|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
What about the CMS Dispenser Programs? I've looked for a list of the ABC codes and found this on the DCS Forums, posted by Eddie with the ED Testers Team - It's best to avoid adjusting programs A-D too much as they are used by the CMS in Semi and Auto modes to counter specific threats.
You can obviously adjust them to suit you (I do, I don't like the default dispense patterns) but bare in mind the CMS will use them as follows;
A - Old Gen Radar SAMS B - New Gen Radar SAMS C - IR SAMS D - Unknown/Misc
So as you can see, if you switch program B to all flares, it could be a problem.
Program N-Z are unused, so you can use those if you have a 100% custom program in mind. Eddie's DCS Forum Post Mode - For the longest time I was setting my CMSP Mode Select Dial to Semi, but switched it to Manual a few weeks ago because I was running out of flares. Program - -Ice recommended using Program D to include Flares with Chaff - before that I was modifying the Program A to include Flares. But I'm still running low on Flares too soon. I have Padlock on in Options, too, but have not been able to padlock onto a threat missile heading at me... Anyone have Eyes On a Dispenser Programs list? What is your typical program setting? Wrecking Crew 
"Your ballroom days are over, baby"Find my DCS World missions at Wrecking Crew Projects. All released missions are free to download, modify and publicly host -- enjoy!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082 |
I use Semi and Program D to start -- my motto is "use it or lose it"... I'd rather be out of chaff/flares than be out of A-10. Having said that, I've not run out of either yet. I'm usually shot down first, or not at all  I sometimes notice that the CMS will change my program from D to something else, so I guess that was in reaction to what was fired at me. I usually revert to D again... better to release both chaff and flares and find out you've not needed the other countermeasure... than release one and find out the hard way you should've released the other.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,764
Hail To The King Baby!! Senior Member
|
|
Hail To The King Baby!! Senior Member
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,764 |
I use manual all the time. The programs I use vary on the threat environment. But it stay with one of 4, either D E F or G. I modified H for training for me its a 1 or 1 with a 1 sec interval. As ICE said its best to release both since you have no clue what is coming at you. With that said I normally fly 240 chaff and 120 flare. I feel that manual is the best choice. I use to fly with semi but anytime you get locked up you dump C/F. With manual I only run out when I want to. Here is the program table. I got it from the manual page 408. 
XBOX Live Tag/Steam/PSN: Weaponz248
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
-Ice,
I saw that, too, in Semi Mode - from D to A/B then, I'm out of Flares. Having switched to Manual mode I'm more aware of the continuing dispensing and move to stop it with CMS Aft.
Any help on padlocking to hostile inbound SAMs?
I think some of the missile Launch Red Lights I see may be from other's in my area firing Mavs, that is why I would like to see the threat with a quick snap view. Would likely add that view to a shifted POV View.
WC
"Your ballroom days are over, baby"Find my DCS World missions at Wrecking Crew Projects. All released missions are free to download, modify and publicly host -- enjoy!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082 |
In SEMI mode, the CMS changes your program depending on the threat it detects, but IIRC you still dispense the countermeasures yourself. It's in AUTO mode that the CMS selects and dispenses by itself. Page 507 of the manual. So the reason you're out of flares is because the CMS changed you to a flares-only program and you've been dispensing them with gusto.
I prefer SEMI because it changes the program for me depending on the threat, but I still divert to program D when ingressing and go through a cycle as I attack and egress.
I've not yet found a way to "padlock" my view to inbound SAMs. Funny enough I remember being able to "see" inbound SAMs in Lock On and Falcon, and I know if it is "stationary on my cockpit," it is tracking me so I perform more evasive maneuvers. In DCS, I cannot see anything.
The red missile launch light can be triggered my other aircraft firing Mavericks, sometimes I was even near a group of Apaches prosecuting targets and I got the missile launch light all the time. Then I got lazy and stopped evading and next thing I knew something went "boom!" behind me and my right engine was out!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
I use manual all the time. The programs I use vary on the threat environment. But it stay with one of 4, either D E F or G. I modified H for training for me its a 1 or 1 with a 1 sec interval. As ICE said its best to release both since you have no clue what is coming at you. With that said I normally fly 240 chaff and 120 flare. I feel that manual is the best choice. I use to fly with semi but anytime you get locked up you dump C/F. With manual I only run out when I want to.
