SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 238 of 240 1 2 … 236 237 238 239 240
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
I'm looking for some help.

There's this idea I've had for a web site where I could have links to my DCS World missions for download and a donate button, so I could get a little 'mailbox money' from my efforts. It could be a simple page and I want to be able to add text and background, and add new missions as they become available. (Not sure I need a mission rating feature, or customer comments arr arr...)

What do I need to get to make this work? Does somebody know how to do this and want to give me a hand?

WC

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 21
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 21
click here Weebly

Last edited by Bilko; 05/16/15 03:57 PM.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Thank you -- looks good! I was also thinking of trying my hand at Google Sites,,, I've made enough of those at work.


BTW, some new missions and features are up on Hollo Pointe. Most of the Client fast-movers now have wingmen, which has turned out to be pretty fun!

WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Nice to see all the good discussions in the forum!

I worked up a site and hope to have it available later this week.



WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Question for Huey drivers -- What Red armor tracked unit is the least effective and easiest to kill?
APC MTLB
ARV BRDM-2
AVR BTR-RD
ARV MTLB-U Bowman

WC

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,896
B
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
Senior Member
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,896
I hope I didn't do something not aloud in the brief as red commander. There was a sudden exodus


Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
No, Blue got called away by the CINC. Anything goes in the mission.

Road To Persa mission --
From the A-10C in Blue, I had no indication of Red units on the F10 map. Fog Of War is On along with External Views. I know raven got in there close to some Red and I expected to see the Red show up on F10. I could see Red positions with their Labels but not on the map.

WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
DCS Summer Sale announcement -- Combined Arms is $7.99.



WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
How classic is that! Armor outruns its own air defense. When will they learn?



WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
"The ground is a very deadly weapon."

It depends upon the nature of the terrain.



WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
An enhancement was added to the new Simply War mission. Now Combined Arms players can deploy MANPADS and RPG units from some armor groups. You have one deployment per armor group, so use it only when needed. See the Radio F10 menu.

WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Pulling in the opposing armor forces in Simply War,,, want to make it fun for the Combined Arms players, by reducing the time to engage. There is arty for both sides, as well as field air defense -- but the CA has to bring it forward.

---

The M1-A1s are nice for long range targeting, once you get the hang of it. Point, Enter, slew and fire!



WC

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
The Mission was "The Highway"
You are low on ammo, and the only way home is through a gauntlet of SAM/RADAR Sites, You must fly below Radar, and Below SAM Tracking, and there are convoys on the Highway.

This video is actually a few weeks (Months?) old, forgot I had recorded it,
I was running the Highway Mission, and A convoy had tagged me with rounds, took out some systems, but I kept going, didnt know they had damaged my left wing, so as soon as I made the 5+G Bank turn about halfway through the waypoints, the wing snapped off and down my A-10C Went.

I Edited off the boring stretch over the lake running on autopilot.




Last edited by SkateZilla; 06/07/15 05:32 PM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,180
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,180
Highway is AWESOME! The only problem I've got is A, trying to fly too low over the lake (<10 feet) and B, getting systems knocked out from small arms after taking stupid risks strafing. The scenes along the highway after a few hours reminds you of the Highway of Death in some places, and the low flying really makes the map and experience feel very fresh.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
I can get through w/o taking hits, you gotta zig zag a lil, approach convoys from center over the highway, as you approach, cut one way, then back another, I made the mistake of staying to the side, and all they had to do was lead, so I banked right to use the wing to protect the engines, i didnt realize the convoy had damaged the wing as much as they did, pulled the 5G turn into the valley after the city and boom, wing gone, rolled into the dirt.

for the lake/beginning, I dive low, under power lines, hop the one small city, and then hit the AP button at the coast and manage ALT using trim up/down.


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
The Highway is one of those missions that is just plain Classic!

Nice vid Skate -- but you're sposed to go *under* the bridge at the lake exit biggrin I love the screen real estate that you have, especially the instruments below the cockpit.

Yes, scrim, was that you going over the lake at 144'? I think folks can't tie a much lower altitude than that. BTW, that bridge, where the illumination bomb is, you can go under it at 180' and even a bit higher, but you will scrape the tops of the tail. 'Scraaape' yikes what was that? 160' is a good height, plenty of room.


