|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,163
Administrator Hotshot
|
|
Administrator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,163 |
I found the i18 plane.properties file, opened it with 'notepad', but never found a ru.plane or ru.weapons file. I added the aircraft and weapons to the files within the proper folders. Then added my Boleckes westfront campaign, but it won't play.
I think I have a useless game folder again.
I had DBW playing with Boleckes westfront campaign and my P-51D30NA before, can't seem to get it going on CUP. I still have it playing on my old 46/v4.11.1 with HSXF 6.1 Just can't get it going again. Lots of Dgen files I had to change, and some I had to leave alone. And I forget which ones.
If I get it going again, I think I'll leave out the B-17's. I don't think I'll ever get that working. Sure would be nice to escort some B-17's with a P-51D30NA though.....some day...maybe.
I can't find that static campaign you talked about Taxman.....look for hours.
"Murphy's Law"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044 Likes: 26
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044 Likes: 26 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,163
Administrator Hotshot
|
|
Administrator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,163 |
Ah...Wheels! Yeah, I sure wish I'd found those before I tried to install Boeleckes Westfront campaign, cause it didn't work with my CUP install when I tried to insert the P-51D30NA into the game. Locked up. I'll just reinstall CUP and DBW, give it another try. Right now the real world is closing in on me....the 'leaves are fallin', and I live in the forest with 2 acres of fenced in yard, and a hundred hard wood trees around it. Thanks for the link. I appreciate it. 
"Murphy's Law"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 473
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 473 |
Ah...Wheels! Yeah, I sure wish I'd found those before I tried to install Boeleckes Westfront campaign, cause it didn't work with my CUP install when I tried to insert the P-51D30NA into the game. Locked up. I'll just reinstall CUP and DBW, give it another try. Right now the real world is closing in on me....the 'leaves are fallin', and I live in the forest with 2 acres of fenced in yard, and a hundred hard wood trees around it. Thanks for the link. I appreciate it. Murph, I feel you pain 'leaves are fallen'. I hope I did not help you screw up your installs, like I said been there done the reinstall dance also. In my CUP install I also have the "#CUP_MissonProComBo_V4122" which comes with CUP and is activated through JSGME. I am going to re read my earlier post and see if I did miss lead you. Wheels, thanks for posting the links, I'm all thumbs when I try it.
Taxes are my part time profession, flying is my passion.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,163
Administrator Hotshot
|
|
Administrator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,163 |
Don't even think like that Taxman.....I'm a big boy and I push my own buttons. I just couldn't wait to see if it worked, so I installed the only campaign I had, Boleckes Westfront, and I had to change some files in it to allow my P-51D30NA, and it didn't like the changes. I wish I knew where and how to install that MOD. The one that is zipped and MODs the '51 D 30NA into the DBW game. I didn't install HSFX, wasn't sure if that would work. And besides, I can just copy and paste another one, they're cheap I just wish I knew how to make it work. I need a plan. How does that MOD work, I think I found the i18n files you mentioned. But I would think the MOD works on it's own, without the manual install. Where does the DO folder and it's contents go? All those numbers mean something, and have to go someplace. I understand the first part, about copying and pasting the Weapons and the Planes. I got that. It's the folders? And 'when'. What other MODs would go on before that, to the CUP install? I had a good CUP install, but the MOD, along with my Campaign, froze it up. So how do I install the ponyboy static campaigns? Just drop them in the US folder? Just doesn't make sense.
"Murphy's Law"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 473
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 473 |
Murph, I re read my earlier post on how to mount the 51 MOD into CUP, and it appears as clear as mud. I better wait until this weekend before trying to un muddy on how to mount the 51 MOD. Been working long hours and the 'honey to list' is getting longer. 
Taxes are my part time profession, flying is my passion.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 473
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 473 |
Murph,
Ponyboy static campaigns are easy, as you said just drop into the US folder. Also they should also work on any 4.12 install. For extra benefit I would also copy over all the skins that ponyboy provides.
Taxes are my part time profession, flying is my passion.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,163
Administrator Hotshot
|
|
Administrator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,163 |
Can I use any aircraft I'd like in his campaigns? Like instead of the P51B, can I use my P-51D30NA....?
..also, where to I find them? In the Campaign section, or the single mission part of the game.
"Murphy's Law"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044 Likes: 26
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044 Likes: 26 |
Can I use any aircraft I'd like in his campaigns? Like instead of the P51B, can I use my P-51D30NA....?
