SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 560
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 560
Originally Posted By: Trooper117


I still have IL2 1946 (three separate versions) on my Hard drive, and I'm eagerly awaiting CFM...

I have said a zillion times on this and any other forum regarding BoS that I hate their design choices, and as a mainly offline player it holds very little entertainment value.
That doesn't mean I want to see it go down the tubes... If and when that FME comes out and people get their head around it we might see some salvation as offliners with good user made campaigns. For that to happen I have to wait... which is no biggy actually as I'm having fun playing so many other excellent games at the moment.

With DCS, RoF, WoFF, and my beloved IL2 1946, I still get my daily flying fix, not to mention, ArmaII and III, Sniper Elite 3, Rome2, Ryse etc, I am certainly not bored in my gaming world. smile


Same here, 3 versions of IL2 (4.12+modact, DBW + DCG, and one waiting for CFM). And yup, also playing Arma3, and RomeII....eagerly awaiting Attila.

I guess I am just not impressed with more planes/maps/unlocks, and sterile campaign. Its hard to get excited for new shinies when you: A. Have a list of actual good games to play and B. Played BoS and realize if the core didnt change, adding shiney planes on top of crap doesnt do it any good.

Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 2,165
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 2,165
I pre-ordered BoS without a moments hesitation based on what we were told and the grand statements about it being the next iteration of IL-2 etc and because there was an element of trust because it was 777 Studio's at the helm and I wanted to support them. I bought Ilya Muromets the day it was available to support 777 Studio's but I will not be pre-ordering anything from them in future after the way they have misled the community about what we were being sold and through their underhand and downright deceitful behaviour turned flight sim fan on flight sim fan with paid shills.

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 683
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 683
Yep I have IL2 1946 HSFX, and a virgin 4.12.2m install just awaiting on CFM.
And my main CFS right now is TF Cliffs, and has been for some time.

I have not yet removed the unlocks and started playing the BOS campaign again, will be a few days before I can as we have company this weekend. I do intend to give it another go, but fear I will probably bore of the campaign fairly quickly.

Between Cliffs, 1946, ROF, and DCS I have way more sims than I even have time to fly.


Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,914
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,914
By that time..my hopes are that BOS is going to have some serious updates to bring it up to acceptable levels. I love a new game...no doubt about it...but if they've been working hard on this and not putting any major work into the "empty shell" that is BOS...they've made a serious misjudgment in the allocation of man hours. The announcement sounds pretty positive though that this update is going to be significant. Come on guys....turn this puppy around and lets get cracking on fixing this game.....

They mention the unlocks and how they consented on that feature....well it's just one major change....there are many more humble pie admissions and changes that need to take place to fix this game. Don't drag this out....come on..you know you messed up. Fix it....and we will rally around the new releases.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
It's already been stated that the next package will be the same core design as BoS... so for me, the FME holds the attraction.

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 88
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 88
I'll wait and see. Not that interested in the planes. The mig and p40 are cool, but the rest is meh. I have a much better modeled Ju88, bf-109E and BF-110 in CLOD.
There are things that need to be changed with this game, to make me ever buy anything from them.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,562
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,562
Why would anyone buy anything at any point from these people after what they've done and how they've behaved?


"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 2,165
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 2,165
Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
Why would anyone buy anything at any point from these people after what they've done and how they've behaved?


Because some people just love to suck it up, drop their big boy pants and bend over and take it like a good boy.

Its a real shame that the announcement of a new sim or at least another chapter of a franchise should be met with such derision and apathy but when 1C/777 have treated the flight sim community with such contempt what do they expect? will they listen? likely not, they will forge on with fleecing the community with broken promises and half truths. Now we see where the development time has gone. Its not gone into improving the single player campaign which could possibly be improved if they would throw in a few more templates into their random number generator they call a campaign or giving us back custom graphics options or even letting us having x16 time compression back but instead they concentrate on their next Ponzi scheme.

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,204
D
crash-professional
Member
crash-professional
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,204
Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
Why would anyone buy anything at any point from these people after what they've done and how they've behaved?


because it is a bit of a borderline decision: the base of the engine can be quite excellent, in RoF the patching and response was often good (ok, the recent one was a real middlefinger to the customers) I mean, it had drawbacks, but also some excellent and fun sides, it is not a bad product at all... same for BoS, some basic features are great, but then...

But overall it is basically like that:

the games have great potential, but then come weird design decision.. I did pass on BoS but from time to time I do feel tempted to try, despite some terrible downsides and high price. I would be kind of interested to buy, even at that price, if they showed more comon sense in the patching and features that made you confident they�re going into the right direction and that they�d understand their customers from different strokes rather then complaining that their customers don�t get THEM.

