SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot
"A ban for any other reason is despicable"

No, you abide by the rules set by the owners of the forum, if you don't like rules choose a forum that has none

Anything else is stupidity

Cheers Dakpilot


Which means all revolutions throughout history have been acts of "stupidity". And I'll leave it there, because your notions deserve not even that much of a response.


Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 356
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 356
The notion that posting rights on a flight Sim forum can be compared to revolutions and freedom fights for democracy is a bit of a leap, but I will leave it there
Cheers Dakpilot

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 443
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 443
Plain and simple the banning is part of an on going 'campaign' of censorship

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 761
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 761
I find it interesting that, apart from the devs trying to kill the game, the mods are doing a good job at it as well...
Banning your customers, who have laid out up to $90, is never going to end well.

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
Originally Posted By: bongodriver
Plain and simple the banning is part of an on going 'campaign' of censorship


I frequent the BoS forum.I don't have a dog in this race atm,but from someone sitting on the fence,that is how I see it too. It makes it even harder for me to want to give these people my money.


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot
The notion that posting rights on a flight Sim forum can be compared to revolutions and freedom fights for democracy is a bit of a leap, but I will leave it there
Cheers Dakpilot


Basic principles can be the thread that stitch cloths of many different colours together.


Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 6,079
T
Sexy Beast
Hotshot
Sexy Beast
Hotshot
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 6,079
Extreme_One

LOL I just read that post in the open letter to the Devs thread. Talk about hypocrisy of the highest order. Dont be suprised if that post disappears soon.

SD


From the hills rebounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty force surrounding

Men of Harlech onto glory
This shall ever be your story
Keep these fighting words before ye
Welshmen never yield
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 443
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 443
Even ,<name deleted> has figured out he can post anything he likes as long as he appears to be 'anti-hater', he is having a field day at the moment.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 12/06/14 08:09 PM.
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 454
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 454
Originally Posted By: bongodriver
Even <name deleted> has figured out he can post anything he likes as long as he appears to be 'anti-hater', he is having a field day at the moment.


LOL, he is the only one I have on my ignore list smile

Last edited by CyBerkut; 12/06/14 08:09 PM.
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 443
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 443
Ah the ignore list, the internets best kept secret, if all the fanboy trolls knew how to use it, it would solve all of these problems.

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 6,079
T
Sexy Beast
Hotshot
Sexy Beast
Hotshot
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 6,079
Originally Posted By: bongodriver
Even <name deleted> has figured out he can post anything he likes as long as he appears to be 'anti-hater', he is having a field day at the moment.


LOL and he doesn't even play the game?????? The mind boggles.

SD

Last edited by CyBerkut; 12/06/14 08:10 PM.
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 443
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 443
A moderator has just decided it's time to pretend to be a moderator and slapped his wrist.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 12/05/14 04:42 PM.
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 797
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 797
Originally Posted By: bongodriver
Ah the ignore list, the internets best kept secret, if all the fanboy trolls knew how to use it, it would solve all of these problems.


+1 , they could then live in the imaginary world were all is well and nothing is every wrong with software



Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 6,079
T
Sexy Beast
Hotshot
Sexy Beast
Hotshot
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 6,079
Originally Posted By: bongodriver
A moderator has just decided it's time to pretend to be a moderator and slapped his wrist.


He must be reading this post or reading your mind.......cue X-files music. Time for the tin foil hat.



SD

Last edited by CyBerkut; 12/05/14 04:43 PM.
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 356
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 356
Originally Posted By: Extreme_One
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot
"A ban for any other reason is despicable"

No, you abide by the rules set by the owners of the forum, if you don't like rules choose a forum that has none

Anything else is stupidity

Cheers Dakpilot


Neither "arguing with moderators" or "posting more than X number of complaints" are listed in the rules.



Actually that would be rule 6 and 9 but I would sound like a smartarse for saying it winkngrin

anyway its only a short term posting restriction

Cheers Dakpilot

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 443
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 443
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot
Originally Posted By: Extreme_One
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot
"A ban for any other reason is despicable"

No, you abide by the rules set by the owners of the forum, if you don't like rules choose a forum that has none

Anything else is stupidity

Cheers Dakpilot


Neither "arguing with moderators" or "posting more than X number of complaints" are listed in the rules.



Actually that would be rule 6 and 9 but I would sound like a smartarse for saying it winkngrin

anyway its only a short term posting restriction

Cheers Dakpilot


actually you wouldn't, because neither of those rules cover the described points, arguing with moderators is not questioning their actions and sticking to a point is not wilful duplication.

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,859
E
Mission Builder
Member
Mission Builder
Member
E Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,859
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot
Originally Posted By: Extreme_One
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot
"A ban for any other reason is despicable"

No, you abide by the rules set by the owners of the forum, if you don't like rules choose a forum that has none

Anything else is stupidity

Cheers Dakpilot


Neither "arguing with moderators" or "posting more than X number of complaints" are listed in the rules.



Actually that would be rule 6 and 9 but I would sound like a smartarse for saying it winkngrin

anyway its only a short term posting restriction

Cheers Dakpilot



Quote:
6. It is forbidden to discuss the actions of moderators and administrators in any form on the forum. All questions are to be sent via "personal message" to the administrator/moderator.



Nope.

That would be "your moderating decision was wrong ..." not "I disagree with your opinion on such-and-such..."

Quote:
9. Willful duplication of topics and excessive branching of topics is prohibited (i.e. placement of similar meaning posts and content). Before starting a new topic in a section, please use the search function to find similar posts. This will help make sure the subject you are interested in is easy to find by others. Topics that needlessly duplicate other discussions may be closed without notice and subsequently removed.


I think that rule would apply to the topic starter and not a contributor, otherwise all the members of the BoS Defence League that had posted in the same thread would also be subject to a similar ban.

So, yeah you really did sound like a smartarse. smile

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,914
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,914
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99


I have always tried to err on the side of fairness.. and everyone in this thread who was ever banned or had dealings with me as a moderator on any forum that I have moderated on can attest to that. Usually there will be multiple PMs before any such action is taken by me. I cannot account for what others may do... but my primary goal is to just keep the angst to a minimum.. and I do my best to get cooperation from forum members. When I don't get that ...


I for one do not doubt your intentions to be fair, and I'm not saying I have not ever lost my perspective...I have, and I will more than likely do it a few more times before the week is out...and it's already Friday....I believe that you just wanted to "control through censorship" the forum so it wouldn't get "out of hand" like you've observed on other forums....I think I'm getting that right. But the way you've done it is like stopping someone for speeding in a 70 mph zone, and giving them a ticket for going 65, because you just knew, based on your experience...that they were going to do 80 or 90 mph. Why not nip it in the bud? The only problem is...it wasn't against the law....

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 443
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 443
it's called prejudice

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 102
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 102
I'm not sure if I'm toeing the line here, but raaaid might have a psychological deficiency.

He said he couldn't play the game due to his PC not being up to running it. If the reason for this is the same as some of the others I've read about, lack of graphic options, if he could have his fun with a game he seems to want to defend with such fervor, yet can't because a developer's decision has hamstrung him, what is so appealing to him? I wouldn't be a happy camper in his position, but maybe I'm in a different reality.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,121 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1