..also, where to I find them? In the Campaign section, or the single mission part of the game. You would need to alter his campaign's .mis file to fly your P-51D30NA. IF you place the missions in the Single folder you will find them in the Single missions. In the campaign folder they will be in the Campaign folder. They should work either way it's just as a campaign the game will fly them sequentially as a Single mission you only fly one of them and then you will need to chose another one. Default Single: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Single\US\"Plane folder"\".mis and .properties files Campaign: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Campaign\US\"Campaign Folder"\".mis and .properties files Wheels
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,163
Administrator Hotshot
|
|
Administrator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,163 |
Pretty straight forward Wheels, thanks! I may give it a whirl tomorrow if I can get some time. I watched the Red Bull Air Races tonight with the wife, we taped the last one in Texas. After that, I love to fly a mission....but I'm so pumped about the new install, I want to wait till I get it going again....too tired tonight. Sure would like to get that CUP going, with DBW, and escort a B-17 with my 30NA right now. It'd be a breeze to change the .mis files. Been doing that for years to fly the 30NA in Westfront Campaigns. It's getting the B-17's in there, that pushed me over the edge, and locked it all up. These 'ponyboy' missions seem like they already have the B-17's in there. I can stick my 30NA in easy enough. Some day 
"Murphy's Law"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,163
Administrator Hotshot
|
|
Administrator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,163 |
Spent some time today....'rainy' outside. Changed the .mis files in ponys campaign to add my Mustang. Then added the P-51D30NA to the game files also. Rockets to the weapons files and 'bingo'. I'm escorting B-17's with my P-51D and rockets on my wings. Lovin' it. Thanks Taxman, Wheels, vpmedia...et al. Takes a lot of people. Probably hundreds who did the CUP, and all the work on FB/4.12m I'm gonna stop by the SAS and M4T forums to give a thumbs up to the people who worked on these MODs. Maybe do more. I'll be flying this for years.  It's work, but you're right Taxman, "it's worth it". I smiled when I saw those B-17's, and thought about that statement........ 
"Murphy's Law"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 473
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 473 |
Murph, Thanks for your comment. Happy flying and the rockets do rock, just don't get to low 
Taxes are my part time profession, flying is my passion.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044 Likes: 26
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044 Likes: 26 |
Glad to hear things finally worked for you.  Wheels
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,163
Administrator Hotshot
|
|
Administrator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,163 |
WoW!
Yep, I've been missing a whole lot. Just love watching those big birds from about 40 feet away. I like flying formation, don't know why, guess a lot of guys don't like it. I think it requires skill to keep your aircraft steady, and watch out for your squadron, making sure they have room, and nobody is going to get in the way. Then when the bad guys show up, it's really a change. I love it all.
Sorry Taxman, I can't tolerate those skins. I realize they were 'historical', but obviously I just fly for fun. So I'm using some real 'flashy' skins. But just for my squadron. An my own aircraft.
I've changed the entire campaign around to my liking. Had to up the skill on some of my guys, and the other side also. The weak are sorted out quick....lol...
It works great in CUP, just dropping the static campaigns into the US folder. I think a lot of my grief was from trying to use Boelekes Westfront Campaign. It just isn't made for a US player, and certainly not for escorting B-17's. Changing that campaign, in Dgen, causes a lot of problems. I'm sure it can be done, I've done it on another install, but just a plain 4.07m version. But even that, I can't get the B-17's in. Just my own P-51D30NA, with rockets. Now I have both, whenever I feel like it. I find some flights I can't carry the rockets, too much air action.
So...when you guys see problems in the CH, 'please' hit the button, so I'll be able to straighten things out. Hate it when people argue. Gotta keep some places here civil. I'll most likely be over Europe someplace, next to a B-17 from now on, in my spare time.
BTW, with all those aircraft, it even taxes my system, first game to do that.
Thanks, to all, again!
Murphy.
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77; LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard CASE; Cooler Master HAF 932 RC-932-KKN5-GP R PSU; CORSAIR HX750 750W RT Intel CPU i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) 77W Quad-Core HD Graphics MEM; CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) VIDEO; EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP SLI Support HDD; 2 - Seagate Barracuda's 1TB ea. 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s LITE-ON Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM SATA 12X Blu-ray Burner with Blu Ray 3D Feature ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Black SATA Model COOLING; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MNTR; SMSNG LED 23.6" 2MS HDMI Win7 Professional SP1 64-bit MSSWFF2 stick Pro Throttle Pro Pedals
"Murphy's Law"
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|