Last edited by DrZebra; 02/13/15 05:39 PM.
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,914
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,914
[quote=Airdrop01]Why would anyone buy anything at any point from these people after what they've done and how they've behaved? [/quote

Well, if the product is good, it must mean that they�ve learned from their previous mistakes and decided to get back into making more of a sim and less of a console type game, and that means they would have updated the current BOS up to acceptable standards. Personally I don�t believe in making any point, by punishing myself from being able to fly a really nice CFS.

I�ve tried to make my points here on the forums, and I�d like to think that we helped bring about some of this change. They can label me�.out of touch with technology, or a CFS hardcore old man, because I believe in replicating history through simulation, and using silly things like joysticks and rudder pedals�.that�s okay.

Loft and company saw a fork in the road and thought the money was ripe for their new concept of CFS, but looks like that hasn�t worked out to well for them.

The reality now is�who will pony up the EA monies this time�.if the old CFS community has been ostracized like this? Whose going to trust this bunch this go round? We shall see�how the updates go�.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
M
meh
Veteran
meh
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
The only way they will see my money is if they decide to do a pacific game and only then after it is released and they didnt #%&*$# it up completely.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,745
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,745
Originally Posted By: Jaws2002
I'll wait and see. Not that interested in the planes. The mig and p40 are cool, but the rest is meh. I have a much better modeled Ju88, bf-109E and BF-110 in CLOD.


Feel totally the same. Another eastern front sim - meh. Mig and i16 and same stuff over a different city? Nah, give it a miss.

If they make some of those aircraft flyable in BoS I would probably buy them though - the P40 and the MC202 if they come with some missions etc might be interesting at 20 bucks ea.

Glad they are making enough money for a new title tho. Maybe the next next title will be something interesting!

H


[Linked Image]
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
Originally Posted By: Chucky
They have my interest but I'm not making any rash purchase decisions just yet.
50% off current DLC I see too.


At this juncture buying the Standard Edition and then getting the two DLC aircraft would be cheaper by $20 than buying the Premium Edition for someone who does not own BoS at all. It would be $10 cheaper than those who bought into EA paid for it... like me (and many others of course..) . If they bought the Standard edition in any incarnation they are still saving $20..

It amazes me how people are... and I really think that no matter what this team does there are those who will $hit on anything they do and continue to hold their feet to the fire.

No matter.....

I still think that at the end of the day, when ever that day comes, the IL2 offered up by 1CGS will be up to the task of being a true successor to IL2... and in may ways it actually already is.

There were no IL2s at The Battle of Britain.

I am also reminded of where IL2 was in it's first 13 months.. and it amazes me that the potential is still not seen by many folks. Consider that between the release of IL2 and FB there was 15 months.. and in the beginning it was not certain that IL2 would even move west.

The things that some folks have their shorts all up in a knot about will be addressed. With the last update and the announcement of BoM I am even more convinced of that than ever. Ultimately, in the end it is all about the simming...

For some though it is something else altogether...


Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 62
3
Junior Member
Junior Member
3 Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 62
Now that we have an announcement of new product , at least we know that BoS was not a financial flop.

We already established that models and data from cancelled BoM project were used in production of BoS. Which is not a bad thing because they were obviously high quality work, saved devs some time and money.

Now we can see what I predicted months ago , they are porting rest of assets from 'original' BoM into their 'new product'.

How is it new exactly?

Furthermore , how is it going to be integrated into BoS? From MP perspective , will it split player base even more?

MP numbers are quite low recently , and I only saw around 160 players on at the same time max. And that's only for an hour or so , if you work , then do some stuff after work (like reading this forum smile ) , and then go online let say 9 p.m. It's ghost town.

The oh so powerfull mission editor is in the hands of couple of teams for a while already yet the missions online are rather boring and mostly broken. Very RoF style and nothing like what old IL-2 was. Sure it's fun to fly with your squad for a while , but then it's the same stuff over and over again. No war to fight day by day , only same mission for weeks and literaly airquake with no historical depth.

I wish them good luck with porting Olegs old game into their dated engine , and can't wait to see new chapter in Loft's vision of sovietization and dumbing down of flight simulators. Unlocks , no graphical options , stupid SSAO forced on Ultra preset , low number of players online. Poor communication with english speaking customers and downright insulting cliets and their intelligence.

I don't think I want to give more money to a guy who calls his clients , to paraphrase, 'ugly headed jerks' when they go to his company's forum complaining about broken mechanics forcing them to play boring campaign to get full worth of what they paid full price, only to come back couple of months later to say that he fought to get rid of unlocks for the same people he so despised earlier.

Saving the genre once again wink

Now they will try the same trick , ask you to pay premium for early access and the sell it for �7 in Russia. To us they say we have to pay more because complexity raises production costs , and there is not enough flight sim enthusiasts, and then they release almost free to play version in Russia.

Tell you what , I will pay �15 for western version of BoM with unlocks. That would be fair ,and generous given how poorly they run their PR.

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 72
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 72
Wait, we had il2s in clod bearcat?

