Auto w/centre, Saved w/centre etc.
Dead Zone/Stopper. I tried playing with the curves in MMJOY2 to create for example a 10% dead zones at the start and ends of some of the potentiometers. But I couldn't quite achieve what I wanted here. I assume this is possible?
The manual for MMJOY? I'm guessing it would answer most of my queries. I must've missed it?

translate from russian

Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 68
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 68
Hi! I made this. I works great, and I found a bug.








This is the bug, I wanted to add SPDT toggle switch on shift registers' CS cable, and basically double the number of switches. But when I add second shift register and only when I press switch 8 it activates all switches in second shift register.


Last edited by Debolestis; 11/11/15 09:56 AM.
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 3
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 3
Quote:
lnly shift register helps to you:
CD4021 - tested and work very good (Thrustmaster grips/Defender Cobra M5)
74HC165 - testing now...


I ended up using a cd4066 with a 7404, I had them laying around already.
Max of 4 buttons per 4066, but that's do able.

I'm using this as a interface for 1 apple joystick and 2 coco joysticks, so 4 buttons total, and I can slap another 4066 in for more buttons if needed.

Thank you for this wonderful firmware/program.

Later,
dabone (tn)

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
MMjoy2 + Honeywell SS495A1 HALL sensor in CH PRO Pedal.

Original pot support was used for "BIC HALL pot", with ball bearing in axis. R/C Helicopter ball-join in connections with fiber glass push rod.

The switch for reset MMjoy2 is accessible on the underside of the pedal by inserting a pin.


image upload no size limit

The nylon sewing thread is just as additional security. smile


Sensor in brakes:


image post



Last edited by Sokol1; 11/11/15 11:00 PM.
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
Hi guys.
I would like to use ATMEGA32U4 to make a RPM Gauge. I have searched Google but no luck. Does any here got information or link related to how to use ATMEGA32U4 to make a Gauge? Thanks a lot.



FOUND : https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Introduction

Last edited by lamal; 11/18/15 10:28 AM.
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
Originally Posted By: lamal
I would like to use ATMEGA32U4 to make a RPM Gauge.

I have plans to do this with mini servo:
(russian forum) http://forum.warthunder.ru/index.php?/topic/159447-virtualnaia-pribornaia-panel/?p=4943442

Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
I want to do that, but dont know how to partything



Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
Originally Posted By: lamal
I want to do that, but dont know how to

if you want back to live real devices:
www.letiaga.ru
www.avsim.su #1
www.avsim.su #2

Last edited by mega_mozg_13; 11/18/15 01:33 PM.
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
Those gauge is not "real device" (maybe the cover is "real"), but inside is use a piece of PRO-MICRO-ATMEGA32U4 and stepper motor.

Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 46
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 46
Originally Posted By: lamal
I want to do that, but dont know how to partything




For a WW2 simmer, MMJoy2 with RC model servo or stepper control would be heaven biggrin

Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
indeed, but i even dont know how to connect stepper to my little Pro Micro ATmega32U4 yet. Hard to find informatio on line. nope

Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 68
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 68
Mega_mozg, can you add saturation?

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
Originally Posted By: Debolestis
Mega_mozg, can you add saturation?

please tell me more details about this, or show working sample.

Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 68
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 68
In Diview there is calibration, dead zone and satutation

https://www.neurobs.com/pres_docs/html/0...ystick_axes.htm

Page 27 of 112 1 2 … 25 26 27 28 29 … 111 112

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,752 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1