SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 66 1 2 … 10 11 12 13 14 … 65 66
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
And some IAR tweaking:


Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
And s change in texture for the Desert IAR C-Mag:


Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
Some teaser images:

LWRC 6.8 SPR

Right now the stock is what it is and may take the time to tan it... not sure yet right now as it does clash with the rest of the weapon. Shown without stuff and geared up. Right now I may or may not for now put irons on there and if so will be much like the Mk20 SSR in execution, I just don't think irons are good on rifles when they look really good "clean" without stuff. But that's just me:





Barrett M103

For giggles as mentioned before I slanted the brake up (Appleseed inspired) but overall showing clean and with a bipod attached:





And the Masada SPR:



Again most of the stuff will be "as is" for RC55 as I have a backlog on some stuff I need to update elsewhere. Yes, I know that the SPR Masada has a PRS style stock, but for now (I think I'm pushing it as far as modifying somebody else's work as it is, and no, no right hand modification is going to be done, again) it'll stay with the "default" stock that is already there.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
Okay the Harris bipod will have the springs (amazing how I missed that...) but it'll animate only so much, so that said, the springs will animate, just not like in real life (animations don't cover it) and also making a low profile mount for the Aimpoint. Stuff left to do tomorrow is finish the inventory images for the above weapons and maybe you'll get a release tomorrow, who knows...

Stuff to look at after RC55:

- Animating the integral bipods
- Various other tweaks

Right now after RC55 I have some client stuff to get finished, such as one person and also the USAF Mod weapons redone and enhanced a la the Marksman DLC, as well as for a clan weapon pack. So after RC5 I'll be tied up with that until I can like, take a breather from guns...

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
Also did some more ammo work, tweaked some bullets as well as added and removed a magazine...

For those who use the L85A2, the "SS109_mag" will be removed and be replaced with the M16855a1_mag as well as having the ability (though in real life I'm understanding Brits just use Ball) to fire Mk318 and Mk262 rounds as well.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
Given the lack of customers for my school I decided to cancel it, which is fine as its one less thing to worry about, so:

Player Status: IN a group still and no, I'm not joining your clan so don't harass me to leave my group, because that is... harassment, leave me alone on that subject.

That is all.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
Nice, I got the inventory images done (all of them...) and pretty much need to do some tweaks with various things and going to upload. for some reason BIS decided to redo Publisher and broke something that works. I did mention that to them so hopefully (I'm sure the Tools guys are working on it) as right now I can't update via Steam. So when I upload later on (probably, I just need the updated Readme and that'll be it.) it'll be ONLY for those who aren't on Steam. I'm sorry but it's not my fault that Steam isn't working properly. So once that issue is fixed then I'll definitely upload on Steam and you all can get updated like that.

However here's some more pics of the Low Mounted CCO:





Regarding the killflash effect on the CCOs gobi42 I got my Rock River Arms M4 back and after ten years my Aimpoint still works (nice as all I had to do was replace the battery) and so far looking through it again I can still shoot reliably with it. And in-game it doesn't seem to affect me so the killflash will stay. However I can do some non-killflash versions if needed but overall I have not experienced any problems (and frankly turned out pretty decent) and lightened it up a bit after these screenshots were taken.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
After some soul searching and more like "what the hell" I'm creating a fictional (so far) OPFOR group, the "Persian Islamic Front" which just goes along with my pack. Given that O'hally as far as I know hasn't updated his AKs for 1.24+ so I've decided to make a small mini mod that is a small config file that creates the enemy unit using my weapons, so if you use my weapons, it comes along as a package deal, and if you don't like it, don't use it philosophy. Most of the units are basic CSAT soldiers wearing civilian clothes (all default stuff so it'll be... interesting) but sticks to using again A3 equipment and various CSAT weaponry (MGs and the Rahim at the basic level, and RPG-32s), but no bug helmets but will use some CSAT supplied gear. It's not much to go into or read into but overall I like the Geurilla factions that the Independents have as well as FIA, but the Persian Islamic Front is of course a CSAT proxy group so they naturally get some gear from the CSAT benefactors. Most of it will just entail guys to shoot at and make use of the HK418 as well, kinda give it a point. Maybe some light vehicles and maybe light armor but nothing too extravagant.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
So far I've come up with this:

PIF Soldier
PIF Marksman
PIF Zafir Gunner
PIF RPG Gunner
CSAT Advisor (even made a tricked out AK Tactical working, shots later on though...)