Of course we were going to get il2s in the battle of Moscow expansion for clod. But now we get to buy that content years later, imported into the bos engine at lower quality. Yippie!



Anyways they will start pre orders in march... And we are supposed to get the fmb in april/march. Want to guess which we will see first?

If they were unsure if development could continue in december, I wonder how much lower pre-sal... er early access sales will help.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 159
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 159
If all goes according to plan, there'll be 20 flyables (plus one AI only!), three large maps, three seasons on at least two of them, an FMB, hosting and dedicated server...

Feels like it's getting where it needs to be. It sometimes feels like the Devs are muleheaded slow learners, but I get the impression that slowly but surely they're refining or abandoning the design choice that haven't worked, and so on.

Things might feel glum at SimHQ, but over on the BoS site things feel sunnier.

Here's hoping BoS/BoM (Bombos! neaner) is a success - that in a couple of years there's forty or fifty flyables and a whole array of maps.

(At the same time, I hope the TF boys continue to whip CloD into shape. While we're at it, I hope the DCS/Fighter Collection/BBMF collaboration, ahem, speeds up a bit! The more the merrier! Down with begrudgery! Up with sunshine and flowers!)

Edit: By the way, while I'm feeling optimistic, I've been looking at Veteran66's latest SP mission files. It looks like he's using LUA scripting, so hopefully the BoS FMB - when it finally arrives - will feature proper scripting support (like DCS, fingers crossed). In addition, Veteran66 includes a "multimedia" briefing, like we all hoped CloD would allow. Looks like it actually works in BoS. [Touches wood, throws salt over left shoulder, watches black cat sauntering across the street...etc].

Last edited by No601_Swallow; 02/13/15 06:24 PM.
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
I just purchased both DLC at half price,which was always on the cards in the event of a sale.Now to decide if I unlock the unlocks or not.

As for BoM.... a P-40,a Bf 110 and an I-16? All aircraft I want to fly,damn you 1CGS!


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,859
E
Mission Builder
Member
Mission Builder
Member
E Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,859
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
and it amazes me that the potential is still not seen by many folks.


I think most people see the potential.

I know I do. The thing is, I can't play potential and so BoS remains unplayed, I haven't even updated it for a couple of months.

So the FMB might come out in a couple of months and then how long before someone puts together a decent campaign?

Or I could wait the 10 or so months that Jason has implied we'll wait until a 3rd party puts some kind of campaign generator together.

I can't get especially excited about new planes and theatres until there's a decent reason to fly them.

Yeah I see the potential and, in my opinion, it's currently being wasted.





Last edited by Extreme_One; 02/13/15 06:22 PM.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,771
Oberkriegkaboomf�hrer
Hotshot
Oberkriegkaboomf�hrer
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,771
If they release a FMB that's working without needing a degree in programming I'll buy Battle of Moscow.

No FMB, no buy.


The list of aircraft is great, but the current campaign system just isn't interesting for me.


"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 314
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 314
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
Originally Posted By: Chucky
They have my interest but I'm not making any rash purchase decisions just yet.
50% off current DLC I see too.


At this juncture buying the Standard Edition and then getting the two DLC aircraft would be cheaper by $20 than buying the Premium Edition for someone who does not own BoS at all. It would be $10 cheaper than those who bought into EA paid for it... like me (and many others of course..) . If they bought the Standard edition in any incarnation they are still saving $20..

It amazes me how people are... and I really think that no matter what this team does there are those who will $hit on anything they do and continue to hold their feet to the fire.

No matter.....

I still think that at the end of the day, when ever that day comes, the IL2 offered up by 1CGS will be up to the task of being a true successor to IL2... and in may ways it actually already is.

There were no IL2s at The Battle of Britain.

I am also reminded of where IL2 was in it's first 13 months.. and it amazes me that the potential is still not seen by many folks. Consider that between the release of IL2 and FB there was 15 months.. and in the beginning it was not certain that IL2 would even move west.

The things that some folks have their shorts all up in a knot about will be addressed. With the last update and the announcement of BoM I am even more convinced of that than ever. Ultimately, in the end it is all about the simming...

For some though it is something else altogether...


Dream on, BC.

How any serious flight simmer can be content with the things that BoS delivers is mysterious for me.

As often written before, here and in other forii, one of the keys for the success of the original IL2 was the easy to handle and powerful FMB, allowing user made content.
Another key was the ability to create believable battles on the ground and in the air with hundreds of AI objects.

Thats two things that BoS can't deliver.

To say it in other words, a successor should improve what already is there.

The true successor, regretfully abandoned, did improve on all counts and had its problems.

BoS is eye candy (the models, not the bleak world) with a very questionable FM and a arcade tending DM, something shallow to consume when the time for a real sim isn't there.

Now we get new planes and a new map but with the same inadequate engine.

You might continue to preach to the undemanding, which are easy to satisfy, but calling BoS a successor to IL2 must be counted as a slight, I'm afraid.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,855 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1