SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 237 of 240 1 2 … 235 236 237 238 239 240
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
That is the Isometric View -- INS, I think.

WC

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Oh gotta try that. I've been hoping for something like that but assumed it didn't exist after trying the F keys. I've been hitting F11 and flying around the map till I found my vehicle. Not so intuitive and a waste of smoke having to mark my own position for myself biggrin

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
tc -- did you win Vulcans vs Sharks? I just checked the TV and saw you were in the server. Looks Like Vulcans restarted about 15 minutes ago.

raven and his sister are out back playing in the mud, repairing a sprinkler line. Going to be time for some Huey action soon.

WC

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Yes I jumped in for 20 min or so since I didn't recognize the mission name. I wanted to try the key you mentioned above, and sure enough it worked. Thanks again. I advanced a Stryker (or some wheeled IFV at least)and got zapped, presumably by an RPG. Pulled an Abrams up and engaged the troops then noticed some helos a few miles away. Then decided a Hog might be more fun so I made a gun and Maverick attack on the choppers. Once in the air I saw a lot more troops than were visible in the tanks so I practiced gunning em. Not sure if I triggered the restart or not but it restarted while I was in.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
So, now I'm involved.

Need Matt's help, too.

WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
In some missions the Strykers are group-separated out between the MGS variant and the Stryker ATGM. The Mobile Gun System get killed easily -- from the little I played with them I ,,, umm and not sure what they are good for.

Ships seem to be working! What I mean is, this one did not disappear when we got close --

Arrrrgggggggggggg.

ahoy

WC

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Hehehe that's good! Not sure what variant I was in but it didn't live long once they started shooting.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
More Highway action by the Huey guys again tonight -- Basher, JimTM, oneeyedog...




The new Simple War mission got a lot of Mission Editor attention today, but then raven suggested a new 'feature' that will take a little while to code. ...there's this rogue cargo truck carrying a nuke that is driving towards our base...

WC

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 307
C
MAJ, IN, USA
Member
MAJ, IN, USA
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 307
I can't seem to find either server under multiplayer. I found Hollo Pointe last night but it would not let me on for some reason.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Cav


Stephen Luebbert
MAJ, AR
United States Army

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 500
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 500
Originally Posted By: CAVCPT
I can't seem to find either server under multiplayer. I found Hollo Pointe last night but it would not let me on for some reason.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Cav



Make sure you open the singleplayer main executable and check for any updates to DC World that you may have missed. The updating check does not happen when opening the multiplayer side so if you have only started that executable recently you will not be able to connect to any servers that are at a different version from you, with no error message explaining the cause.

Good luck and let us know if that helps.


Everybody gets everything they want. I wanted a mission. And for my sins..they gave me one.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Hi CAVCPT --
The latest update, v1.2.16 something..., caused the servers to only appear to players with that new version. The Firehouse is not running DCS these days, and Hollo Pointe is on this latest version.

I used to have more file integrity checks in the HP server in the past but those file checks are all now the stock minimum -- that could be the reason why you cannot connect, that is, if you are running any mods.

Sometime this week we can get on Teamspeak and I can watch the server while you try to login.

WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Can Mav H's lock onto a target with just TMS Up? Or do they have to be force-correlated?

WC

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 664
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 664
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
Can Mav H's lock onto a target with just TMS Up? Or do they have to be force-correlated?

WC


They ought to work just like the D/G, though the game can be more prudish when it comes to determining what's a good contrast lock for TV missiles as opposed to the IRTV missiles.


Off to greener pastures
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Well, I had a heck of a time -- I'd get the Mav H seeker to to lock onto a spot on the ground with TMS Down. I could get the Mav seeker close to a vehicle but it would never 'jump' to the target with TMS Up, like a D model does. I was not using the TGP because the target was close at 2-3 miles.

WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
The Highway has a new (secret) Blue FARP at just about the halfway point. raven and a few others have been ripping up the traffic up by the lake out of FARP Dallas. Now they can extend, and should be able to rearm and repair at the new FARP Paris.



WC

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,599
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,599
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
Well, I had a heck of a time -- I'd get the Mav H seeker to to lock onto a spot on the ground with TMS Down. I could get the Mav seeker close to a vehicle but it would never 'jump' to the target with TMS Up, like a D model does. I was not using the TGP because the target was close at 2-3 miles.

WC


F/C and the break lock ground track are not the same thing. The H, G, and K models have F/C as an option in addition to the centroid which is present on all models.

F/C is all in the boat switch. DCS users don't use the boat switch much for Maverick delivery but in reality the fact that boat switch aft or forward changes the crosshair colors is not just for the pilot's amusement. It determines the color of the target that the Maverick should lock on to (for centroid, for F/C it doesn't matter). For example if the target is a black dot and the crosshairs are white it will never lock in real life. DCS is deficient in modeling this.

Starting from boat aft or forward and a F/C-capable Maverick ready, change the boat switch to the center position and slew. You'll see that the crosshairs will be uninterrupted across the entire MFCD format. Notice in this procedure you never have to press TMS in any way.

Last edited by Frederf; 05/09/15 11:32 PM.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Originally Posted By: Frederf
Starting from boat aft or forward and a F/C-capable Maverick ready, change the boat switch to the center position and slew. You'll see that the crosshairs will be uninterrupted across the entire MFCD format. Notice in this procedure you never have to press TMS in any way.


Thanks, Frederf! I think that is exactly what I needed.

WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Something new...



WC

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 199
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 199
Nice mission Crew, great practice for the f-15. Been a while since I flew it.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Glad you are enjoying it -- same here.

WC

Page 237 of 240 1 2 … 235 236 237 238 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,410 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1