SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#4196728 11/20/15 02:44 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,426
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,426
I've sent a PM to Pol hopefully explaining that I in no way had any malice in my comments about the game\sim.

I also hope the members here don't feel that I have purposefully attacked the game and some how devalued the effort that's gone into it over the years.

I love WOFF as I said in my posts. I certainly don't want an arcade game either, if I did I wouldn't have bought all the releases\add ons and expansions that I have and will continue to do as they get released.

Wodin #4196731 11/20/15 02:47 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
?.. Wodin, I for one certainly never thought you expressed any malice, only constructive criticisms which I'm sure we all appreciate. It is good of you to at least to provide this retort though as it shows your concern that things may not have been seen clearly. IMHO

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 11/20/15 02:49 PM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Wodin #4196733 11/20/15 02:49 PM
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
You have nothing to be sorry for because you didn't do anything wrong. There is nothing wrong with constructively pointing out areas of improvement. Every single one of us that have done so have done it with a spirit of wanting to make WOFF even better. If your input hasn't been received in the spirit that it was given, then so be it.


Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
Wodin #4196737 11/20/15 02:59 PM
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895
Likes: 75
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895
Likes: 75
No need to apologise Wodin comments are aimed at the thread at as a whole what the AI do or don't do.
When that AI Always Engages switch is off many factors are in play, including morale.

The whole ethos of WOFF is survival - AI especially - sometimes they do engage sometimes they won't sometimes a poor squad with poor morale and poor craft etc or other factors as discussed obviously will not engage in a campaign scenario and maybe even rarely, or never for you in a certain squad. They don't want to fight first they want to live first.

Last comment on this don't want to kick off the same thread.



Regards,

Polovski
OBD Software, developers of epic, immersive, unique flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields & Wings Over The Reich
https://www.overflandersfields.com
https://www.wingsoverthereich.com
Wodin #4196738 11/20/15 03:01 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,426
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,426
OK cool Pol.

Thanks Rob and Bangoman aswell.

Wodin #4196788 11/20/15 05:18 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,558
Likes: 20
JFM Offline
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,558
Likes: 20
Wait a minute. Wait just a minute...

The below was called to my attention today. I had seen the original post but admittedly overlooked/misread Point #2, and I've not seen it mentioned elsewhere:

From WM:

"Here are OBDs plans for the future:

1) There will be ongoing addons for WOFF2 - this is a given.

2) We are working on a new non WW1 product - this is a given.

3) We are contemplating a WOFF Gold (WOFF3) and deciding what should be in it if at all."

Now, I might be the last to know, so please bear with me, but I am asking the devs: Any clarification regarding what kind of "new non-WW1 product"?

Wodin #4196803 11/20/15 05:48 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Just shoot me...
Member
Just shoot me...
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Like, WWII? I would be so happy I'd scream like a kid at Christmas! whoohoo

I'd been flying CFS3-ETO, which some of these guys used to work on, but again, it has fight to the death and things like that; it's a freebee and I think current development efforts are lagging. Then I lost my cockpit sound somehow, and it seems to come down to a re-installation, which is a big pain in an area just south of my rear belt loop.

To have a WWII product of this level of quality and ease of installation would have me (and my Bf-109 loving brother-in-law, who can't fly...) turning handsprings.

I sure didn't take what Wodin was saying as a whine; I think the ability to be able to discuss things civilly is a hallmark of this particularly genteel group of simmers.


Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
Wodin #4196805 11/20/15 05:53 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
O
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
Originally Posted By: Wodin
I also hope the members here don't feel that I have purposefully attacked the game...

Hey, hey, there, there - I hope you can sleep tonight, Wodin.
Be assured, we all can tell a friend from a foe, I guess - and you are a friend surely! cheers


Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
Wodin #4196811 11/20/15 06:06 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,743
Member
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,743
Would love to know more about the non-WW1 product!


