SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing screen freeze during campaign at the most inopportune time. Whenever I am engaged in a low-level fight over the lines the game screen will freeze (volume still on) This occurs when the fps drops below 29. Frustration. My sliders are set to 53333. It only occurs whwn fps is under 30. I even experimented with graphics 800x600 and settinghs all at 1. (16 bit) I still had a freeze when I began to strafe a railyard in March 1918 (again fps were under 30....they were 26. I have 8gb of ram and a 3.8ghz computer. 750 video card. Will buying another 8gb of RAM solve this problem ? Any advice from the experts would be very much appreciated.
Signed....."freezing in Canada."

Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Welcome to the group, this is a very helpful and friendly group. I don't know if you've seen the thread I started concerning game freezes during campaign missions. I was trying to run WOFF with the DX9 shaders set and my game would freeze during a mission. I tried most everything and Saturday on a whim I went and purchased another 8GB of RAM to give me 16GB and you wouldn't believe the difference. I would say that Panama Red is our resident expert in all things graphics, but I don't see how it would hurt you any to go and get another 8GB.


Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
Thanks for the info. Have you tried running a low-level mission with 16 RAM during the 1918 peak of operation "Kaiserschlacht"?

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,945
Likes: 13
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,945
Likes: 13
johnnydrake24:
Do you have WOFF v1 or v2 ???

What is your AA settings ???

If WOFF v2, are you using the shaders or not ???


CPU = i9 14900KS
GPU = RTX 5080
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
I have WOFF 2.04 no mods. My AA settings are at 2. I am using DX9 shaders. They are all sett at either 1 or 2. Should the shaders be shut to 0?

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,945
Likes: 13
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,945
Likes: 13
Try turning off your shaders first and run a low level mission.


CPU = i9 14900KS
GPU = RTX 5080
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
I've run two low level missions with DX9 shaders off. One QC and one campaign. No screen freeze.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,945
Likes: 13
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,945
Likes: 13
Which NVidia drivers are you using ???

Am I to assume you have installed everything that is in the WOFF Toolbox (there are 3 items) ???


CPU = i9 14900KS
GPU = RTX 5080
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
WOFF toolbox?

Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
I installed the game as per instructions. There was no mention of a toolbox.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,945
Likes: 13
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,945
Likes: 13
Go to:
OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields / WOFF / Toolbox /
1. C ++ Runtimes
2. DX9 Redist
3. VB_Runtimes

Execute all three of the above items, then turn your shaders aback on and try your low level mission again.


CPU = i9 14900KS
GPU = RTX 5080
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
Sorry...I am in that folder. I cannot find toolbox.

Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
Found it. C++ Runtimes was installed. Where should the next two be installed to? Sorry Panana....I am not a computer type. My profession does not encompass computer stuff.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,945
Likes: 13
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,945
Likes: 13
All you have to do is find the ".exe" in each folder and just let it install it's self.


CPU = i9 14900KS
GPU = RTX 5080
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Originally Posted By: Panama Red
Which NVidia drivers are you using ???

Am I to assume you have installed everything that is in the WOFF Toolbox (there are 3 items) ???


Panama, I have never done this either. having intermitant freezes with enhanced shaders. When I click on DX9 Redist it comes up
Directx June10 redist, Date Modified(11/27/15), application and file size.

Does that mean it is ok? If I click on that it asked if I agree, yes, then askes where I want to place extracted files?

Any help for a computer dumbass is appreciated.

WOFF 2.04
Windows 8

I would assume since the files are "extracted" that they are ok but I do not know for sure.

Last edited by MFair; 02/23/15 01:07 AM.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,945
Likes: 13
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,945
Likes: 13
The DX9 files will be extracted to a Temp location someplace and then installed into your OS (which is normally on your "C" drive). That is why I said to just let them install themselves after clicking the ".exe" file.


CPU = i9 14900KS
GPU = RTX 5080
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5


When I click on this, I get what is below



No exe file, if I click on that it tells me to type in where where I want to place extracted files. What do I type? Or are the already there.

I really appreciate your help Panama, I realize it must be frustrating trying to help someone who has no idea what they are doing!


Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 18
F
Junior Member
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 18
install them to the default folder it says, but remember it (better still, call it "c:\temp\dx9" or something), because once installed, youre going to that folder, and inside there, the setup .exe file resides, which is what you run to install them.


Adam

Last edited by falster; 02/23/15 02:26 AM.
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Thank you Adam, this has been an ongoing battle. I think I have it working, then, poof! Did as you said and flew 2 campaign missions and a quick combat without a crash. My computer expert, daughter, says we did this but I don't know. Maybe they just needed a reinstall.

Thanks to both you and Panama, we will see if this stays fixed!


Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
Hmm....MFair......I am in the same situation as you are. I tried creating a temp file under the above name but it will not work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,652 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1