SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 78 of 442 1 2 … 76 77 78 79 80 … 441 442
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 20,152
T
Lifer
Lifer
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 20,152
Originally Posted By: Chucky
Originally Posted By: Vertigo1
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Oplev, 2009) - The original swedish version. I have to say that Fincher is clearly a better a director than Oplev and his film edges out the swedish version in my opinion. I found both to be very good though. Rooney Mara's Lisbeth seemed a tad more authentic to me as a goth (and her tattoo was cooler imho) but, again, both actress' gave good performances. Ironically, I preferred Nyquest over Daniel Craig as Blomquist. I will probably have to watch both films again to make a finer judgement.


I saw the 2011 version first,thought it was very good,then discovered the original 2009 one which I have to say I preferred.Plus it had Noomi Rapace in it,who I like a lot.


all 3 of those movies w/her were very good. You just had to pay close attention because of the closed caption or you'd miss something


XboxLive Tag: DOBrienTG1969

Dave O'Brien,
Top Gun Photography
Nikon D500 & D7200
Nikkor 70-200VR AF-s F/2.8
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8
Sigma 150-600
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,552
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,552
@Vertigo1: You have to watch the extended versions of the original trilogy.

The Fincher's version was horrible.

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2381249/

I haven't seen many in the MI series but I definitely liked this one.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb.

It was ok if you liked the earlier ones. If you didn't, this was the weakest of the three, so it won't change your mind.
It's also the last, the story very much ended, so you needn't worry about another one.

Unless they reboot it with a new cast ala Transformers 4 in a few years, of course.



The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
Originally Posted By: CG2015
@Vertigo1: You have to watch the extended versions of the original trilogy.

The Fincher's version was horrible.



Then I should be in for a treat. I liked Fincher's effort. Then again I found Rooney Mara's take at Lizbeth to be captivating. For all the character's freakishness and anti-social behaviors she kept your eyes glued to the screen and rooting for her character. Would Fincher's version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo have been as good as it was without Mara?

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,585
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,585
South of Heaven, West of Hell.
enjoyed it. Don't think I've ever seen a western quite like it.


Have you seen the Arrow? WWW
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,552
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,552
Minions (2015)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2293640/

Strangely I laughed more at the minions' scene in Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2.

I had high hopes when they made a movie just for the minions and I am greatly disappointed.

I only laughed maybe 3 times throughout the entire film.

3.5/5

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
So I'm assuming that cave that the Minions settled in and lived in for all of those years was in Russia?


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
There were yetis outside, so it seemed to me to be more Tibet-ish.




The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,718
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,718
Wife and I watched the last episode of Falling Skies.

This last season seems a bit...rushed. It's like they're trying too hard to tie up loose ends.

Not to say it isn't good, but just lacking something the other seasons did.


The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
There were yetis outside, so it seemed to me to be more Tibet-ish.




The Jedi Master
That's a long hike then since Napoleon's army never went further east than Moscow!


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Originally Posted By: Dart
Wife and I watched the last episode of Falling Skies.

This last season seems a bit...rushed. It's like they're trying too hard to tie up loose ends.

Not to say it isn't good, but just lacking something the other seasons did.


They need to get it finished by the 10th episode, and this week was #6. Only 4 to go!

For some odd reason, last season was 12 hours while all the others are only 10. So there will be 52 when it ends.




The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,552
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,552
And how was India a hop and a skip from Australia in 1968?

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2381249/
Action was over the top like most movies anymore but overall I did enjoy the flick.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
V
Veteran
Veteran
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
Originally Posted By: wheelsup_cavu
Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2381249/
Action was over the top like most movies anymore but overall I did enjoy the flick.


Wheels


I saw this as well. It was very good; a welcome change from the Kingsmen disappointment.

Last edited by Vertigo1; 08/06/15 12:54 AM.

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman

Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
"FANTASTIC FOUR".... wasn't so fantastic. It wasn't even "Hum Drum 4." Save your money or take a lighter to your money like the human torch. I don't care which, Just don't waste it in this crap. Bad... awfully bad.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
In the case of Fantastic Four it looks like the bad reviews and poor box office attendance are coinciding. Its projected weekend take is well below even modest expectations.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
Out of all the movies I've ever commented on this forum, I've always tried to find something positive. I take movies with a grain of salt. I'll even watch expecting the movie to get better or to hope there is a payoff at the end and I'll comment accordingly. This movie provides nothing of any entertainment value. I even like Kate Mara and hoped I could at least enjoy her performance. Nope.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465

Fantastic 4 has been a disaster in the making for some time. Fox decided to release this turd, to comply with contractual obligations, so that the film rights do not revert back to Marvel.


Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
J
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
Just picked up the Water Diviner on Itunes. Pretty good movie and it gives us better look inside
Turkey during the end of WW1. Beautiful country torn by war.


Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
Page 78 of 442 1 2 … 76 77 78 79 80 … 441 442

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,943 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1