It's going pretty smooth, and I'm also taking a harder look at AI settings, i.e. not just "one for all" given I'm taking a "break" today from just gun work, though I did manage to start the process for the Barrett rifles. It's an alibi but RC56...

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
Did some color changing of the basic MTP uniform and ended up with this:




Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
[url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lsne30llxr3pfh/%40U100RC55.7z?dl=0]/url]

RC55
- Tweaked RVMATs and added ones missing from last update
- Added Mk12 Special Purpose Rifle
- Improved detail on L85A2 and M27 IARs
- Added a Marksman DLC compatible Harris bipod, deployable. It should be noted that due to animation limitations the springs
don't move into position like the real bipod
- Used a different texture for the M24 Woodland
- Fixed ammo entries for the Glock 45CL magazines
- Added inertia values for the AT4 and Guided AT4
- Integrated Marskman DLC additions into the weaponset.
- Muzzleflash issue fixed (By BIS)
- Glock 45CL now has a 3-round burst capability.
- M8 Carbine PMC reflex sight is set for a fixed zero of 300m
- Added LWRC 6.8 Custom
- Integrated Marksman DLC features into weapons that can realistically mount a bipod.
- Tweaked weapon shadow LODs
- Updated inventory icons for the new DLC
- Added Barrett M103 and Masada SPR.
- Fixed IAR Iron sight zeroring, can be set for up to 600m like the real life system
- Updated game handling of the AT4 Guided.
- Added Low profile mounted M68 CCO Low.
- Readme PDF done by Greame Shute.
- Added Barrett M103
- Added Masada SPR
- Added Desert M107
- Fixed HK416/Masterkey magazine model, was using a LOD instead of the better version.
- Removed "SS109_mag" and replaced it with "M16855a1_mag", L85A2 can use the Mk318, and Mk262 rounds
- CAR-15 can use vanilla ammunition, and added Mk318 and Mk262 capability


Note until Steam works reliably for now it'll be just the Dropbox and other linked downloads

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
Also decided to redo the Hk615 (as well as fix that reversed face on the magazine) and also make a 14-inch barreled version as well. And I missed updating the rails on the 615, will be in next update, sometime right now as while I'm doing this and that I still have other commitments so... I'll get to it when I do.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
Some things I found with RC55 that have been fixed so far:

- Suppressor texture missing on the 762 SOCOM, fixed.
- Need to fix the M24 Woodland scope texture, should be fixed shortly.
- Missing vertices on the HK416 and IAR rails, fixed.

Current ideas:

- Maybe make an M24 with a rail piece so you can mount whatever scopes you want
- Integral bipods, I'm starting to work on that slowly and more than likely incorporate that into the Barretts (working on that actually) as well as the M24, though I was thinking of simply making a position for the bipod for players who want their own...?
- Persian Islamic Front unit addition, I did some more tweaking as the green was a bit bright when I was playing an Insurgency map I was working on.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8

- L115s now have Silencer capability, though currently I use the DLC suppressors in .338 (all versions)
- M107s and M103 will have better backup sights, I removed the default ones and added the KAC sights from the M27 so if needed you have something better to use than the abomination that were the earlier sights.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 763
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 763
Did they remove ASDG Joint Rails from the Steam Workshop?


3 Samsung 27" LED Monitors powered by a Zotac 4GB 680GTX. Set at PCI Gen3. 5760 x 1080 resolution.
MSI z68a-gd80 (g3) motherboard
Ivy Bridge 3770k 3.5Ghz
32GB RAM (all .pbo's loaded into a 12GB RamDisk)
TrackIR4
zboard merc keyboard
Saitek X-52 stick/throttle/pedals
Logitech MOMO racing wheel/pedals
Razer Deathadder 3500 black mouse
Sony receiver for 5.1 surround sound. 5 speakers and powered sub-woofer.
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
I remember Robalo grousing about it, about kiddies jacking his mod and uploading it as their own. Right now updating on Steam is still WIP (I tried earlier but no worky, Publisher crashed when it was finished uploading). But that's far as I understand his situation though, but the latest is on Armaholic.com

