|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794 |
WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
No problem! More stock work, this time the basic shape of the cheek rest. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
On a small hiatus due to Addon Builder (please don't talk to me about PBOProject, just don't) not working correctly, seems to not want to pack large PBOs which it has done in the past.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
A3 Tools is still acting up. While the world can still turn I do like to pack it for a test run and get you nice screenies of it modeled (no pun intended...) in-game but I think taking breaks while modding is good for the soul. So I haven't forgotten about this, just it's nice to focus on something else for a change.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 763
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 763 |
I see that they have fixed the MOD size and amount of files you can use in the Steam Workshop. Hopefully in the near future you will upload to the Steam Workshop. They are really working hard to make the Launcher really good.
3 Samsung 27" LED Monitors powered by a Zotac 4GB 680GTX. Set at PCI Gen3. 5760 x 1080 resolution. MSI z68a-gd80 (g3) motherboard Ivy Bridge 3770k 3.5Ghz 32GB RAM (all .pbo's loaded into a 12GB RamDisk) TrackIR4 zboard merc keyboard Saitek X-52 stick/throttle/pedals Logitech MOMO racing wheel/pedals Razer Deathadder 3500 black mouse Sony receiver for 5.1 surround sound. 5 speakers and powered sub-woofer.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
Yep and if I could upload multiple PBOs for the pack again I'd use it. It's a great system since you can get updates faster than say, Armaholic, or maybe even PWS. But it's a matter of logistics as I have enough issues with around fifty-five guns or so, so 3x that, no thanks. /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// New Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/34774rl2apsp4lx/ThompsonRC8.7z?dl=0///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Thompson mini pack (I guess that's a good name for it) - Adjusted WW2 version stock to not clip so much into the shoulder. Honestly it looks kinda stupid and can be removed based on people's views (as that was a real configuration during wartime and "other" uses). - Fixed Readme - Third version, "Tactical Thompson v2" has optic rail near the end of the reciever, just behind the charging handle. - Fixed the Safety issue, didn't have the magazine configured (long story short the R3F system is a magazine for game logic to use) and now works
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
Given that they fixed Addon Builder, I'll get back to A3 stuff... tomorrow.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
Ookay with Addon Builder functioning as it should, back to some A3 gun work. Added so far the small ridged area on the bottom of the stock, and as you can see I still have to adjust the frame of the stock to the rear of the receiver but otherwise almost there: 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
Other than needing to be textured... pretty much "done" I think. You guys want any iron sights on it? And I was thinking of adding that little magazine thingamajig (more like a FN style Magpul, yes I understand what it is, just being layman for a bit) as well. I may do the 60-rounders for the next release as it's just some time I need to focus on getting this later version out, so I figure after this version is uploaded I can add some SureFire (like those mags actually) mags so yeah I said NO before but now that I can see where I'm at now, I can flex and do that after this update. Fair? Oh yeah there's an image too: 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
And some cleanup... 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
More work, thing is playing hard to get but getting better down the road: 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
More touchup and starting to look better: 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
And some more stock work:  I think overall its as good as it'll get given the combo of roundness and flat areas on the skeleton style stock and later on will get to texturing it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
Doesn't look too bad I think:  
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
More work on the forward rails. I need to re-add the proxy and I textured that white part (which above is the untextured look in-game)  As far as Irons go, I may re-add the default rear sight or just be lazy and re-use the sights from the SCAR-P but the product image shows probably a proprietary FN style front flip sight but right now just getting the weapon finished as it is now is a priority.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
And textured: 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
And tricked out for your viewing pleasure. I don't know I'm really liking how its just smooth and not obstructed, so maybe I'll make the irons disappear rather than animate them and it's also a proxy check to see how it works anyway: 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
And in the hubbub the HK418 (went with that, makes sense):  Wax On:  Wax Off:  I know they're flip down but I really like the clean lines opposed to the "Chunky" look flip up sights sometimes give (Or I can throw the Magpul ones on) but if you all prefer it (Yes I do at least like some input on that, anims as said are staying as is).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794 |
Looking good. As for the iron sights, usually unless specifically I want them, I never pay them any mind. So if they are gone when a scope or reflex is mounted, I'd never care.
WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8
Me, just me. Member
|
|
Me, just me. Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,465 Likes: 8 |
Yeah I agree man, it looks so sexy without them anyway so they'll disappear when a scope isn't used.
|
|
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|