SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 … 32 33
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Originally Posted By: HumanDrone
HA! I feel like Grandpa McCoy after a hard day's work, that's for sure. We sit out on our swing before we head in, and by the time I get up I've stiffened up so bad, and so many times I've fetched my arms up the way he used to and imitated him, "Well, little Luke, I guess we'd best be headin' in - if I could just get this pitchfork outta my ***!"

I don't know where you're located, but any more, with coyotes and bigger cats making a comeback, it's probably a good idea to keep a shotgun handy, maybe even just like the old West, in your saddle! Criminee, I'm in an area that's not really rural, patches of woods and housing plans, and we have coyotes here!


HumanDrone,coyotes we have plenty of. You can sit on the porch and here their song every night. Black bears are making a comeback. You hear rumors of big cats but no proof. Located in the deep south USA. as for keeping a 6 shooter in the saddle, you can shoot off 4 of my 5 mounts. If you have ever tried Cowboy Mounted Shooting it is a rush! FYI, you can shoot off of any horse......Once!


Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
Originally Posted By: MFair
Originally Posted By: Raine
MFair, that saloon is brilliant! I'd just want to sit there all day with a shotgun saying things like "Keep movin' stranger, if'n ye know what's good fer ye."

Raine and Humandrone,if you look closer at the picture there is a double barrel 12 gauge sitting next to me. I have been known to act a bit like Yosemite Sam after too many drinks but that was some time ago. Now it's more like " Grandpa" on " The Real McCoys".


I noticed the "coach gun" as I call it. Does it have side hammers or is it a box lock?


(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
Originally Posted By: MFair
FYI, you can shoot off of any horse......Once!




The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
Originally Posted By: MFair
Originally Posted By: HumanDrone
HA! I feel like Grandpa McCoy after a hard day's work, that's for sure. We sit out on our swing before we head in, and by the time I get up I've stiffened up so bad, and so many times I've fetched my arms up the way he used to and imitated him, "Well, little Luke, I guess we'd best be headin' in - if I could just get this pitchfork outta my ***!"

I don't know where you're located, but any more, with coyotes and bigger cats making a comeback, it's probably a good idea to keep a shotgun handy, maybe even just like the old West, in your saddle! Criminee, I'm in an area that's not really rural, patches of woods and housing plans, and we have coyotes here!


HumanDrone,coyotes we have plenty of. You can sit on the porch and here their song every night. Black bears are making a comeback. You hear rumors of big cats but no proof. Located in the deep south USA. as for keeping a 6 shooter in the saddle, you can shoot off 4 of my 5 mounts. If you have ever tried Cowboy Mounted Shooting it is a rush! FYI, you can shoot off of any horse......Once!


FYI, you can shoot off of any horse......Once! biggrin


(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

All this talk of horses and the earlier mention of Yosemite Sam reminded me of the following cartoon. While Sam is showing off his riding and handling skills vis-�-vis a 'ship of the desert', (and an elephant), I've a hunch he applies the same methods to horses.



Gawd, these old cartoons still make me split a side!

.


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Lou,that took me back a few years. Saturday morning cartoon with my brothers. Robert,too funny, and I don't recall which one I had with me on that day as I have one hammered and one box lock. Down south only the short ones we call coach guns.


Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Just shoot me...
Member
Just shoot me...
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert
.

All this talk of horses and the earlier mention of Yosemite Sam reminded me of the following cartoon. While Sam is showing off his riding and handling skills vis-�-vis a 'ship of the desert', (and an elephant), I've a hunch he applies the same methods to horses.

<clipped video>

Gawd, these old cartoons still make me split a side!

.


You ain't just kidding! They are about the best ever made, I just roar with laughter. Do you recall some group of handkerchief-wringing busybodies getting their knickers all twisted up about how violent they were?

So now we have Dragonball-Z and the like... what an improvement... screwy


Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
I was informed by Lou that I needed to submit an official application to join the illustrious Barmy OFFers club, this is my official notice.


Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

But Banjoman, what are your qualifications? winkngrin

HEE HAW! It's most definitely an "aye" from me.
Vice President Olham, Vice President Dej, what say either or both of you?
Members of questionable standing, what say any or all of you?
Is this man barmy enough?

.


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
He spends too much time thinking about WOFF.... that is good enough for me, a questionable member, often questioned by SWMBO when I explain what I DiD today


Last edited by MudWasp; 05/18/15 08:33 PM. Reason: fat fingers
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

"what I DiD today" - that one made me laugh out loud, MudWasp. Did She Who Must Be Obeyed find the humour in it? (he asked knowing full well what the answer was)

.


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
I told you I play the banjo, that will either get me in or completely banned. hahaha


Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
I got just enough accomplished around the old shack that SWMBO didn't bat an eye.

Speaking of shacks....MFair....I didn't see those pics of yours until today.
Mighty Fine club house thumbsup
Hey, do you shoot a black powder percussion cap revolver, or ever done so? I like them once in awhile.
thumbsup on the chaps and hat

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Yikes!!!....Dueling banjos on the porch... thumbsup




Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
didn't mean any movie references to be infered.
maybe this is a better choice...


Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Haha, doesn't bother me. I'm sure most people think, when they learn that I play the banjo, that I'm that kid all grown up.


Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
If accepted, I promise to fly under a towel or blanket while wearing two sweaters.


Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Dye your hair...LOL...now I'm digging banjo tunes....and stray cats


Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
and anutter one....


Last edited by MudWasp; 05/18/15 09:25 PM.
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Originally Posted By: Banjoman
If accepted, I promise to fly under a towel or blanket while wearing two sweaters.


All well and good, but will you also set up a small fan to blow regular spritzes of castor oil, supplied by a cobbled windshield washer/nozzle assembly, into your face as you fly your WOFF sorties? Hmmmmmmmm?



Oh, forgot to add, I love banjo music.

.


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Page 5 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 … 32 33

Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,080,966 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1