Okay thanks to 80Deuce on the Steam Workshop for pointing out a major "problem". Prior to RC55 I decided to consolidate ammunition so I'd have a better "repository" within the config itself. So when I did that I didn't replace the bullet names in the HK416 Mk318 and M855A1 mags, so there's no click, no boom. So for now the Mk262 mags for RC55 are yes, kosher and quite honestly a good round, that I'm using more often now anyway. So next weekish I planned on RC56 anyway so until then happy shooting... And sorry for that inconvenience.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ew98z6tkh7k8cp4/%40U10055_5.7z?dl=0

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

- Tweaked and fixed IAR and HK416 rail systems
- Added HK615 14-inch barrel, tweaked the HK615 12-inch model as well. Like the 12-inch model only uses BIS ammo and a set Initspeed. Currently uses the 12-inch inventory images.
- Fixed scope texture on M24 Woodland.
- Condensed TMR resting configs so it is one config, instead of two.
- Added "Persian Islamic Front", a fictional CSAT proxy unit, mainly to use my AKs properly until other mods come out similarly, but can be found in OPFOR/PIF.

Unit classnames:

- PIF_Soldier
- PIF_RPG
- PIF_MG
- PIF_Medic
- PIF_O_Adviser

- Removed additional bipod proxy on M110 SASS.
- Fixed rail pieces on M103.
- Added suppression values to select ammunition.
- Fixed Shadow LOD (and named properly) the PVS-22/M3LR.
- Fixed missing suppressor texture on the 762 SOCOM
- Added RVMATs to the M103, both M107s, and the XM109.
- Fixed pathname for M136 Rocket.
- Removed legacy M107 iron sights and installed KAC 600m flip down sights.
- Fixed paths on L115 models, also suppressed sound is that of the Barrett M107
- Fixed magazine entries for the HK416, Mk318 and M855A1 magazines.
- Fixed magazine entries for the LWRC6.8 Custom.
- Separated folders for ease for uploading to Steam, content is the same though.
- Added Desert colored Harris DLC bipod.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
Okay good news, Publisher is worky now (thanks BIS) and so Steam users will get the update when they do.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
Okay after this for now I'm gonna have to put development on hold somewhat as I need to get some client work done, and also some other work, so within a few days after I get prior commitments finished I can refocus back on this... So if any major glitches are found of course I'll see what I can do as I thought I had taken care of the HK615 14-inch right.. which is the current 12-inch barreled version. Not a showstopper but one more thing that's fixed. So it's at a good spot now so give me a few days and I'll get back on it.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 8
Stuff I've been working on for RC56:

- Updated PDF
- Suppressors for the Mk12 Special Purpose Rifle courtesy of Warlord554, colors range from Desert, Tan FDE, Snake Skin, OD Green, and nominal black
- Early model (I would assume) or current SR-25 suppressor (which forms the look of BIS's I would guess).
- "Ibex" Reflex sights, small sights I usually write in my military science fiction but it's a simple relfex sight, usable for pistols (set for 100m) and Rifles or SMGs (300m set zero). But given bullet performance of short barreled weapons and ballistics I can easily make an "SMG" one as well, in which 200m is good for most of the weapons, to include the default Varmin .45 SMG.
- More RVMAT tweaks, I managed to make the Glock 45CL look purtier as well as a green camo (WIP) version.
- I managed to fix some errors for my units and add a UAV Operator. Given the narrative with most proxy supplied units only the CSAT Advisor will have NVGs and real-world behavior, only the cool guys get the NVGs, and that's their CSAT Handler, and it's nice to fight guys who have good weapons, but don't always have everything.
- Tweaking unit textures as well (Persian Islamic Front), and more shooting at them shows that darkening the uniforms are a good idea for Altis and related places.
- Also managed to fix the proxy area for a secondary sighting system for the Guided AT4, which I had thought I included but didn't, that's fixed now. Given I stick with VAS it should be noted that you should mount your optic after you load your loadout (I simply mount an ACO) and then put it on the missile system. I also have to redo the CfgAmmo for the Guided AT4 as it'll lock but won't maneuver like it should or used to, so I have to go into BIS's stuff and redo that.
- WarLord554 decided to thankfully texture the Barret M468 so depending on his schedule and life, it'll be added, sometime.

Page 12 of 66 1 2 … 10 11 12 13 14 … 65 66

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,414 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1