|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
Okay I had planned on adding this to the Tali pack but due to not seeing the obvious, zeealex helped me out figuring out the obvious to get this working:  Still have to tweak it but overall works, which is good 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
And how the weapons pack versions will look (as well as the smaller addon):  All in all I do hate how it clips through the dress but realistically I'm not too concerned right now. I had also gotten a request for a fixed handled M4 for the Mogadishu map since everybody goes nuts over that engagement. I've considered an Insurgency map using the PIF units as there's not much Somalian units out there (unless I missed something) anyway, so we'll see but regardless should be good enough anway.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
Some more work, this time on the top area. I found quite a few reference shots and while the mount isn't correct, it's a good compromise for those who would like to use iron sights:  
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
Seems I was a bit presumptuous, but that's okay, added a near era specific flashlight (close enough anyway), it is of course fixed and of course will be setup to be usable:  And updated the barrel a bit: 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
On the Colt Model 727 front... for some reason "integral" flashlights I guess now are disabled (like A2 lights, where it was part of the model) aren't working, so I'm making a cheap mount for the barrel area. The weapon will still continue to not be able to mount a suppressor just to keep it interesting and so on. Checking some older addons confirms I'm not going nuts given that it seems Legacy A2 code won't work with A3 (Tried it various ways), unless I'm missing something. In any case it'll be a combo light/Laser mount to mount various stuff. Which sucks as I did want to keep it historically correct.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
And final look, probably around Sunday I'll get this uploaded:  After that I'll start to hopefully crack on the helos, i.e. redoing them to see if I can't get the FLIR stuff working.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
Okay fixed the hands (A3 instead of A2 standard), and also for the next version of the Taliban pack. Honestly I have reservations of uploading a Steam version due to the fact a lot of players expect it to be "ready to go" which in a sense is, but isn't given I don't arm them. I've floated the idea of Katibas but even as porous as the country is, I doubt the Iranians don't care for them, and vice versa. So for now no Steam version as it's dependent on mission editors, and again, don't want to get into a Multiple Config nutroll again.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
Some more Model 727 work:    Was attempting to round out the carry handle area and had to clean up the legacy A2 geometries, as well as tweaking the stock to reflect an earlier version compared to a current M4 standard stock.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
Had a couple issues brought up regarding the hands and headgear. With the newer hands for A3 the "shadowed" ugly looking hands looks pretty good after a check just a few minutes ago. As far as headgear goes I'm keeping it as is given that most Taliban fighters (all really) never wore combat helmets, and if they did I'll be very surprised (other than shady as #%&*$# ANA and ANP soldiers) so right now they'll stay given that BIS patterned the "Takistan" look based on Afghan look, or whatnot. There are females that I do have available via the A2 Sample models and right now will stick to civilian males given that they're getting setup as I type. So the Taliban Fighters pack will have those two. As far as Technicals go the BIS Armed Offroad is a cheap stand in anyway as I can dig out a Hilux/DSHKA which I've been mulling over porting as it'll be my first vehicle and so on. Again as I go along I'll add stuff and so on if I feel like it but right now I'm going to get the updated Taliban out tomorrow given it's less maintenance than the gun stuff and next week, the helos.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// New Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmteVVUZ1o2TFRXeXc/view?usp=sharing//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Taliban Fighters RC2: RC2 - Removed First Aid Kits - Added Afghan Civilians. Due to current skill only males are included, females will be added if possible down the line - Removed A2 hands and replaced them with A3 models. - Added a "Taliban Technical", which is essentially an Armed Offroad for now.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// New Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3Umtd2F6Z2lQdjFodmc/view?usp=sharing/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Taliban Fighters RC3 - Fixed elbows clipping into the fabric - Removed an errant A2 proxy.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// New Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtMlRuOHZwQWNyOEE/view?usp=sharing////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// RC66 - Tweaked AI PKM values to better utilize that weapons capabilities. - Added a PIF Milita RPG unit, carries a Rook-40 and an RPG-7 - Ported an A2 RPG backpack, now standard on all RPG euipped units regardless of faction. - Added faction specific flags. - Added six Taliban units, armed with the weapons pack weapons, has a Taliban Leader, Taliban PKM, Taliban RPG, and three generic fighters. - Added six Afghan Civilian units, specifically set for the "Civilian" faction, and has six various units for use. - Added ported (from the Arma 2 Sample Models) Afghan style clothing based on the Takistan units from that game. - Added a ported "Surplus Russian Vest" taken from the A2 Takistan soldier units, thanks to Zeealex for some help with that.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// New Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtTERDQzhydWl2aVU/view?usp=sharing//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// RC9 - Fixed bug of classnamed pilots in the MH-60M - Armor is reduced, now all are easier to shoot down.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
Well I just made the above moot anyway, or not relevant. I've completely stripped the current upload and redoing it, so it'll be redone... sometime. Please don't hit me up for requests, as duh, the #%&*$# is being reworked so if you have a request, don't ask for it, as I'll tell you not to ask for it. Once things get more settled then I'll see about prior stuff but as said before, I will not in the near term be working on any custom units as right now I'm like, focusing on getting things working on the helos again, so I won't have any patience for requests.
Again NO REQUESTS helo-wise anyway. Any issues concerning the current version are going to be Known Issues and Issues I Won't completely be able to fix. Hopefully this redo will fix some as again I'll be focused on them.
Future plans:
Gun pack:
- I've been really thinking of doing an M16A4 (Only version I did like of that weapon) as somebody asked for it and I've been putting it off. The standard weapons for the USAF mod has one, so it'll be a simple move around of files, and she'll be relatively good to go. I've also started tweaking my Glock 45CL to a "Glock MHS", a sort of offering for the Army version, but I highly doubt most people will take it seriously, but I like how it's turning out so far anyway, so that's what's ahead. Maybe some more Aggressor tweaks, like "Haji Matin", a "celebrity" form my former sector, though I think the #%&*$# is dead now anyway, anyway something for HVT missions and the like.
Taliban Stuff
- I've been talking with zeealex and she's helped me figure some things out, as well as some issues. Right now that is not the priority as the helos will take up some time given that simple things sometimes don't work with Arma Logic. Given that the males are good to go I don't have to worry about that much. Again I will do not do multiple configs with your favorite weapons. Again I intentionally did not arm them because if you don't like my weapons then that's your perogative, and mainly for mission makers but using them in the Editor is fairly easy, and again I just don't have the concern or inclination to do any various configs. I had enough problems with the guns, and just don't want to do it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461 Likes: 8 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|