|
|
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,672 Likes: 3
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,672 Likes: 3 |
And that is the very classy polite way things are run. Even the game it's self oozes class.
Last edited by Hackl; 02/25/15 08:30 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,010
sometime mudslinger Senior Member
|
|
sometime mudslinger Senior Member
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,010 |
That is a fantastic picture.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,672 Likes: 3
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,672 Likes: 3 |
Yes it's wrong. I'm sorry It's like an old English motorcycle test rider that I remember who tested the first Honda CB 750-4. He's blown away by the fantastic performance but you can tell he still loves his old Triumphs BSA'S and Norton's. The only negative thing he could come up with about the Honda was that it lacked class..... I'm an old Triumph BSA Norton BMW fan boys ....Forgive me LOLOLOL  We all know about after market stuff for bikes though
Last edited by Hackl; 02/26/15 10:10 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 30
Quiet Professional Junior Member
|
|
Quiet Professional Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 30 |
This is my kind of Triumph. Wife think I am too old to have one at 36. She thinks young guys and hot chicks should ride them. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,672 Likes: 3
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,672 Likes: 3 |
What about when you're 55? I don't think I could hang on to that thing
Last edited by Hackl; 02/26/15 11:28 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,807
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,807 |
I have a Kawasaki Versys 650 and I'm 61.
Intel i5 2500K CPU @4.0,Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 MB (turbo) GTX 1060 6G, 16G DDR3, Windows 10 Home 64 bit- "N�or bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368 Likes: 19
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368 Likes: 19 |
Just to keep this thread on-topic,as is the way on SimHQ.I'm 55 and have ridden bikes all my adult life but I would have the classic Triumph over the sporty Daytona purely for the sake of my poor old back and wrists 
If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,672 Likes: 3
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,672 Likes: 3 |
Me too Chucky 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,807
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,807 |
A good friend of mine has the Tiger 800. Sporty looks and upright posture, best of both worlds. I do really like the looks of the Bonnies though. If I could afford a garage full of bikes, the Bonnie would be there for sure.
Intel i5 2500K CPU @4.0,Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 MB (turbo) GTX 1060 6G, 16G DDR3, Windows 10 Home 64 bit- "N�or bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474 Likes: 13
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474 Likes: 13 |
This is my kind of Triumph. Wife think I am too old to have one at 36. She thinks young guys and hot chicks should ride them. Never to old mate... here's my 92 Blade, had it years and I keep being told I should get rid of it, hahaha! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,672 Likes: 3
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,672 Likes: 3 |
Just to keep this thread on-topic,as is the way on SimHQ.I'm 55 and have ridden bikes all my adult life but I would have the classic Triumph over the sporty Daytona purely for the sake of my poor old back and wrists  In the real world Doc House needs to keep that long crickety back straight 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 36
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 36 |
Yes keeping things on topic I used to have a 728cc oil in the frame Bonnie with right hand gear change, front disc, rear drum and five speed box. It was a basket case when I bought it. Gave me something to do after braking my leg on another bike.
I looked up the engine/frame numbers and it was in the last 20 made at Meridan before it went over to the NVT cooperative. Literally out of bits they had lying around.
I sold it to a mate for 850 quid in 1984! which was a tidy profit, but I hate to think what it would be worth now.
I too am 55 and I had a couple of goes on my brother's Aprillia Mille super dooper mega rocket thing and it frightened the living sh1t out of me. 95 in a 30 without even trying to try.
Far too fast for this old brain.
Regards,
Mike
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368 Likes: 19
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368 Likes: 19 |
Bet you wish you still had that Bonnie now Mike.I left college in the late 70's and went to work at a motorcycle dealer in London. They sold Triumphs and Nortons back then that must have come out of Meriden.If I remember rightly they were T140V's,Tridents and 850 Commando's.I remember NVT going out of business,around '83 I think? I once got to road-test a Trident,white and gold paintwork.What a lovely looking and sounding machine. You can't beat the sound of a triple  *edit* Sorry,I forgot.What was this thread about?
If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 36
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 36 |
Too true Chucky.
My last Norton Commando was an 850 MK3 with electric start. Bought it in '84 for 630 quid after I sold the Bonnie. Sold it a few years ago for 1900 which I thought was pretty good. Reading in Classic Bike they are now worth 8000! If you can get one. I re-built it in 1986 from the ground up and it kept going until last year when the bloke who has got it now blew the bottom end out of it.
The great days of NVT when showrooms didn't have carpet on the floor, just drip trays under the bikes! Happy days.
*edit* Ref CLOD - got it running with Team Fusion mods and think it's brilliant. Can't really comment on BOS as haven't got it but saw it running on a mate's computer and although it looked nice I thought the rest of it was kack.
Regards,
Mike
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368 Likes: 19
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368 Likes: 19 |
Mike,I bought a new Royal Enfield 350 Bullet (Indian factory) in '09 (yeah,I got fed up of Jap stuff). I noticed it was leaking oil in the showroom before I even picked it up.I enquired if that was acceptable and the guy said 'for an Enfield,yes'  I really enjoyed it.Kick-start,4-speed,drum brakes and the gear-change on the 'wrong' side for me but I don't think I ever made a bad change on it.I loved it once I'd ditched that horrible Mikuni carb and strangulating exhaust system. Really miss that one. Back on-topic,Something about flight-sims wasn't it? I only recently bought BoS and I am quite enjoying learning to master each aircraft. Yes it is lacking somewhat in SP but hopefully it will get addressed at some point in the future. I won't be deleting CloD just yet,not with TF 5.0 just around the corner.
If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 36
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 36 |
Reminds me of that old joke-
Where does the Queen keep her chickens?
In a Royal 'Enfield!
Sorry couldn't resist.
Yes there is something about classic British bikes that is unique.
I went to the NEC bike show a couple of years ago and was milling around the Norton stand taking pictures of their latest range, and the frames, and the engine mounts. Yeah, I know, a bit sad. Anyway I got talking to the Norton guy about the old Commandos and the new ones etc and said that if I ever won the pools/lottery I would buy one in a heartbeat. "You'll be lucky" he said "We've sold the whole of next year's production run on pre-orders already"!
Can't argue with that.
Ref BoS I'm a SP man myself and multiplayer just leaves me cold. From what I've seen there doesn't seem to be that much SP content at the moment, and what there is, is pretty abysmal. So I'm happy to wait and see how things may or may not develop. There's plenty of brilliant stuff already out there that keeps my attention. Even been flying Jane's F-15 on my old legacy XP system. That is my idea of a combat flight sim.
Imagine if you had Jane's F-15 content with the graphics fidelity of DCS. Probably every flight simmer in the world would buy it. Sadly the days of Jane's, Miroprose, etc are gone forever. BoS is a classic example of modern flight sim development. It seems to me that they really don't know who they are catering for and consequently haven't really catered for anyone much. But multi player seems to be where the market is, if it's anywhere.
Just my tuppence worth.
Regards,
Mike the Bike.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943 |
What about when you're 55? I don't think I could hang on to that thing HANG ON TO IT??!!?? I'd hate to see the impression that tank leaves on my belly. I used to be rather... ummm... svelte. Now I'm a little round in the middle. Not very conducive to hump backed gas tanks.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|