Here is the program table. I got it from the manual page 408.
Weaponz248 - good comments, agreed w/ Manual - I'm on a re-read of the manual up to Page 297. Serious reading. Coming up on the section about why the HUD Tadpole has dashed lines around it. Anyone - Is there a Hostile Threat padlock in sim mode? F6? NUM. Num. RAlt - you guys use these views to see incoming missiles? WC
"Your ballroom days are over, baby"Find my DCS World missions at Wrecking Crew Projects. All released missions are free to download, modify and publicly host -- enjoy!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,764
Hail To The King Baby!! Senior Member
|
|
Hail To The King Baby!! Senior Member
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,764 |
I dont use any padlock. I just watch my RWR and listen to my wingmen.
XBOX Live Tag/Steam/PSN: Weaponz248
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 191
Registered Lunatic Member
|
|
Registered Lunatic Member
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 191 |
Once again, as far as the polls go for me it's all of the above. Each mode and program has a purpose, I use them all depending on the mission and the threats I'm facing. But for reference, here are my CMS settings, right out of the .lua file.
-- Old generation radar SAM
programs['A'] = {}
programs['A']["chaff"] = 1
programs['A']["flare"] = 0
programs['A']["intv"] = 0.75
programs['A']["cycle"] = 12
-- Current generation radar SAM
programs['B'] = {}
programs['B']["chaff"] = 2
programs['B']["flare"] = 0
programs['B']["intv"] = 0.25
programs['B']["cycle"] = 20
-- IR SAM
programs['C'] = {}
programs['C']["chaff"] = 0
programs['C']["flare"] = 1
programs['C']["intv"] = 0.25
programs['C']["cycle"] = 6
-- Default manual presets
-- Mix 1
programs['D'] = {}
programs['D']["chaff"] = 2
programs['D']["flare"] = 1
programs['D']["intv"] = 0.5
programs['D']["cycle"] = 8
-- Mix 2
programs['E'] = {}
programs['E']["chaff"] = 2
programs['E']["flare"] = 2
programs['E']["intv"] = 0.25
programs['E']["cycle"] = 6
-- Mix 3
programs['F'] = {}
programs['F']["chaff"] = 4
programs['F']["flare"] = 4
programs['F']["intv"] = 0.5
programs['F']["cycle"] = 3
-- Mix 4
programs['G'] = {}
programs['G']["chaff"] = 4
programs['G']["flare"] = 4
programs['G']["intv"] = 0.5
programs['G']["cycle"] = 3
-- Chaff single
programs['H'] = {}
programs['H']["chaff"] = 1
programs['H']["flare"] = 0
programs['H']["intv"] = 1.0
programs['H']["cycle"] = 1
-- Chaff pair
programs['I'] = {}
programs['I']["chaff"] = 2
programs['I']["flare"] = 0
programs['I']["intv"] = 1.0
programs['I']["cycle"] = 1
-- Flare single
programs['J'] = {}
programs['J']["chaff"] = 0
programs['J']["flare"] = 1
programs['J']["intv"] = 1.0
programs['J']["cycle"] = 1
-- Flare pair
programs['K'] = {}
programs['K']["chaff"] = 0
programs['K']["flare"] = 2
programs['K']["intv"] = 1.0
programs['K']["cycle"] = 1
-- Chaff pre-empt
programs['L'] = {}
programs['L']["chaff"] = 1
programs['L']["flare"] = 0
programs['L']["intv"] = 1.0
programs['L']["cycle"] = 20
-- Flare pre-empt
programs['M'] = {}
programs['M']["chaff"] = 0
programs['M']["flare"] = 1
programs['M']["intv"] = 1.5
programs['M']["cycle"] = 20
Eddie
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314 |
I'm a semi program D guy too... I like it. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
Just a Noob Senior Member
|
|
Just a Noob Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674 |
Remember there is a "stop program" CMDS button you can bind (defaults to CMS aft on the Warthog HOTAS) that stops a program mid-dispense - you can use this to cut a long program down and save countermeasures.