"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
Wodin #4196814 11/20/15 06:12 PM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,910
Member
Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,910
There is much choice on a WW2 combat flysim and I think the old CFS3 is rather limited for another 10 years, but who knows a nice pre WW2 racing game. Mercedes, Auto union, Bugatti and the Bentley boys.

Wodin #4196816 11/20/15 06:28 PM
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 108
A
The Flying Penguin
Member
The Flying Penguin
Member
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 108
That is pretty exciting, I'm quite optimistic about anything from these devs. smile


Heir to the honors associated with the Order Sphenisciformes
dutch #4196820 11/20/15 06:41 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,106
Member
Member
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,106
Originally Posted By: dutch
There is much choice on a WW2 combat flysim and I think the old CFS3 is rather limited for another 10 years, but who knows a nice pre WW2 racing game. Mercedes, Auto union, Bugatti and the Bentley boys.



And Lagonda. Had a chance to drive a 34 Lagonda Rapide in a rally in 2011. Experience of a lifetime.

Wodin #4196895 11/20/15 09:03 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,094
Likes: 18
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,094
Likes: 18
xwing

Do a space sim devs imagine a space sim with proper missions a "space war" going on around you..and Space sims are big news at the moment Elite Dangerous,Star Citizen,No Mans Sky Etc,go on WM and POL biggrin


They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
Wodin #4196936 11/20/15 10:38 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
O
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
I guess the devs won't tell in such an early state, or don't even know themselves, what they will go at.

In the second case, maybe you need some inspiration, devs?
Well, I am craving since many years for a good Pacific Theater simulation.
I mean, one with a really good single-player campaign.
Just my desire for something non-WW1...

Originally Posted By: Raine
And Lagonda. Had a chance to drive a 34 Lagonda Rapide in a rally in 2011. Experience of a lifetime.

Had to google that car; never heard of it before. Looks like a brother of a Bugatti?


Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
Wodin #4196989 11/21/15 01:01 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,426
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,426
How about a Steampunk Mech sim set during an alternative Great War.

Wodin #4197007 11/21/15 02:17 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,558
Likes: 20
JFM Offline
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,558
Likes: 20
PTO is my first choice. However, I realize the staggering number of different naval vessels needed to do it properly probably eliminates that theater. But, oh man, dive bombing? Torpedo bombing? CAP over CVs? CV campaigns? Henderson Field? Heavy bombers? Oh, man, the possibilities!

Plus, one of these:



*swoon*


Oh, well. Just gimme one of these, please:




And one of these:




And one of these:




And one of these:



WITH an option--for those of us living in countries where we are not terrified of legal geometric symbols that were crushed under our boot heels 70 years ago--to employ swastikas on German planes.

Of course, you could *really* surprise me and go this route:



Or--dare I dream it--





cheers

Wodin #4197035 11/21/15 03:49 AM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Just shoot me...
Member
Just shoot me...
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Well, I'm not sure what's out there for WWII as my experience base is quite narrow - but I know what ETO is like, and If these guys apply the same diligence & abilities to the original WWII European theater as they have to WOFF, it will transcend anything that I know of that's out there. But I'm willing to hear of options!

Now a WWII Pacific Theater from CFS3? It's been done, also by their former comrades, to some extent... but again, comparing ease of install and overall experience with WOFF, well, there is no comparison. The AI here is top notch, the scenery beyond compare, the work they've done on the damage models, etc etc etc...

Nice photos, JFM!


Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
Wodin #4197037 11/21/15 04:17 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,426
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,426
I know it's been done to death but I always like Battle of Britain. Though BoB2 does a great job in making a single player WW2 sim. So yes maybe Pacific War would be better.

Wodin #4197040 11/21/15 04:34 AM
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Those are nice pictures JFM, but give me one of these instead.



Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
Wodin #4197042 11/21/15 04:40 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,558
Likes: 20
JFM Offline
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,558
Likes: 20
Sweet!

I love this shot and all the right rudder:


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,943 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1