The Highway can be won with Combined Arms, too (the mission is a Blue COOP); if you can get some Blue air defense in near Novo then the Red cargo helicopter can't land to supply the base. Huey guys like to fly up near the lake and pick off the convoys coming down from KC. There is a FARP halfway down, and another near the coast; raven has been trying to make it to Gelen, but needs A-10C help with the couple of few Outposts and their stenken ZUs. Geez I hate it when that first ZU manages to knock out my cannon. If Blue F-15Cs get in there and make it to feet wet then all kinds of Red jet trouble ensues.

WC

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
I was having FPS issues that day for some reason, so I didnt want to risk it..


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,180
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,180
Well, my rule of thumb for the lake is pretty much: If you don't see the water rippling behind you, you're too high.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
We had a good crowd in the Back Of The Hand mission last night. Mol and Bast had a successful flight blowing up The Red Rocket Factory and got back home to enjoy the mission victory --



--

raven, Maclean and I had fun in Simply War. This one is shaping up to be a very good CA fight. raven was in his Huey mowing infantry while Mac and I battled it out with armor and artillery. A few more test runs and it should be good.

WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
A new player came into Hollo Pointe last night. I got a chuckle out of our conversation. ...hope he takes some time to learn his jet, and then comes back for some fun.

CHAT: Jun 09 18:24:58 {name = "(New Guy)", said "Hello, I'm pretty new" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:25:10 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "Hi (New Guy)" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:25:13 {name = "Maclean", said "wait are you up now" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:25:19 {name = "Maclean", said "hello (New Guy)" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:25:32 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "M I'm 2 miles behind you " to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:26:10 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "yes, have fun shooting TOWs" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:26:12 {name = "(New Guy)", uaid "How do I join the fight?" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:26:39 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "OK you are new" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:26:44 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said ":-)" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:27:03 {name = "(New Guy)", said "Got it yesterday :D" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:27:36 {name = "(New Guy)", said "#Neverfiredaweaponthathitthetarget" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:27:41 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "well, we are about to go into a big battle, so wont have too much time right now" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:28:02 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "OK Mac, coming to you" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:28:20 {name = "(New Guy)", said "Really doe, how do I join in" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:28:48 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "you need to Join a slot that you own a module for" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:28:59 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said ":-)" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:29:09 {name = "(New Guy)", said "Then?" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:29:31 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "easy,,, Read The Manual" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:30:07 {name = "(New Guy)", said "Got it" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:30:18 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "spend a fe wminutes" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:30:46 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "FARP in sighgt" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:31:31 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "heading in" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:33:21 {name = "(New Guy)", said "Dont ask" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:34:41 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "on your left Mac" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:36:51 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "arrrg" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:37:42 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "keep bring your group forward" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:37:58 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "nice!" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:38:25 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "WTG Mac and (New Guy)! :-)" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:40:13 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "that was fun," to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:40:33 {name = "(New Guy)", said "I never managed to get off the ground lol." to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:40:39 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "(New Guy), do you want to fly combat aircraft? In sims?" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:40:50 {name = "(New Guy)", said "?" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:40:54 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "why did you buy this game?" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:41:19 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "most folks who fly it spend years with it" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:41:27 {name = "(New Guy)", said "Got it for free on steam." to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:41:51 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "there are many different aircraft, and a few very good forums for discussion" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:42:13 {name = "(New Guy)", said "I can fly" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:42:14 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "tell the truth, I figured, but!" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:42:34 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "WELCOME TO THIS ASPECT OF GAMES" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:42:41 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "OPPS CAPS" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:44:45 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "HMM, GOT BOOTED, BACK" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:44:55 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "CAPS lock off" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:45:20 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "(New Guy), SimHQ.com -- find us there" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:45:35 {name = "(New Guy)", said "K" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:45:42 {name = "(New Guy)", said "Starting up" to all
SCREENSHOT: Jun 09 18:49:31 {name = "Wrecking Crew", made a screenshot.

CHAT: Jun 09 18:52:14 {name = "(New Guy)", said "So" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:52:27 {name = "(New Guy)", said "I stalled and exploded" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:52:47 {name = "Maclean", said "Has happened to all of us" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:53:06 {name = "(New Guy)", said "Literally 10 seconds after taking off" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:53:53 {name = "(New Guy)", said "I am new" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:54:30 {name = "Wrecking Crew", said "really you need to rtfm and practice" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:54:48 {name = "(New Guy)", said "meh" to all
CHAT: Jun 09 18:55:03 {name = "(New Guy)", said "Idc I'm having fun" to all

Page 238 of 240 1 2 … 236 237 238 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,784 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1