I use manual with D at a reduced quantity of 5 chaff/flares.
Shoot to Kill. Play to Have Fun.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,346
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,346 |
I am from Florida...how do you vote on this again ??? 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Hi Toonis - Vote in the first post. You get one shot at the polls, after that you see the results.
WC
"Your ballroom days are over, baby"Find my DCS World missions at Wrecking Crew Projects. All released missions are free to download, modify and publicly host -- enjoy!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Bump 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,180
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,180 |
Me, I alter between Semi and Auto depending on the circumstances. If I know I'll be flying with a wingman, or close to anyone firing missiles I'll stick with Semi to keep from wasting CMS on friendly missiles being detected. If the threat will be more of a COIN nature, i.e. just MANPADs I go with Auto.
Basically my philosophy is that the sensors on the plane will detect any sort of a threat before I do 95% of the time, so when possible the plane gets to decide when to drop CMS, and always what type. The only exception being COIN missions if I go down low on strafing runs, in which case I stick it on Semi, but cycle back to the X-Y-X programs and set them up for dropping preventive flares. That way I'll get flares out to deny a good IR launch, and if it does happen I'll be notified twice over (by the standard missile warning and the program changing) and again, the plane will give me a more suited, higher paced flare program to activate.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
It is fun popping flares out over Iglas with Program D,,, when you know the pesky Iglas are there and Labels are on so you can see the missiles come up.
I tend to use Semi and A. Never Auto as all CM is dispensed quickly.
WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,599
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,599 |
I hate the default program-threat associations. SA-13 radar paints you, MWS detects launch, CMDS switches from a lovely flare heavy program to something which is all chaff when in AUTO (and SEMI?).
I haven't done an exhaustive testing schedule on it to develop a table of what program/jammer is selected on each threat but my memory was they were terrible. The jammer routine selection was fine. The good news is the threat-countermeasure associations are static X threat = Y program so you could reprogram the lettered programs to something better. The bad news is I remember very different threats corresponding to the same program letter.
Would someone be a love and report what various common threats prescribe what CM/JMR response on auto, maybe a dozen or so of the most common airborne and ground nasties?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 239
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 239 |
Found this info in a .lua file while looking for something else.
Jammers Programs For SAM:
Program SAM 1 Kub_STR_9S91 Osa_9A33 Roland_ADS Roland_rdr S125_SR_P_19 S125_TR_SNR Hawk_SR_ANMPQ_50 Hawk_TR_ANMPQ_46 Program SAM 2 S300PS_TR_30N6 Buk_SR_9S18M1 Buk_LN_9A310M1 Tor_9A331 Tunguska_2S6 Patriot_STR_ANMPQ_53 Program AAA Gepard Vulcan_M163 ZSU_23_4_Shilka Dog_Ear
Chaff Flares Programs For Radars:
Program A Kub_STR_9S91 Osa_9A33 ZSU_23_4_Shilka Program B S300PS_SR_5N66M S300PS_TR_30N6 Buk_SR_9S18M1 Buk_LN_9A310M1 Tor_9A331 Tunguska_2S6 Roland_ADS Patriot_STR_ANMPQ_53 Program L S125_SR_P_19 S125_TR_SNR Hawk_SR_ANMPQ_50 Hawk_TR_ANMPQ_46 Now where do I find the .lua for the A-10C with the default CMSP dispense programs?
The most important thing in fighting was shooting, next the various tactics in coming into a fight and last of all flying ability itself. � Lt. Colonel W. A. 'Billy' Bishop, RCAF. Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook version 8c now available for download here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,599
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,599 |
DCS\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALE40V\device\AN_ALE40V_params.lua
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 239
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 239 |
The most important thing in fighting was shooting, next the various tactics in coming into a fight and last of all flying ability itself. � Lt. Colonel W. A. 'Billy' Bishop, RCAF. Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook version 8c now available for download here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,771
Oberkriegkaboomf�hrer Hotshot
|
|
Oberkriegkaboomf�hrer Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,771 |
I always use manual settings: 1 chaff, 1 flare, 0.5 sec delay, 5 times.
Works pretty well for me.
Last edited by Para_Bellum; 10/23/15 10:17 AM.
"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"
Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm
|
|
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|